anyone know this serpent model?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone know this serpent model?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Photo Taken I '06 When I retired them. Orange Porsche 911 it a Xray T1 also retired. All were retired w/engine rebuilt and Centax clutches rebuilt.
Attached Thumbnails anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0205.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
The TC probably 200mm w/.12 engine. Impact ran a Mega EVO3 .15 original. EVO3 definitely bit larger. Impact was restricted to .15 engine racing on all bodies of racing.(like ROAR, IMFAR)
thats strange, mine says evo4. newer engine installed maybe?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Yep Yours maybe a 835, by the chassis. Maybe a early 835. Cuz they changed tho location of battery. They design the later battery located the bottom of gas tank. The gas tank was redisign to accomodate the battery.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Yep Yours maybe a 835, by the chassis. Maybe a early 835. Cuz they changed tho location of battery. They design the later battery located the bottom of gas tank. The gas tank was redisign to accomodate the battery.
hmm.interesting. ya think the cvd axles and other suspension parts are the same in the 835 and the impact?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by squillaempusa
hmm.interesting. ya think the cvd axles and other suspension parts are the same in the 835 and the impact?

Most of parts are the same. Composite parts change a bit, steel part stayed the same. 235mm didnt last long.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Is it 10 scale or 8? It looks like a 6000?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jake alton
i believe it's 1/8. i think we have it narrowed down to either an impact m2, or an 835.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

so i found the impulse "pro" dog bones (#801221) on ebay you were talkin about. ya think they'll fit huh?.. not sure what pro means. gonna change the glow plug, and take it to the LHS and try to get it started(i don't have a starter box yet), to make sure it runs before i sink too much $ into it(right now). all i really need i think is new batt, and that front cvd we've been talking about. servos work, and radio/reciever works. as long as engine is good, pretty much ready for tearin up my street, and wakin the neighbors up.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jake alton
i believe it's 1/8. i think we have it narrowed down to either an impact m2, or an 835.
so i found the impulse "pro" dog bones (#801221) on ebay you were talkin about. ya think they'll fit huh?.. not sure what pro means. gonna change the glow plug, and take it to the LHS and try to get it started(i don't have a starter box yet), to make sure it runs before i sink too much $ into it(right now). all i really need i think is new batt, and that front cvd we've been talking about. servos work, and radio/reciever works. as long as engine is good, pretty much ready for tearin up my street, and wakin the neighbors up.
Serpent 8th scale a differnt animal. From Quattro in the '80 to Vectors To 966's.
10th scale from impulse to 835, same format, same Chassis. I assemble Vector, Impact & Impulse at the same time, when the Impulse came out, Thats when the M2 was starting to get popular.

Yes the Impulse Pro will fit. Impulse was the testing model, the Pro parts were a touch beefier and dependable. Been a Serpent freak since the Quattro in the early '80's.

Remamber the Impact M2 was out before the Impulse Thats when they use it it for 200mm Tour car down sized.

Be ready on purchasing a starter box. Glow plug I'll start out with a medium plug (i.e. #8). Many starter boxes out there. Dual motored I like. Still with NiMh batteries. Lipos may get expensive, and you have to moniter them. 12v Battery? havent use one since 1989!!!!! What ever starter box that rattles you will do!! lol!!

B/n Impulse & Impulse Pro, difference was aproximately 8 months of upgrades a improvements.

Last edited by Geezatec; 04-01-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If it is serpent, Had to be Impact M2 or the 835 the only two Serpent 235mm made. The two discontinued, years ago.
I recall there being many version of the Impact... The original Impact, Impact 2, Impact M2, Impact M2 WC, etc.

And they changed the radio tray from model to model. Most of the suspension and drivetrain remained the same, though.

Based on the OP's pics, I would guess this is an older model, probably an Impact 2.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Serpent 8th scale a differnt animal. From Quattro in the '80 to Vectors To 966's.
10th scale from impulse to 835, same format, same Chassis. I assemble Vector, Impact & Impulse at the same time, when the Impulse came out, Thats when the M2 was starting to get popular.

Yes the Impulse Pro will fit. Impulse was the testing model, the Pro parts were a touch beefier and dependable. Been a Serpent freak since the Quattro in the early '80's.

Remamber the Impact M2 was out before the Impulse Thats when they use it it for 200mm Tour car down sized.
ha, seems i've got the right guy for serpent info. i was slightly into the hobby in the early-mid 80's. had a hornet. never heard of serpent, even back then. knew about the jack rabbit and thought that was the baddest around, even tho different animal. always wanted a "lunch box", i think by tamiya, kyosho or somethin. bout to get my hornet back after all these years. mother says she's gonna dig it out. restoring it should be fun. very exited about gettin this impact/835 runnin, now that i got a taste of nitro. can't figure out why all nitros don't have pull starts...and use bump boxes while at the track.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
I recall there being many version of the Impact... The original Impact, Impact 2, Impact M2, Impact M2 WC, etc.

And they changed the radio tray from model to model. Most of the suspension and drivetrain remained the same, though.

Based on the OP's pics, I would guess this is an older model, probably an Impact 2.
All within 4years. I'm sorry that it could last, The class was good of 1/8 wasnt you league. 235mm class just as quick, as 1/8th
Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Pre '80's there were no production cars. All were like pan cars, Build there way your hearts desired. Serpent was the pioneer of thing to come. Racing!!! Pioneered the 2sp tranmission with Hudy. Came a long way. Pull starts!!! for the Toys!! Starter boxes, For Racers!! My opinion!! Guys dont get mad!! lol!!! Still a hobby to have fun with. lol!!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Impact M2 Challenger

Here is my old Impact M2 Challenger with SX15 MS evo 4 and Centax 2.
Very nice and fast car .
I am missing the manual as my PC crash without backup, so if any outthere have a PDF, please let me know.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails anyone know this serpent model?-impact-m2-challenger_01.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-impact-m2-challenger_02.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Got one here but No PDF.
Attached Thumbnails anyone know this serpent model?-challenger-m2-001.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.