Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many has wife/girl that hates RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I race twice per month and my psycho hose beast ex-girlfriend would make a huge deal out me doing my own thing two Saturdays per month. I finally got sick of it (among other things) and told that greedy, jealous, clingy psycho hosebeast that she needs to get a life. I'm still trying to get some of my stuff back from her! If you ever plan on breaking up with a chick, be sure to retrieve all your stuff from her place beforehand.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

thats because all you guys are whooped i meet my girlfriend at the r/c track and we have been together for almost a decade now . she goes to all the races i go to (because she the one who pays for the room ) plus she gets all kinds of pissed when i whoop her a$$
Old 03-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
thats because all you guys are whooped i meet my girlfriend at the r/c track and we have been together for almost a decade now . she goes to all the races i go to (because she the one who pays for the room ) plus she gets all kinds of pissed when i whoop her a$$

shes not your girlfriend anymore
Old 03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tell her to get a hobby. My wife is a scrapbooker. She spends about 1/2 what I spend on RC, but she doesn't complain when I go racing anymore.

Also.. good to have a son who loves RC as much as I do. He is 4 yrs old and all I have to do is tell him to ask Mom. LOL!!

Mr serious on the end is my son!

Running with the big boys in the Sportsman class.

Rock Crawling at 18 degrees

Sorry..Proud father is done posting pics!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
I race twice per month and my psycho hose beast ex-girlfriend would make a huge deal out me doing my own thing two Saturdays per month. I finally got sick of it (among other things) and told that greedy, jealous, clingy psycho hosebeast that she needs to get a life. I'm still trying to get some of my stuff back from her! If you ever plan on breaking up with a chick, be sure to retrieve all your stuff from her place beforehand.
Now, If she was a "hosebeast", I wouldnt have a problem not going....lol, hosebeast.... I havent heard that in years
Old 03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis

Sounds like you just need to give here a good "lickin' :-) before telling her you're goin' racin!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

they all have hated it and they don t understand it
but they can do what ever they want to and say anything they want to
and then some times they support you.
but some one that totally hates and bashes this sport ( and yes its a sport not just a dum hobby) is not worth being with cuz they will find something other than this to complain about.
like riding bikes,working on the car or house or something it could be anything.
iv found in my life my x's always wanted to be entertained so i always had to do something with them and if i did not they would get mad.
they would say what am i gona do when your racing all weekend.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I hope this small 2c worth of advice might help someone...

what you need to do is create a situation where it is "her idea" that you go racing.

for me that situation arose when during a reeeealy busy time at work (12 hours/day, 6 days a week) I dropped a "thought seed" into conversation about how everyone needs to have some sort of outlet for frustrations, some people go to the pub and get drunk, some people have affairs, some people spend vast amounts of money on "real" cars, others gamble etc etc, and how much I enjoyed racing (I had been forced to stop racing for a while because of work) and how much I missed the friendships at the club.

Then she came up with the **brilliant** idea that I should make some time to go racing more regularly...

and every now and again I say how I "feel guilty" about spending money on racing and she totally dismisses the notion. she even told me that she thinks its great, and it allows her some alone time, and how its alot better than some of the other things that some guys get upto. She also said she is relaxed when she knows that I am out racing, cos in the back of her mind she knows im not getting into fights at the pub...

To quote the A-Team from years ago...

" I love it when a plan comes together"

Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
I hope this small 2c worth of advice might help someone...

what you need to do is create a situation where it is "her idea" that you go racing.

Yep - That's what I did last year... I asked my wife if SHE'd like to go to VEGAS for her 40th Birthday.... that was in September... Littles did she know, that was the same time of the IIC.

HMMM? About 3 weeks or so before we we planning to go... I brought up "HEYY the IIC is going to be going on in VEGAS the SAME week we're going to be ther.... AND it's going to be at ethe SAME HOTEL we're staying at....

And she said.... How convenient, are you going to race? And I said, NO WAY -- we're going there to celebrate YOUR birthday..(with puppy dog eyes)

Then about a week later she said.... "OH, Go ahead and Race, I know you want to"...

Then I said, "OK, but ONLY IF YOU INSIST"

Yup - I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default wife

If you just tell her what shes going to do you wont have problems.I have a good wife she cuts my motors charges and discharges my batteries mounts tires and packs my stuff up when its over ..guess im just lucky.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Man I'm lucky as I race every weekend and my wife could care less. As long as I go to family stuff I can race as much as I want. Hell she even buys stuff for me.

I feel bad for you guys that have problem.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My wife cannot stand my RC racing hobby. She has threatened to throw all my RC car related things in the trash. now, I do not talk about my RC racing to her and she pretends not to notice it.

But, come to think of it, she has not liked any of my hobbies in the past.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Hate

My wife hates me and my hobby but what the hell it adds spice to the marriage.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My gf isnt too cool with the hobby but she told me she rather have me spend my money on "toy" cars instead of drugs, the bars, or strip clubs
Old 03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

my g/f likes it she buys all my rc equipment and dosent mind me racing on saturdays he has her own thing to do on saturday so it all works out good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.