Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Æ2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

i know it is strong enough, just wondered how easily it scratches up?
Old 02-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

southend ? That's the track with walls instead of track marks, isn't it ? My TRF 414M's hinge pins didn't like that track at all

Sho's SD with the V1.3 always looked good, but I can't say the same about the driver, lololol.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Agower
It will scratch just as much as a carbon chassis on other cars ie ,x-ray(the best),415`s (next best one) ,pro4& schumacher(won`t go there)
Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hebiki:
The CGM will convert, but you will need to buy an SSG style motor-mount, steering posts & steering system to complete the conversion.
The CGM motor-mount creates more problems than it solves, it's one of those 'simple is the best solution' cases.
I don't understand the concern about chassis wear... it will be exactly the same as any other chassis. Short of running skid plates on the underside of the chassis you will not avoid it (we have no plans to apply skid plates to the design).

teammediocre / TRF415boy:
No chance of having this design adapted to the 415... well, not by me anyway, it wouldn't work.

yodaopie / Matt Howard:
Matt, your spot on, it is for the SD only.

MR JOLLY:
Yep, dessimated the Southend track record, and many others during 2004 with the old chassis, smooth, regular and bumpy tracks.

I think that was everyone, sorry if I missed anyone.

L8ers
Andy
Old 02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Other than motor placement what do you see not working?Just curious
Old 02-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

teammediocre:
I don't want to go into too much detail as it is just my opinion.
I don't believe it would work because I personally believe the 415's layout creates too many sacrifices in key areas.
I know that seems like a silly statement to make when you consider the results they have recently achieved with the latest version of the car. Maybe the way I view the design of a car is different to how other people view it?
From an engineering point of view, like the X-Ray it is something to be admired.
Part of the fun for me is trying to prove my ideas and theories to be right or wrong, and I will enjoy trying to beat the 415's this year
Old 02-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Not a problem just curious to your standpoint on it.Thanks for the reply.