Wiki Posts
Search

xxx-t rtr hop up info

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default xxx-t rtr hop up info

my friend has a xxx-t and he is looking for some upgrades for the truck but it seems that we can't find anything for it...any sites out there that have some hop ups for it...he is new to the hobby and loves it but he get's frustrated trying to upgrade his truck.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well, what kind of upgrades are you looking for. the stock chasis and tranny should be able to handle plenty of power. your best bet on upgrades might be the mamba max system, and higher power batteries, maybe lipo.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

The XXX-T is fully upgradeable with all MF2 parts, IE. threadded shock bodies, titanium tire rods, you can also put the new XXX-TCR quick change hubs on it
Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I assume you guys know that the losi st's are not like traxxas trucks and such that have all the blingy aluminum upgrade parts. They are aimed as race trucks and you will find hop ups such as graphite parts etc.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Sorry for the long post. Well, my buddy racess only. When parts break, he wants to put the kit parts on. Our LHS is mostly stocked with the MF2 parts which don't seem to be the correct parts for his truck. Would things like this be covered in the BK/MF2 thread? EX: The rear bolt on the tranny that connects the motor plate pulled out of the motor plate. The LHS only has MF2 and upgraded alum. plates. And looking on Losipartshouse.com there is only a regular steel plate. Doesn't seem like an upgrade. A-3034 in the exploded view http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Fil...lodedfinal.pdf

Another example is the rear hubs/axle carrier. The RTR parts don't have the wheelbase adjustment. When he broke his rear hub he was able to get the kit hubs, but there were no spacers to make adjustments with. I mocked some up from the plastic on parts trees. it got him by for the weekend. LOL
Anyways, my buddy really likes the hobby. He even has an arrangement with his girlfriend that Fridays and Saturdays are race nites. Nothing else. LOL. And he just started around Feb. or March this year. His truck has been awesome for him. Very tough and reliable. We just need to find a place to upgrade.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The MF2 and the RTR differ in a few areas. One of which is the MF2 is all graphite. That only affects handling, but some parts such as arms have the extra hole on the end to change the handling, the RTRs dont. The rear end is also different, as they both have different transmissions and pivot blocks. Nothing in the tranny transfers over except some bearings, and even the motor plate wont fit.

That being said many things DO transfer over. The entire front end is the same, minus the arms, which isnt anything to worry about. The new CR truck is something to think about, as they will work with the RTR at little easier.

The MF2 and BK2 cars really seperated themselves a bit, because they had so many different parts than the other cars that it was tricky for LHS to stock everything.