Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Chad_R40 - What looks cheap? By cheap I'm hoping you mean inexpensive...this car shouldn't require a couple hundred dollars in Fioroni, King Headz, or Hardcore components to be competitive.
You should not need all that to be able to drive a buggy fast anyways? i think i have a whopping 70 extra dollars in chassis parts...UmmmKayy

Last edited by Chad_R40; 04-25-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks Aaron. Kind of an interesting market delivery...close to the end of the outdoor season.

I'm looking at buying another buggy...mainly the TTR EB4-S3...due to the racer's support here. Everyone here has one. However, being a trail blazer with my LST2...it was the best move ever! THE best MT on the market today! I have become very fond of Losi's products and am very interested in the 8ight. VERY!

From your limited exposure...how would you compare the 8ight/EB4-S3/XB8?

Thanks for you assistance.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Chad_R40 - I don't mean this as a bash, but I find it pretty insulting to say that the 8IGHT looks cheap, when most of the SP2's, X5's, and XB8's you see out there (especially their team drivers) are sporting a whole bunch of King Headz or Fioroni stuff.

"Bling" doesn't win races.

SUNA - I am extremely biased, so take this with a grain of salt...haha. In my honest opinion, from what I've seen, the Losi car should definitely keep up with the current cars on the market. It's certainly not forward-thinking to go backwards on the track .
Old 04-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

How does Losi plan to run an illegal buggy in races? If you are aiming at 777 SP2 and MBX-5 Pro Spec pricing, why are you including an illegal fuel tank? Come on a big tank is for bashing, no basher is going to spend upwards of $500+ just on a kit for bashing.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

August or September? Why would they put out marketing tools for a car that is not going to be released rof another 5 months? That is crap.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Prices

Quote "Aaron Waldron - I don't have any figures for either...I think it's safe to speculate sometime around August or September, but don't hold me to that. The only thing I've heard about the projected street price is that it will be competitive with the cars currently on the market...the MBX-5 Prospec, 777 SP2, and XB8 TQ."

You do know there is about a $100 dollar difference in price between a XB8-TQ and and SP2/MBX-5 right???

XB-8TQ $550 out the door at my LHS
SP-2 $749.95 online hobby shop
MBX-5 Prospec 649.95 online hobby shop

I hope Losi goes more for the XB8 price.

Oh by the way I think the car looks good. It is refreshing to see "new" thinking instead of "here is my copy of X car" .

Good job to Losi!!!!!!

Chris

Last edited by ccm399; 04-26-2006 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by binaryterror
How does Losi plan to run an illegal buggy in races? If you are aiming at 777 SP2 and MBX-5 Pro Spec pricing, why are you including an illegal fuel tank? Come on a big tank is for bashing, no basher is going to spend upwards of $500+ just on a kit for bashing.
And both the Losi and AE gas trucks have over-sized tanks that requires the use of a filler plug or plugged fuel tubing to make them legal. If the tank does end up being over-sized, I will bet that there will be some sort of filler plug included for the racer to install to make it legal for racing.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is ment as a real competition buggy
why on earth
would they put an illegal tank inthere ?

price will be around 575.00
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

It's a lot easier to explain to people that they just put some fuel tubing/spacer into the tank to be legal than it is to how/what they have to do to make the tank larger than it is. If the tank was too small then there might be some death threats going out based off how excited people got about the tank being a little + sized.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
.............I suggested it might be a bad idea on the metrics vs. SAE thing. In rebuttle to your comment. They are hopefully marketing this car to every RC enthusiest out there. The majority (by a long shot) uses and has access to metrics. It is a fact. It is not opinion. Time will tell the story if it is a good decision or not........
Why should this even matter? If your going to spend $600 on a car I hope you have already bought a good set of hex's and most sets come with metric and standard. and for Nuts... just use the included wrenches.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tony's screws will produce a set of metric screws
Old 04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lets just say for a minute that you have seen the production buggy tearing up tour local track. You have finnaly decided to drop the money on a new kit and the losi is the one. You walk into the hobby shop to purchase the new buggy and thats when you find out it includes standard hardware...........Do you really think you will change your mind then??

Probably not. I'm not sure why this seems to be such an issue?
Lets let it come out, race some races, and then base our opinion on concrete evidence, not hear say and prototype pictures.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Anybody that races electric offroad will already have SAE wrenches. All Losi and Associated buggies/trucks (Touring cars too?) have SAE hardware. Shouldn't be a big issue for most of this cars potential customers. I could see RC Screwz or Tony's Screws coming out with a Metric conversion set that costs just slightly less than a couple of SAE wrenches too.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Lets let it come out, race some races, and then base our opinion on concrete evidence, not hear say and prototype pictures.
Always fear change...
Old 04-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Shocker - That seems to be the general idea..haha.

Grandegixxer - Why not? Magazines and internet hype would happen five months before the release of the car anyway, as soon as someone catches them testing it at the local track.

Loosen up a little bit

ccm - That $100 gives you a range to guess what the price is going to be. I'm not trying to pin-point the projected street price within $5!

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have an extra minute or two of run-time on a practice day, and simply have to press a plug into place when it's time to go to the 1-2 races per year that actually tech tank size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.