Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XRAY T3 vs. TC6.1 vs. S411 - Which one and why? >

XRAY T3 vs. TC6.1 vs. S411 - Which one and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3 vs. TC6.1 vs. S411 - Which one and why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a more simplistic answer to this question. DON'T buy the TC6.1 at this time. Spares are IMPOSSIBLE to find. By that I mean the spares we need.

You can buy any of the never-break stuff easy but you just try to buy castor blocks, knuckles, rear hubs. Shops don't have any, associated direct are backordered and Ebay (the original One-stop-shop) has NOTHING but useless parts. In fact of the parts available, nearly all of them are the TC5/TC6 compatible items merely flagged as TC6.1

My TC6.1 is running with one TC5 castor block on the front left which while supporting the car is not 'right'.

WHY oh WHY would Associated release a car before support for consumable parts was up to speed ??
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As I was getting ready to become the new owner of a XRAY T3, I get a call from my boss that I am laid off, yup! What was supposed to be a very exciting Friday and a weekend I was looking forward to became a dreadful day for me and my family. So until I get back to work I will have to put this on hold. :flam ing:: flaming::flami ng:
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I built a TC6.1 a couple months ago, and set it up for foam tires on carpet.
Drives very nice. (Spare parts are finally in!)
Building a S411 this week, will be back in a week or so with an update.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
I believe the Xray and the Serpent are better build quality than the TC6.1 however the TC6.1 and Serpent are cheaper to get spares for than the Xray.

No reason why you couldnt get any of these cars to work on any surface.

Simon
You drive a bit faster than everyone else Simon

Nathan
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I love my S411
still getting used to my t 2012
don't own a t6
The s411 is good outdoors on low traction asphalt contrary to a previous post and definetely turns better than my t3. I have broken the xray (outdrives) and not broken ant parts on the s411. both great cars but the serpent to me is a little more of a drivers car than the t3 and with time more setups will come in and it will be battling the t3 for top spot I think,
you can't go wrong with either car and it is prety clear which one of the 2 I like to race more.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have the T3 and the TC6. Quality wise T3 is better but you pay more for the price. More attention to building the TC6 works out about the same lap time wise.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your job onetrade if your in Bk I would op for the T3 Bk hobbies has one in stock and Bruckner hobbies stocks all the parts you could need. Local sponsored Xray driver Diatta works at Bruckner and at 360V2 indoor raceway in New Rochelle it is the weapon of choice. National 17.5 blinky champion Mike Haynes races there also hes running the Associated car and hes plenty fast so you cant go wrong. Wends night at New Roc just over the Whitestone Bridge racing starts at 7pm check it out.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Getting laid off really sucks. since then have gotten back to work and my wife got me an NT1 for my birthday. I already have an on-road electric, but getting to the electric tracks is impossible for me. Since Floyd Bennett Field is pretty close to me I ended up going Nitro. If I were to get a new Electric 1/10 I would go for the XRAY. My current electric XRAY is the older T2.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Onetrade
Getting laid off really sucks. since then have gotten back to work and my wife got me an NT1 for my birthday. I already have an on-road electric, but getting to the electric tracks is impossible for me. Since Floyd Bennett Field is pretty close to me I ended up going Nitro. If I were to get a new Electric 1/10 I would go for the XRAY. My current electric XRAY is the older T2.
losing ones job seems to be the norm in america these days. one of the reasons i shelved my DV lottery applications. the US economy will not get better this time, no matter how much anyone hopes.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default TC6.1 and S411

Originally Posted by red7fifty
I built a TC6.1 a couple months ago, and set it up for foam tires on carpet.
Drives very nice. (Spare parts are finally in!)
Building a S411 this week, will be back in a week or so with an update.
Both nice cars, and set up correctly, both drive great!

Each has it's own strong points:

TC6 diffs, have lighter alum outdrives and plastic gears, better case gasket, easy to build.
S411 diff have HD metal gears and steel outdrives, nicer x seal on outdrive shafts, but crappy thin O-ring case seal, and more tricky to build without leaks

TC6 has more adjustment points on steering and camber link, and steering rack has less slop, although
S411 steering works excellent, box stock

Although different, both styles of shocks work excellent.

TC6, easier to adjust track width, with the included arm mounts&shims, but
S411, arm mounts won't slip (which creates arm slop)

TC6.1 roll bars seem nicer with the alum center...but I do not use sway bars on either car.

TC6.1 cost less, and has better instructions and set up tips.
S411 is wicked fast and easy to drive (actually, both are wicked fast and awesome to drive, if set up properly)

Both, great cars to have. I have my tc6.1 set up on foam tires with 10.5 spec, and the S411 on rubber tires, 17.5 boosted.

Still wouldn't give up either car for the other.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

my tc6.1 and s411
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3 vs. TC6.1 vs. S411 - Which one and why?-tc61.jpg   XRAY T3 vs. TC6.1 vs. S411 - Which one and why?-s411-r9.jpg