Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to the hobby, forums, and car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

It looks like its got an alum top deck and a plastic tub, so should be ok for indoor tracks.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire/rim replacement

Yeppers it has aluminum top and plastic bottom. I just noticed I cracked a rim racing it today. Can anyone advise a good replacement? Not sure what size my tires are or how to measure them. Here is a picture.

Are most rims/tires about the same size? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Yep 1/10 wheels have a standard size. You wont be able to take off the tire without damaging it, so you will have to replace both the rim and tire.

A good replacement set of wheels would be the Sweep tires. They have good grip and last a long time. They are fairly cheap too. Or you can by the tires and wheels separate and choose your own style rims.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tou...l?cPath=35_957

Hope that helps a bit

Tom
Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Grimgard,

I have no experience with that car but can tell you I'm familiar with Norcal Hobbies. I'm sure in the novice class you can run that vehicle and since it's club racing, most people are a bit more leniant and not enforcing every little detail regarding ROAR specs for the cars. You do have to observe and comply with all the safety aspects but running a non ROAR body etc is fine.

I raced at Norcal last weekend and you will want to replace those wheels and tires with some slick premount tires. Norcal has a lot of traction and a smooth treated asphault surface. It's warm enough there that you will want some Sorex 36R premounts to get you going. Most of the hobby shops in the area can get these. They have a solid novice showing typically and you should definitely check out a race. They just moved onroad racing to Friday nights and one Saturday a month.

20 minutes is more than enough run time. Qualifiers and mains for TC are 5 minutes. You will have enough time between heats to repeak or cycle your NiMhs so for starting out that pack should be fine.

Do yourself a favor and try and lower that body a bit - aerodynamics wise it's looking like a Rock Crawler. Lower the body enough to where it won't touch the ground while the chassis is fully on the ground at compression. I saw where some people might have thought that thing was a 200mm width (the box looks like it shows 4 different models and their stats) but from what I can tell it's an electric RTR and not a nitro chassis which means it should be a 190mm width.

If you go to baprcc.info you will find an open club in the bay area that is based on the peninsula and many members will try and help you out. There are links to the forums on the blog site. It's a good group of people and they will be open to helping you out. Time at the track is also where you will get a lot of great information and help from other racers.

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info. HPI 1/10 tires fit my car perfectly. I got the slicks and man they are super sticky not to mention they fill my RC's wheel wells up nicely.