Wiki Posts
Search

new track layout idea's

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inxs
Track is very mild except for the 45 degree feature double. And you have the choice to make or break. Roll or blow. Offer still stands Pete.
Making a note for my files just in case I pop in on ya. Always looking to save money on registration. Thanks!

I will extend the same offer if you come down to South Florida. We race year round!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bwalton
guys, don't wear your feelings on your sleeve. We have these people at our track also. If they can't run for 15 min without flipping then it must be to hard of a layout. These people will never win a race as long as there is other cars on the track with them. Very nice layout.
P.S. That is why they make dirt oval. For people who think jumps are too hard.
I like your take ,If you are in central Oklahoma I will cover your entry fees, OklahomaNitroClub.com show up ask for John D got you covered.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by petevette
Making a note for my files just in case I pop in on ya. Always looking to save money on registration. Thanks!

I will extend the same offer if you come down to South Florida. We race year round!
Thanks, noted Love rc!!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks man, same to you if you in south lousiana.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you all have a big race post it up we support the guys that support us. Heck Ya!!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

X-games no! This is very calm smooth track from what i see in pics try revelation raceway you can ride a dirt bike on it no prob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Qku...19997&index=15

or Thunder Alley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjdcwaSL3gc
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inxs
Track is very mild except for the 45 degree feature double. And you have the choice to make or break. Roll or blow. Offer still stands Pete.
Yes, make the jumps so they have a choice.....that way all can have....FUN....and the more skilled can have a blast!
Old 12-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

I raced at Taylor park in September, just before they changed the layout, and it was a brilliant track. Wish I could get back and try the new layout as that angled double looks sweet.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)
Exclamation NEED MORE CLAY

Originally Posted by 151 RACN
I just had 132 yrds of fresh red clay droped off in my yard this week and built a 70 ft. by 60 ft border. working on the track this weekend and open for suggestions or ideas or tips. thanx
ONLY a 132 yards of clay

suggestions or ideas or tips. YOU NEED MORE CLAY

1/8 scale tracks take a lot of dirt / clay not sure you have enough to build a 1/8 scale track thats LESS THAN 15 truck loads of clay
Old 12-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Easy guys. Just making a comment that the track looks challenging. Maybe it's not
Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LOL! DId anyone look at the pictures of the race results on the link INXS posted? People look like Zombies!

Why the hell would anyone want to go to Oklahoma for anything?

That State is a wasteland.......
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

track idea ? google track pictures for previous NEO Races ? and Neo Invitational 2010 on Youtube ?

Just a thought.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ALF420
ONLY a 132 yards of clay

suggestions or ideas or tips. YOU NEED MORE CLAY

1/8 scale tracks take a lot of dirt / clay not sure you have enough to build a 1/8 scale track thats LESS THAN 15 truck loads of clay
bro... its my back yard, i have 2 1/2 acres i dont want to use my hole yard just some test and tune set up runs just finished with the cat moven dirt , looks like 70 by 60 is bigger then u think, plus its bigger then most racer have in ther back yard, wife gets to run her slash so she can get better racen... thank for the thoughts and ideas !!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We built a couple tracks over the summer to practice on, and I would suggest no big jumps. It ruins everything when you have to deal with huge air, and there is only 4 or 5 people there running. Just keep it pretty simple, and make it fun and fairly easy to run on. Remember that you probably won't have hardly anyone there to flip your cars over when you crash.

Google sketchup works pretty good to once you figure it out. You can make 3D modles of the track to scale with it, and it will give you a better idea of what your jumps will look like. It ould really help when you start building because you will have the track on paper right in front of you.

Oh yea, and rent a tamper. It will really help in the long run to keep the track nice an smooth. It's worth the 70$ rental fee, and if you don't mess around you could do a track that size in a day with it.
I would take the topsoil you pushed off with the skidsteer and mix it in with the clay also. You will be blown away with how much dirt it takes to build jumps. I never got to try that last year, but that's what we are going to do this year, to try and stretch out our dirt a little more.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hookem34
LOL! DId anyone look at the pictures of the race results on the link INXS posted? People look like Zombies!

Why the hell would anyone want to go to Oklahoma for anything?

That State is a wasteland.......
Zombies rule. Put up some cash and this Zombie will race you you for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.