Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What needs to be done to the LOSI 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sugelle
I've been involved in R/C cars off and on since the mid 1980's. Over the yrs I've had dozens of on road and offroad nitro and electric cars and trucks. EVERY r/c car on the market has its own quirks or issues. If you are not patient or willing to deal with that, then you did make the wrong choice, but not just on buying the 8T 2.0 ...You're in the wrong hobby! Use the info you read in the threads and inform yourself on how to fix the issues and you'll have a red hot truggy! Mine is on the way and I am very excited!
Well IMHO I don't there should be that much to do for a race truggy out of the box such as changing shock ball ends and screws where they came out of the factory like that. Why design the vechile like that if the screws will need changing and the shock ends? All I am asking is for someone to help me out and point me in the right direction of what I should be changing and where I can buy it from... Not telling me that if I am not not patient or willing to deal with the issues, then I am in the wrong hobby. I understand that I do need to deal with these issues that is why I am on the forums reading and TRYING to understand these things as YES I am new to this hobby and do enjoy it but need some help on what parts I should buy from an online store that can get my truggy to its full racing potential not someone who is here to criticize me basically saying that I am not putting in the effort to research my self because I am but can't go to my LHS as I do not have one near me that deals with Losi and will most likelly have no idea on what is wrong with the truggy.

And thank you to all them helpful people out there I appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
Well IMHO I don't there should be that much to do for a race truggy out of the box such as changing shock ball ends and screws where they came out of the factory like that. Why design the vechile like that if the screws will need changing and the shock ends? All I am asking is for someone to help me out and point me in the right direction of what I should be changing and where I can buy it from... Not telling me that if I am not not patient or willing to deal with the issues, then I am in the wrong hobby. I understand that I do need to deal with these issues that is why I am on the forums reading and TRYING to understand these things as YES I am new to this hobby and do enjoy it but need some help on what parts I should buy from an online store that can get my truggy to its full racing potential not someone who is here to criticize me basically saying that I am not putting in the effort to research my self because I am but can't go to my LHS as I do not have one near me that deals with Losi and will most likelly have no idea on what is wrong with the truggy.

Thanks

they just rushed production. all products even outta rc will have problems with the first ones released, no matter how much r and d gets put in a product until real people get a hold of it and use it on real situations you wont know whats wrong. it will be fixed by losi and they are even willin to send you parts them self. hell on my 2.0 buggy i broke the shock tower the first day like most people. right after the "new" 2.0 tower came out i happen to cross over on the straight and had a head on collision that bent my upgraded 1.0 tower. i called horizon about it just for s... and giggles and they are sendin me a new 2.0 tower even tho i broke the old one back in dec
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUF-VK

Thanks

Sorry if I offended you but I made those remarks not to be mean but because after your first post....you seemed all frustrated because of the minor issues that can be easily fixed. My point is, no matter what R/C car (RTR, Race Roller or kit) that you buy, you will need to make tweeks. I have yet to find any car that was 100% effective straight out of the box. Part of the enjoyment in the hobby is learning your car and wrenching on it. I do agree with you about the quality of the race roller's assembly but I'm sure Losi will make adjustments as they hear from customers. As far as parts, etc. I've had good luck with ordering Amain hobbies and Carolinas R/C. Amain you can chat on line with their staff to ask techinical questions before you order. I called around to all my LHS but none of them had the 8T 2.0 in stock so I had to order from Amain.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

OKOKOK - First of all I totally understand the flurstration. But you are in nitro RC - there are going to be lots of those moments - - -

I would suggest A-Main Hobbies - but your in a different counrty so you may be able to find some where else with cheaper shipping ? ? ? IDK

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13551

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30453

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30438

you can find everything you need here
Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My buddy just bought a 8t2.0 last weekend, I helped him go through it the only things I saw that were needed were:

Shock ends, one was broken out of the box, all were stripped out though

inner camber link screws, just need to put some longer screws that actually thread into the nylon of the locknuts

He put a Kingheadz servo saver top on it, I'm not sure if that's really needed

He also put Kingheadz rear hubs on his, again not sure if it's needed but they are really nice pieces.

He had the truck running by the afternoon, if we hadn't gotten rained out he might have raced it that day.

It feels a little stiff, but thats just the grease in the bearings and the gears that need to break in, Other than that stuff it looked pretty nice, except that ugly body
Old 05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Try RC Mushroom as I got one from them here in NewZealand and it came with a free Losi hex driver set and the buggy and there prices on the roller was awesome and freight very good to and if you ask them they put low value on docs so you dont get charged Tax...nice.
They have all the extra hopup parts to if you want to go that way.

I only have had 1x shock end come out of mine in 3x race meetings so get extra packet of those on hand as cheap to buy.

I just loosened off the factory servo saver spring and have had zero isues.

I didnt bother with longer camber screws as used a little loktight on them as they do thread into the tower before going into the nut and again they havent moved.

Never bothered with longer screws in wingmount and feels secure and again zero issues.

Had 1x outer bearing go out on rear hub and regreased all others which seem to be holding up...will get rear/front hubs modified to fit std larger bearing though and easy to do.

So really there is little to do to this truck and I have owned a lot of truggys and this one needs less doing to it than any of the others and it is soooo consistant.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default No Honda comparisions PLEASE!!!

Originally Posted by PIMP_9000
This may start some poop but I think losi it the R/c's Honda so.... ride red or race home? ha ha enjoy the losi and take it one weekend ata a time. -Darrin
Yeah....that's the whole reason while I don't drive HPI's....IMO they are the RC World's Honda. Losi, however....since being the most innovative and all and setting themselves apart from others....they are the VWs of the RC World.

Please don't compare Team Losi to a Honda....Seriously.

I just ordered my Losi 2.0T and I think it's on backorder from who my LHS deals with, but I can't wait to get it. I don't care about these little adjustments that need to be made. I actually built my one and only Rc...my T-Maxx....from scratch, with new and used parts and it's pretty bad ass, plus it was so freaking awesome doing EXACTLY what I wanted to do with it. The Biggest part of this hobby is making adjustments and needing to fix things. Your not experiencing the hobby, IMO, if you aren't working on your truck or finding it neccessary to make adjustments to adapt to your own driving style!!

Good Luck to everyone in finding what works best for them,

McIrish84VW
Old 07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Losi is taken over the R/C world which rocks. The Losi 8ight B/T is one of the best things thats happend to R/C racing and to losi it self.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does this list of things apply to the buggy as well? Shock ends, etc. and just replacing them with the shock ends from the 1.0?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Does this list of things apply to the buggy as well? Shock ends, etc. and just replacing them with the shock ends from the 1.0?
The buggy is set up nice, the only thing i had to do was put the 1.0 TRUGGY servo saver spring on it.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Semple--the shock ends are the same from 1.0 to 2.0. The problem was during assembly of the 2.0 truck. The machine that put the shock ends on the shock shaft threaded them on either too fast, or too far. This caused the plastic to strip out and they would pull out during operation. So the fix is only to put new shock ends on. Either 1.0 or 2.0 will work cause they are the same thing.