Wiki Posts
Search

Servo for Losi 8T 2.0??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
even that isn't 100%....a return band or spring is there in case the actual carb ball pop's off or your linkages fall apart and nothing more.
well most people i have talked to say the band is for servos failing, i dont have run aways anymore but i spend my money wisely on servos, i stopped getting 60 dollar servos a while ago. I just spend 120 on my 9100t tonight, my hobbico finally went last weekend, that was the first hitec i liked and lasted. i thinking of trying those high voltage servos tho, i love jr but i wont spend 200 dollars on a servo even if they are the shi-
Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Default runaways?

True!! Y did you keep having runaways?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
True!! Y did you keep having runaways?
really dont know. for about a month a had many run aways, even had one while i was sitting to be put down and quiet it jumped off my starter box and blew the motor. after this happened i bought a new radio and got hi end jr. all i use now is the 9100 series, started racing in sept and still using the same two servos in my buggy, all the runaways happened in the truggy which had the cheaper servos, used the same dx2.0 for both cars
Old 09-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Smile !

Ya i think i am going with the jr or the ace, what ever i can get at a better deal. I am going to use the 650z on the throttle though but will get the return spring
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
really dont know. for about a month a had many run aways, even had one while i was sitting to be put down and quiet it jumped off my starter box and blew the motor. after this happened i bought a new radio and got hi end jr. all i use now is the 9100 series, started racing in sept and still using the same two servos in my buggy, all the runaways happened in the truggy which had the cheaper servos, used the same dx2.0 for both cars
I had one runaway I had just broke in a new speed wc II engine and the throttle servo failed. The truck took off and luckily a corner marshel was able to get it shut down before it popped. I always run a throttle returnband they cost like 5 cents and somehow I forgot to put it back on after pulling the engine and inspecting the clutch bearings before my main. Big mistake. Iusethe return bands from gmk they comein a pack for a few bucks and have saved my engine. Few times like when the reciever battery top broke and I lost the reciever battery. The truck just rolled to a stop and nothing happened. I have raced some events that require the return band and tech the cars, if you don't have the band you are disqualifed. Bottom line is use the return band and prevent runaways.

Ohh yea BTW the 200 jr high volt servos are well worth the money.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frank L
I had one runaway I had just broke in a new speed wc II engine and the throttle servo failed. The truck took off and luckily a corner marshel was able to get it shut down before it popped. I always run a throttle returnband they cost like 5 cents and somehow I forgot to put it back on after pulling the engine and inspecting the clutch bearings before my main. Big mistake. Iusethe return bands from gmk they comein a pack for a few bucks and have saved my engine. Few times like when the reciever battery top broke and I lost the reciever battery. The truck just rolled to a stop and nothing happened. I have raced some events that require the return band and tech the cars, if you don't have the band you are disqualifed. Bottom line is use the return band and prevent runaways.

Ohh yea BTW the 200 jr high volt servos are well worth the money.

lol frank i was waiting for you to comment on that LMAO. I use reg. rubber bands, work fine but wanna try the ouch less bands girls use for there hair since they are smaller
Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Attaching bands?

Where do yu guys attach the bands to and from? I just cant see myself spending 400 bucks on a servo setup. i went out and got the 2.0truggy because a nice guy at the track handed me his decked out mbx6t to drive, and yesterday was the first time being on an offroad track I was sold!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Where do yu guys attach the bands to and from? I just cant see myself spending 400 bucks on a servo setup. i went out and got the 2.0truggy because a nice guy at the track handed me his decked out mbx6t to drive, and yesterday was the first time being on an offroad track I was sold!
you wrap it around the ball of the carb, then around the other side of the carb right below the fuel inlet
Old 09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default OK

OOOOO The guy i bought it from already has that covered, thats wut i thought it was for, geez rookie mistake haha
Old 09-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

OOOOO The guy i bought it from already has that covered, thats wut i thought it was for, geez rookie mistake haha
most guys do, just replace it often, make sure the band is straight to thats one mistake some guys do and it can put strain on the carb slide.