Wiki Posts
Search

Hi folks interested in RC onroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Hi folks interested in RC onroad

Hi people!
I currently live in Western IA and am interested in the RC car hobby. I owned a Tamiya Frog as a teenager and am interested in getting back in the hobby!
I am sure many things have changed (speeds, controllers and even nitro powered cars).
I am coming from N scale model trains and can work with small parts. I was in the HobbyTown in Omaha and I was very impressed with indoor track!!!
Any help in getting back into the hobby would be appreciated (websites, books, stores).
Thanks to all that respond.
Jeff
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drj400m
Hi people!
I currently live in Western IA and am interested in the RC car hobby. I owned a Tamiya Frog as a teenager and am interested in getting back in the hobby!
I am sure many things have changed (speeds, controllers and even nitro powered cars).
I am coming from N scale model trains and can work with small parts. I was in the HobbyTown in Omaha and I was very impressed with indoor track!!!
Any help in getting back into the hobby would be appreciated (websites, books, stores).
Thanks to all that respond.
Jeff
This website is probably one of your best resources. Another would be the local RC track. Speak with the local racers and see what they are running. Good Luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Look me up at the Track

Hi Jeff -

I race at the Hobby Plex regularly. Look me up Weds night - I should be there. My name is Todd Beardmore.

I'm kinda like you... I used to race back in the late 80's - early 90's and got out of it for about 11 years or so and just got back in about 2 years ago.

Alot has changed primarily in technology and stuff like that but the basics are still the same. ie: "don't hit anything" and you won't break... and you go faster.

Probably the cheapest way to get back into it would be to buy a 12th scale for Carpet Racing. The chassis technology is still basically the same - just now there's better batteries & motors.

I have a really nice Yokomo YRX12 "Worlds Edition" 12th scale for sale too if you're interested. Check it out here:

http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts.../YRX-12WE.html

See ya Wednesday?