Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW CEFX 1/12 Body Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rollover
Your right I did use a CC card. I guess I bought too much that day and lost track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah no luck. I had another look and its non paypal

Josh,

Any chance you could help me out?

Cheers

Andy
Old 01-13-2005, 11:59 PM

I got my body and when I first looked at it I thought I had been shipped the wrong thing but I came back here and looked at the pics that had been posted and realized that I have a lot of cutting to do.
Josh, I seem to remember someone saying something about masks, even for the headlights, where there supposed to be masks with the body?
I love the design of this body, can't wait to get it painted and on the carpet.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New EFRA list

http://www.efra.se/news/download/200...t%20130105.pdf

only one CEFX body on the list???
Old 01-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new CEFX body has been approved for use in the UK by the BRCA this weekend.
As far as I know it has not been submitted to EFRA for approval as yet.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
It looks fragile in the rear. One hit, and the wing looks like it will be ripped off. How does it work if I only mask this area to get the opend look, but let it be closed?
That was the same thing I had to think of when I first saw it!
If you don't cut out those holes it looks like it's going to block the airflow a lot.
But if you make those holes in it, (maybe) the rear end is a bit fragile.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by tfrahm
Slot cars... Ahhh the good old days...

Hmmm.... wonder if those massive side-dam "wings" I've seen on modern slot cars would work in 1/12... UGLY, but can you imagine the downforce? You could run the car on the ceiling!

(sarcasm mode off) -- I really appreciate the effort for more realistic bodies for 12th scale -- at the rate thngs were headed, this is where we would have ended up:
http://www.slick7.com/images/reno%20...ourse%20lo.jpg
Super functional, but no resemblance to "real" race cars.
Funny thing that you should wonder about side wings on a 12th.
two guys in Springfeild, MO tried it back in the late 70's. Brian Macey (was a AE sponsored driver) and Gary Wallace (partially sponsored). they did it on the 12th standard at that time the TOJ body with the RC12E variant type car. going tall like they do in 1/24th wing car slot was too much. however 1" from the front to 3" on the back was the ticket. the cars were hammered to the track. they didn't put the tail on the rear of the body like on the 1/24 winged slotcars. they stayed with the wing mounted off the tubes on the rear pod. first race the local club outlawed it. which was run by Gary Wallace
Old 01-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Josh

saw your comment about the rear wing on a 12th. with 4-cells and all of the tracks you race at being top notch and well prepared i would agree with you on the wing about not needing one. with all the ROAR races being run on well prepped tracks, i still wonder why ROAR would even care if one wanted to run one and bother to make it illegal. if it had the adverse affects you have experienced........hmmm.???

i was racing 12th mod on carpet with the latest bodies and had no problems. however when our shop pulled the carpet and put in a dirt oval. because i don't run offroad or dirt oval, i was forced to run at our local Hobbytown on asphalt track/outdoors. the asphalt is blown off but not prepped (sugar water, thinned out VHT, sugared soda water) like asphalt tracks i ran on years ago. they also run offroad races on the same day and dust travels.

all of us had problems running any mod motor due to traction problems at the rear so we went to stock but still had inconsistent handing at the rear. tried adding a gurney flap (like the 12th body that Protoform has on the Speed-12) at the rear of the body. the handling improved a little but not much. so me an another old school 12th racer decided to put wings on the rear pods like we did back in the 80's thru early 90's.

first some other drivers scoffed at it. now 4 of us are running them. with 3 others looking or waiting for the shop to get some more wing mounts in.

we do modify the body by cutting away some of the kickup on the rear of our bodies.

As for ROAR, "rule state no add-on pieces of anything to a 1/12 body." i thought the Snowbirds was a ROAR sanctioned race but looking at the photo above of Ron's car...that looks like a added touring car wing for one. i would be curious to know if he ran it stuck to the body or had it wired to the pod. i also wonder that if a body comes with a add on like the Speed-12 is it ROAR legal body?

a Nobody's 2 cents

P.S.
saw in some older posts you were possibly going to release a asphalt CEFX-12 version?

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 01-16-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Is this body still available?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Here you go:
KT Hobbies
CEFX
Old 07-27-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default P-LMP 900 in CANADA

Hi!

Would someone know where I could find that P-LMP 900 in CANADA ?

Cheers !

MATTS