Community
Wiki Posts
Search

thought id better introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thought id better introduce myself

Hi guys im new to the froums but not new to the r/c game, currently running an rs4 evo all stock apart from a fuel filter, bigger air filter, failsafe and running on foams. I live in the uk and my local track is halifax www.halifaxtrack.co.uk, looking at getting into racing in the near future but looking to get a better car first and use the evo for a bit of car park bashing.
So anyone in halifax who fancies meeting up sometime pm or email me.

Gaz
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

HOWZ IT GOING good cars to think about are the G4S and the mugen mtx4
Old 10-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Welcome to the forum. I just purchases a MTX-4 myself. Great car to consider. Quality is out of this world and once its dialed in it hold the track like glue.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey kitemadgoth, i also race there
my names matthew, see you around on the weekends
Old 10-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitemadgoth
Hi guys im new to the froums but not new to the r/c game, currently running an rs4 evo all stock apart from a fuel filter, bigger air filter, failsafe and running on foams. I live in the uk and my local track is halifax www.halifaxtrack.co.uk, looking at getting into racing in the near future but looking to get a better car first and use the evo for a bit of car park bashing.

Gaz
Kyosho RRR....great car....aslo try to see what kind of support your will be getting at your local track that might help with your decision....
Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kitemadgoth

Gaz
welcome to the forums....I raced at the halifax track during the HPI worlds in 2004....I thoroughly enjoyed the track,the fine people of England,the great fish and chips,the pub crawls,and even the showers(rain)......if you're gonna run the evo on foams,see if you can locate the Hot Bodies graphite shock towers that were designed for foams on that car....
Old 10-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default rrr

welcome aboard if you plan on racing soon i would also suggest the kyoshow ive had several cars but this was by far the easiest to get up & running with really no headache besides my own undoing this car is also very durable & parts are affordable unlike some like ROBERT SAID check parts availability thats just my 2 cents good luck mate
Old 10-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

for local support, thers a model shop 1 minute drive away that is a distributor for serpent cars (elite racing).
Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you are in the States, try to scratch the G4S off the list, parts support is possibly gonna go sour in a few months
Old 10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I live in the uk and my local track is halifax www.halifaxtrack.co.uk

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
if you are in the States, try to scratch the G4S off the list, parts support is possibly gonna go sour in a few months

huh?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

rcrevolution. dont put the car down just yet . wait to see, as race days will still have the great support from TM. and by the way he doesnt live in the states, he stated that the 2nd sentence. just an easy cheap shot at TM by the looks of it. Kitemadgoth, the G4S is a great car and im sure it will have great support in the UK, there are so many cars too choose from , and due to the expense of them , a wise choice is needed for you to be happy with your purchase.