Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated T5M Discussion >

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't everyone on rctech reciting the obituary of the Stadium truck about 4 or 5 years ago? Don't get me wrong I love stadium trucks, but does anyone even have a regular stadium truck class run anymore?

Like I said...don't shoot the messagener...I pretty much got my rear end chewed off about 4 years ago for stating my opinion that the SCT, and in particular the Slash, would be responsible for the downfall of rc racing.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrianTx01
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't everyone on rctech reciting the obituary of the Stadium truck about 4 or 5 years ago? Don't get me wrong I love stadium trucks, but does anyone even have a regular stadium truck class run anymore?

Like I said...don't shoot the messagener...I pretty much got my rear end chewed off about 4 years ago for stating my opinion that the SCT, and in particular the Slash, would be responsible for the downfall of rc racing.
We run 2 heats of Stadium truck on Wednesday nights...

It is by far the fastest growing class locally. There have been nights where short course trucks had to run with Stadium trucks because there weren't enough SCTs to fill a class

Stadium Truck is back in a big way
Old 01-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We have 3-4 heats of stadium truck every race during the winter, and typically 2-3 heats outdoors during the summer, yet we barely get a B main in SCT during the winter and there were several times over the summer with less than a full A main of 2wd SCT.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 PM
mes
Tech Elite

When SCT took off in our region, things did not look too bright for ST in our region, too. In early 2013 we almost considered giving up on ST in our series, but in 2014 the class experienced a surge. Everyone who thinks these beasts are ugly as f***, should give one a try, these trucks are just so nice to drive.

As much as I have come to despise SCT racing (mainly due to the demolition derby drivers), I did enjoy it for a while until I switched back to buggy in 2012, and I even enjoyed it again in December when racing on carpet with a couple of well-behaved dudes. SCTs have brougt many new people into the hobby and are part of the success of electric off-road in the last few years rather than responsible for the downfall of RC racing. I smile with every comment bashing on SCT as a racing class, but these Shoe Cartons actually were good for our hobby. These trucks are not useless at all: I recycled my son's SC10, and now it features e.g. a shorter chassis, a Finnisher body and some proper wheels.
Recycling process: SCT -> S(C)T -> ST
Old 01-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

These things go in cycles. People can't stick with one class collectively for extended amounts of time.

I think it's dawning on people that stadium is a great class. The sweet spot for setups is pretty broad. It makes for a nice 2nd class on the club level.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:08 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

ST is what i ran when i was a kid. lots of fun. i recently got back into the hobby after about a 15 year hiatus and it was a SCT that got me started again, it is more of a bash/race. so i switched to buggy with a B5M and will be getting a D413 soon. I look forward to running ST when this thing drops as it is nostalgic to my early racing days.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Is the T5M going to be metric?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Schmelzer
Is the T5M going to be metric?
Probably safe to assume so since it only has only a handful different parts than the buggy.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mes
When SCT took off in our region, things did not look too bright for ST in our region, too. In early 2013 we almost considered giving up on ST in our series, but in 2014 the class experienced a surge. Everyone who thinks these beasts are ugly as f***, should give one a try, these trucks are just so nice to drive.

As much as I have come to despise SCT racing (mainly due to the demolition derby drivers), I did enjoy it for a while until I switched back to buggy in 2012, and I even enjoyed it again in December when racing on carpet with a couple of well-behaved dudes. SCTs have brougt many new people into the hobby and are part of the success of electric off-road in the last few years rather than responsible for the downfall of RC racing. I smile with every comment bashing on SCT as a racing class, but these Shoe Cartons actually were good for our hobby. These trucks are not useless at all: I recycled my son's SC10, and now it features e.g. a shorter chassis, a Finnisher body and some proper wheels.
Recycling process: SCT -> S(C)T -> ST
Ha ha so true. I chose SCT because ST looks stupid. Then I made the mistake of taking the controls of a t4.2 and that week I was shopping for an ST of my own.

Huge resurgence here as well.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will never understand how SCT became more popular then ST.

Glad stadium truck is coming back in 2015
Old 01-10-2015, 02:24 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack302
I will never understand how SCT became more popular then ST.

Glad stadium truck is coming back in 2015
In the beginning SCTs were quite realistic, that's why I bought the first SC10 and finished the body with Castrol Racing paintjob. When the first performance-oriented aftermarket bodies and paintjobs appeared, competition SCTs started to look like the oversized off-road touring cars they are today, i.e. aerodynamic form-follows-function models. My last SCT body was the FTW Diamondback, which got a racing-style airbrush paintjob. I just thought It would not make any sense to pretent this shell looks anything like a real truck.
Many RTRs still resemble real trucks and will continue to draw new people into the hobby. Once they want to drive something else, they'll be more than happy that ST has been revived as directly switching to buggy might be too hard for many.

I can't wait to get my hands on a T5M, I am sure it will make up for all the trouble I had with my first edition SC10.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

no gull wing front arms on the t5m? interesting
Old 01-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

As a kid growing up only running ST and then eventually switching to buggy, I'm a huge fan.

However, I just got into SCT, so that's still cool and new to me.

I wouldn't mind running ST, but we're our own worst enemy here...We need 1 truck class, not 4.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mel_russ615
no gull wing front arms on the t5m? interesting
All B5M drivers I talked to prefer the flat arms, and many also prefer the standard T4/T4.1 arms over the gull wing arms. With a 17.5 the gull wing arms worked pretty well for me in the SC10(B), but maybe the flat ones are smoother when running faster motors. I installed the flat arms in the T4 for running on carpet next week, mostly because of the shock mounting options that the "old" shock tower provides.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mes;13773225]All B5M drivers I talked to prefer the flat arms,/QUOTE]

It just matters the track conditions. I had never ran my two month old B5m with the gullwing front arms. One of the tracks I frequent, the car was good, but was lacking some initial turn in, and some on power steering. Put the gullwings with tower on for the first time, the car was absolutely perfect. I then left them on for our outdoor track, and they were much too aggressive for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.