Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Locally we now allow the Hobbywing Quicrun like Nexxus mentioned. Seems to take care of the issue, plus we already have a bunch of them around from the Legends and BUSCH oval classes.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni
From what we've seen, it's the BEC. One of my buddies went through 3 ESCs at the Snowbirds this year. I don't think the BEC in the stock ESC can handle some of the newer servos that draw a lot of current.
I wonder what TCS has to say about using a seperate BEC. We've run into that issue with the HobbyKing ESCs. They came with 1 amp BECs and SAVOX servos, tend to cause brownouts, or complete dropouts.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The quicrun esc has a 2a BEC, and mine has been fine with a high torque servo and my light and sound units. The stock TBLE-02S esc was failing far too regularly (even without lights etc) so the cost of the Quicrun esc (which also has a true lipo cut off) was better than trying to replace the stock esc, is essentially bulletproof and can handle a bit of water if we do venture onto a damp track. We also proved that there was no performance difference in top speed etc by changing to that esc, so it was an easy decision.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tble02s

Originally Posted by nexxus
The quicrun esc has a 2a BEC, and mine has been fine with a high torque servo and my light and sound units. The stock TBLE-02S esc was failing far too regularly (even without lights etc) so the cost of the Quicrun esc (which also has a true lipo cut off) was better than trying to replace the stock esc, is essentially bulletproof and can handle a bit of water if we do venture onto a damp track. We also proved that there was no performance difference in top speed etc by changing to that esc, so it was an easy decision.
It's true, the tble02s seems to shutdown or thermal really easily when running brushed motors, even silver cans. What's weird is that the tble02s runs brushless motors just fine... In Singapore, we run Tamiya 15.5t tblm motors for the truck class... The tble02s, handles that just fine, with no thermals or shutdowns (even without an esc fan)
Old 07-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)

Got to run run mine for the first time on road Friday night, What a blast, box stock no mods aloud, no grease on the shocks, no weights, just a whole lot of fun. I gotta say if you're a must win at all cost DON"T BUY ONE!!!!!!! this is just for fun and laughs. the most enjoyable class of the evening again the other classes are all about set up and who can send the most money. RC racing has become a rich man sport with
$200.00 17.5 motors, battery chargers, battery dischargers, all the lightened parts. I can't hardly complete in stock buggy any more, there are guys with more money in their stock buggy and stadium truck than in my real car it's out of hand in my opinion if this turns into who can spend the most money or cheat around the rules class I just might give up on the whole RC hobby!!!
MD and JCarr like this.

Last edited by joelm; 07-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joelm
Got to run run mine for the first time on road Friday night, What a blast, box stock no mods aloud, no grease on the shocks, no weights, just a whole lot of fun. I gotta say if you're a must win at all cost DON"T BUY ONE!!!!!!! this is just for run and laughs. the most enjoyable class of the evening again the other classes are all about set up and who can send the most money. RC racing has become a rich man sport with
$200.00 17.5 motors, battery chargers, battery dischargers, all the lightened parts. I can't hardly complete in stock buggy any more, there are guys with more money in their stock buggy and stadium truck than in my real car it's out of hand in my opinion if this turns into who can spend the most money or cheat around the rules class I just might give up on the whole RC hobby!!!
well said. That was the point I was try to make with my posts. Thanks for summing it up. Fun first win second class glad to hear someone's still having a blast with them the way they were intended to be run
JCarr likes this.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Just finished my kit and wanted to know do I have to get foams for the tires and is gluing the side walls for black carpet legal. I tried finding it but only found that gluing sidewalls was a no no has that changed
Old 09-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scionara05
Just finished my kit and wanted to know do I have to get foams for the tires and is gluing the side walls for black carpet legal. I tried finding it but only found that gluing sidewalls was a no no has that changed
No foams allowed, Glue the whole side wall to start (two coats) Some people even glue the first ridge / tread line on top of the tire too. I have the outers glued right to the top personally and it works great. Make sure your front diff isn't too tight.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Just use a good few daps of the Tamiya AW grease on the diff gears
Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Local HobbyTown has had for fun racing on Sunday for about 5 years. Mostly been 1/18. Few recently decided to go Euro trucks a try. Look pretty good on the 1/2 sized layout. I did get to do some laps. Better then I had expected. And will consider it in future

92 vert and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Is the new body style going to be legal to run in the class? I mean it is in real life so they should honor it but i feel it is an advantage.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tc4junk
Is the new body style going to be legal to run in the class? I mean it is in real life so they should honor it but i feel it is an advantage.

I hope so. Of course it was announced day after I bought mine
Old 10-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelm
Got to run run mine for the first time on road Friday night, What a blast, box stock no mods aloud, no grease on the shocks, no weights, just a whole lot of fun. I gotta say if you're a must win at all cost DON"T BUY ONE!!!!!!! this is just for fun and laughs. the most enjoyable class of the evening again the other classes are all about set up and who can send the most money. RC racing has become a rich man sport with
This somehow reminds me of Bolink legend, it was fun and funny yet inexpensive. People didn't go all nuts on trying to modify or cheat.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Old 10-18-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

That body looks much more durable too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.