Someone convince me... Tekin or LRP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Someone convince me... Tekin or LRP

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

I've had good results from Tekins in the past so I almost went with Tekin again. A couple of things stopped me from going with the Tekin this time though. One was the fact that you pretty much need the Hotwire which adds to the overall cost. Secondly, I kept hearing how fast the RS was with the old software, but I did not see that at the track. I can't help but feel that Tekin is playing catch up and I did not want to wait for software updates to keep up with other speedos.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

C'mon Orbital, you know that if the team is done testing with the software that all ANYONE needs to do is email me for the software so they can be updated on the new feature(s)...

You know my motto: But Tekin or Buy twice.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HI_808
I've had good results from Tekins in the past so I almost went with Tekin again. A couple of things stopped me from going with the Tekin this time though. One was the fact that you pretty much need the Hotwire which adds to the overall cost. Secondly, I kept hearing how fast the RS was with the old software, but I did not see that at the track. I can't help but feel that Tekin is playing catch up and I did not want to wait for software updates to keep up with other speedos.
It's not playing catch up at the moment. It's faster at the moment.
LRP needs a new speedo to keep up.

I see it on the track and I feel it my self.
Last Sunday at the national championship 2 other drivers did see it also and are changing now to Tekin. One of them drove the last final with a Tekin and he was impressed with the power he hath.
Last month a SPX driver bought a Tekin. He now only drives Tekin because he is faster with it and not a bit faster.

Tekin is not playing catch up any more. They were on the big tracks behind but now they are the fastest speedo on all the tracks.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Speedpassion (usa at least) has excellent customer service, I would send it in and see what they say before buying something new.
+1
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There is simply no question that the Tekin is the best Speedo on the market.
And with the way it works and the way you can update it should stay like that for a long time to come.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I bought the Tekin because I like running nitro TC. Seriously, being able to tune the boost is so very similar to setting up the two-speed on a nitro car. What an invaluable tuning aid!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

They should have more tekin stuff on in the future. you can email them and find out. I think they are sick of my emails. They still wont give me stickers
Attached Thumbnails Someone convince me... Tekin or LRP-2009-rctvlive-award-banner.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
C'mon Orbital, you know that if the team is done testing with the software that all ANYONE needs to do is email me for the software so they can be updated on the new feature(s)...

You know my motto: But Tekin or Buy twice.
The problem is the team tests it for a long time and they all have it when everyone else doesn't. Can I join the team so I can test??
Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
KO PROPO!!!!!

Alex
+1

Great speedie, and fast.

KO VFS-1.5 check it out
Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

have any of you done a comparison for modified racing? or are all these in reference to stock racing? just wanna know if its also the esc to have for mod.

by the way, whats the difference between the rs and the rs pro?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Tekin is dialed if you don't care what the first 50% of the throttle band feels like. The SPX just works.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Open applications towards the end of the year as always...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
+1

Great speedie, and fast.

KO VFS-1.5 check it out

Faster than my tekin was...

If I had to choose between LRP and Tekin I'g go Tekin 100% for 1 reason and 1 reason only, RANDY PIKE, extremely great guy that knows what customer support is all about.... LRP's customer service is slow and sucky...

Alex
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

I think that both speed controllers have something to offer to you, and you probably will be happy with either. I personally have and would recommend the Tekin line to you over the SPX. The overall value that I get in free updates and the community of support to keep up with the latest racing trends versus the potential purchase of a new speed controller to keep up with those trends, means more money that I can use to purchase other products or more races that I can attend. I doubt that I need all the adjustments that are available, but it is nice to know that they are there if and when I need them.

If you consider the direction that Speed Controller adjustments are going you will find that Castle Creations/Speed Passion/GM/KO/Tekin/Losi all offer some form of external configuration w/ updates via a hardware/PC Interface. Novak/LRP and possibly the Orion line are the ones that I have seen that do not offer some form of adjustment beyond the on board settings. I could be wrong about the Orion as I think it is similar to other lines of controllers that are available, however I have not personally seen it. To me this means that you will be back here asking about purchasing a new controller when the system you have now doesn't cut the mustard and need the next best thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Tekin. Mikey Bustamante and Myself were the only guys running Tekin when i started racing On Road 3 months ago. Now, there are 10 people running them.

I Finally picked up a hotwire, but i had the fastest car until this past week when guys started getting the Epic Duo 2 17.5 with the SXX TC. Your talking 400 bucks for a motor and ESC to catch the Stock v180 RS Pro and Redline 17.5. With the hotwire to update the firmware, i will be able to pull them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.