1/10 4wd Buggy options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

XX-4....... Try it you love it!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Yes the X-5 is a conversion kit for the Losi XX-4 and XXX-4. It essentially makes a buggy that is a hybrid of the two buggies. The cheapest way to get one is to find a used xx-4 and buy the conversion for it. They use to sell a complete kit when the XX-4 was available a year or two ago. Check out www.4wdrc.com for more details.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run a BJ4WE myself (bought it before the B44 was out). I would highly recommend the B44. The B44 is BJ4WE's twin brother but at almost $200 less...

My LHS and probably over 80% of R/C car hobby shops carry AE parts... The B44 is an awesome vehicle, since 99% of the design was influenced by the BJ4WE.

What is this Serpent that I'm seeing? Is this the new Durango? I always wondered what happened to them...

The Cyclone D4 is also a pretty solid car, before its release, I used to call it "BJ4WE - Version: Metric"

I would definitely consider the Factory Team B44, it's an AE (so you know it's capable of competition) and it's dirt cheap compared to other cars in its class (501x, D4, etc...)

If you really want a fancy version of the B44, go for the BJ4WE. It's an awesome vehicle, I wouldn't trade it for any other 4WDs out there... If I was to buy one now, I'd go for the B44 since I nicknamed it "BJ4WE - Version: Mass Production"
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes, the Serpent is the Durango. Gerd Strenge works for Serpent now and has basically sold the car and his services to them. He's also heavily involved in their 1/8 project as well. I think in a year from now Serpent will be a major player in off-road.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I would highly recommend you look at what your local hobby shop stocks parts for. Yes, we can all order parts on-line but murphy's law says you will break the 1 part you don't have a spare for on race day. With any luck if you have bought a car the local shops stock parts for either they will have it or because other racers had the same train of thought they will have one for you.

All of the cars mentioned are very competitive in the right hands. I see a lot of drivers (myself included, I'm working on it) overdriving their 4wd cars. The car will feel way fast but the lap times are usually way slow. At least compared to the guys who really are fast and are constantly in the top 3.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tom_chang79;4641202]If you really want a fancy version of the B44, go for the BJ4WE. QUOTE]

I guess "fancy" means out-of-date. You know....fragile front arms, hubs, and carriers, a slipper that must be ripped out of the car to be adjusted......fancy.

B44 all day.