Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any decent 190mm shells?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This may be an odd choice but believe it or not the station wagon bod handles great. So does the sedan.

http://www.factoryworks.com/
Old 11-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had one of those Integras... I had it painted and decaled like the one I owned at the time... it was the only decent USDM Integra available.... the one from HPI was based on the Japan Integra
Old 11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JR007
Kevin Frewer races at our club. He's still around doing his thing. Not particularly internet savvy though I think!
He recenty made some MEAN V8 Supercar bodies for a full-scale race at our adjoining track (Ruapuna). Not sure if he is putting them into production, or if it was a one-off.
Any pics?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
... There are a few companies around in Australia/New Zealand that make Falcons/Commodores in 190mm (as in the V8 Supercar championship, not sure if allowed by IFMAR as they reuqest the cars be replica of cars used in FIA sanctioned competitions).
Just as a side note - it was announced in the last week or so that V8Supercars is now an FIA sanctioned series.. apparently it needs to be as the organisers want to run at 4 international circuits...
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Don't have any pics off-hand. I'll ask around the club to see if anyone else has some
Old 11-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You'd think that someone would make some BMW or Audi bodies. I think an Audi S6 or BMW M5 or M3 4dr or Mercedes C or E-class bodies would be awesome!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
You'd think that someone would make some BMW or Audi bodies. I think an Audi S6 or BMW M5 or M3 4dr or Mercedes C or E-class bodies would be awesome!
There's a couple of m3 and even a z4 shells getting around. I saw them on rcmart.

Well I've decided to get a BMW m3 gt2 shell seeing as there are very few, if any, interesting shells that are readily available and IFMAR legal.

I think it's a real shame that some guy somewhere has decided that we all have to race cars that he likes and not what everybody likes. It takes away from the fantasy of the whole thing. I race rc cars because I cannot afford to risk crashing my real car(or to buy a 1970 chevy chevelle), so this is the only way I can race without winning the lottery and I assume that is the same with the majority here. Wouldn't we all be racing the cars we love in real life? And I'm pretty sure all your fantasy cars aren't FIA cars...
Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Initiate

And the IFMAR legal protoform bodies are only just barely replicas, in not even sure of what cars they are based on until I read the descriptions... They have better aerodynamics than the high-end Le Mans race cars. I understand the reasoning behind rules so that the races are fair and even, but how does a mustang, with as much aerodynamics as a brick, count as being unfair?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Regional Moderator

HPI makes several 1900mm bodies, but only a couple are sedans. The do make an M3 sedan body.

http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/

M3
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7302/

Lexus GS400
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7048/
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Just as a side note - it was announced in the last week or so that V8Supercars is now an FIA sanctioned series.. apparently it needs to be as the organisers want to run at 4 international circuits...
Oh, thank you. Good thing then. Perhaps some of the bodyshells will be submitted for a pproval then.

Originally Posted by akura2
I like this one... too bad you can't just get the body

You can get that bodyshell (alone) here in Australia as well as other V8 supercars' championship cars (Ford and Commodore of various vintage/specs). Not sure who makes them, but I think Frewer themselves use to make some (perhaps they still make them, I don't know).
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by niznai
Oh, thank you. Good thing then. Perhaps some of the bodyshells will be submitted for a pproval then.

You can get that bodyshell (alone) here in Australia as well as other V8 supercars' championship cars (Ford and Commodore of various vintage/specs). Not sure who makes them, but I think Frewer themselves use to make some (perhaps they still make them, I don't know).

Eureka and frewer do make a few commodores and v8 supercars. Pretty nice but all 200mm. There's also a HQ Monaro from eureka, I love it and would buy it, but it is also 200mm. Sigh...
Old 12-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default photo

Heres one, Holden Commodore
Attached Thumbnails Any decent 190mm shells?-imgp1618.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ATC

This is a Aussie Touring Car from a few years ago. Anyone over 50 would recall it. Will soon be buying a notchback to do the same but.
The BEST driver in Australia including Mr 05
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Any decent 190mm shells?-imgp2815.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
This is a Aussie Touring Car from a few years ago. Anyone over 50 would recall it. Will soon be buying a notchback to do the same but.
The BEST driver in Australia including Mr 05
Bob
Are they 190mm tho? I have a fastback mustang too but it's not IFMAR legal...
Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default sorry

I am so sorry, I thought you wanted to look at them, not race them. If you want to race, get a Mazda 6 and paint it up like an Aussie Supercar, no one will know the difference. If not, race whatever and dont take points or trophys, easy.
Peace Bro