Wiki Posts
Search

RC Lab 7even 6.0 in the USA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow RC Lab 7even 6.0 in the USA!

Hello everyone!

I drive the RC Lab 7even 6.0 and have learned quite a bit about it. I see Chrisman KNOWS HIS STUFF! You da man. I'm in the USA if anyone needs help here too.

You can check out the car at their official site: www.rclab.com/rclab.html
or you can check out the USA Importer site: www.rclabusa.com
or you can get in touch with who I buy from down here: www.MdiRacing.com

Hope I can help you out!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC-Lab - UK/Europe

And in the UK and European members, for comprehensive and detailed information on all aspects of the the RC-Lab racing chassis kits, see the UK distributors:

http://www.rclab.co.uk
http://www.modeltech.co.uk

And for additional support resourses:

http://www.rcracenews.co.uk

Regards - Mike
Modeltech/RC-Lab UK
Old 09-12-2001, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

www.speedtechrc.com also sells them...
Old 09-12-2001, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default USA dealers

I know speedtech sells them. I don't know that much about speedtech though. I do however, know that mdiracing uses that car as their dealer team chassis exclusively. They are devoted to that car as their primary focus. He's got a lot of info on it right there and has given me links to the UK stuff too. The UK guys got the car first and I believe help develop the car too - THANKS MODELTECH! I run the carbon wheels on my 7even which I know modeltech also has in the UK. They RULE and I won't switch back to another wheel. I got the wheels from mdi racing too and now they keep them in stock but get them from RC1 (exclusive USA distribution).

check out http://www.rcracenews.co.uk/articles/rclab.html for a complete review on the car in the UK. It's popularity is really growing there too.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Where is Loxahatchee? somewhere down south im guessing?
Old 09-12-2001, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

loxahatchee is due west of west palm beach...near south east corner of lake okeechobee
Old 09-12-2001, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if anyone local wants to see the RC Labs car in action the guys from mdiracing are usually running wednesday and sunday nights at the gateway/I-95 amtrack station parking lot track. it's a lot of fun and all types of drivers/cars show up
Old 09-13-2001, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

If any RC Lab owners want their cvd's turned into "blade-type", mdi will do it for you for the cost of expenses - no labor charge...cool
Old 09-13-2001, 09:13 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Explain to me the benefits?

I am waiting to get my Seven Even in the mail. Why does one want to change over to the blade type conversion? I see that the outdrives get cut, where do the other parts come from?

What would the total cost be roughly? (Including new parts, conversion, shipping etc.)

Cmotif <><
Old 09-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Cmotif - mdi is dedicated to the 7even car and they want rc lab owners to know it. that's the car they run as their team cars. Anyway, the blades are actually XRay blades -only because they fit exactly on the 7even pins- and they cost only $2.50 for a set of the 4 plastic/nylon blades. Other than that, there is no other parts needed. the washers/bushings are actually made from stripped wire insulation or antenna tubing or something like that.

The lightweight aluminum diffs are great but tend to wear the outdrives quickly if you just run the stock cvd dogbones. This is mainly a problem if you run the diff up front as well instead of the one-way. The rears are lightweight alum. as stock but since you aren't steering the rear wheels, they don't wear as quickly...but still do wear. You should do the change. You would need to ship your cvd's and diff(s) to mdi or just order some of the XRay blades and do the work on your own if you like. Give them an email from the site www.mdiracing.com and they'll give you a real price I'm sure. They are a serpent dealer too so I'm sure you can get the blades and/or instructions from them.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Arrow

Any new rc lab owners out there? Have any questions? The directions don't show the turnbuckles assembled to scale. I have a sheet that is to scale if anyone needs one sent to them...not all americans are used to the metric system in measurement!
Old 09-15-2001, 05:22 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If one uses a lube like White Lightning or Pedro's Ice (which are high performance dry lubricants for bike chains) on the outdrives, that should cut down on the wear right? I am still waiting to get my car, and I'm not ready to convert something before I run it once in stock form. I will keep the conversion in mind as I watch the wear. It does look like a cool conversion though.

I just got toe-in and Camber guages. What will the car like in toe-in and camber?

Cmotif <><
Old 09-15-2001, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

yes, that's the recommended grease to use. yes, it will reduce wear for sure. The real problem is if you run a diff up front instead of the one-way. When you combine steering and suspension and rotation and a lightweight aluminium diff - you get excessive wear kind of quickly
Old 09-15-2001, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I would honestly set up the car as it's recommended first with the stock settings. I found it to work just fine w/all the standard settings...but I'm sure you will want to change them from there as you would for different types of driving/tracks. Also...I'm running the RD Logics SL solid tyres. The settings for those tires is way different than say...a TakeOff CS-32/37 type of tyre. I am going to be trying all kinds of set-ups and taking good notes w/ a HUDY set-up system and then post them all and my results. Good luck. If you don't have a mm measurement device I have a .eps file that has the stock lengths in scale 1:1 for when you're building the car.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

man 7EVEN, youre everywhere!

why would there need to be a change to the blade?
and considerable differences?
let me know so i can tell les before he ships mine off!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.