Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Noizee
G'day Buddy, you seem to be the Cheif of this Thread, I thought I saw a Copy of the Parts List Changes for the RRR to RRR EVO, any ideas where to find this.
I'm not the Chief.

I haven't seen such a list yet, but I plan on posting one on my Web site as soon as I get my hands on a copy of the RRR EVO instructions and have time to compare with RRR and WCE.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hmmmm...

This is the VZW010;
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/popup_...D=6548&picID=1 Why are you using the 2mm spacer? Is it because the wheel shaft hole for the hexes are too far out? That might be your problem. If you unscrew pivot balls 2mm do you see any threads? What happens when you put the stock hexes back on the car? Do you still need the 2mm spacer?
if i take the 2mm spacer out of the rear then i have to shim the axle from the inside of the hub. il have to shim it 2mm to pull the pin hole coser towards the car otherwise if i don't shim it up and take the spacer out then the axle will be 'floating' in the hub.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by performula
How are you judging track width? With Enneti tires (exact versions of the Power Tyres for the RRR) I got the car to about 199 front, lol, 198 rear.

Pull the spacer out of the rear hubs. Did these spacers come with your car? I didn't get them in my WCE.
the spacer was already there and mine is not a wce.
when i use 0 offset front tyres i can get the front to 198mm but on the rear i put GQ 0 offset and it is 201mm.
on the front, i can only get 198 with zero offset tyres if i screw the pivot balls in all the way without any thread showing.

i got the stock rear dogbones and front kfactory uni's. is vzw010 2mm offset ??
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

On a WCE, the VZW010 is considered a zero offset.

I'm a little confused here, so please bare with me. Don't you want the front to be 200mm? Why are you screwing in the pivot balls to 198mm? Don't you want to screw them out to 200mm?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Below is a picture of how my racing day ended today. Just a minute before the 2nd B Main after warm up laps.

Not quite sure how it happened. My best guess by looking at it now, is that the engine must have shifted when I ran over one of the road rails just before the start of the race. Not only did I not have a spare set, there just isn't enough time to change them before the 3rd and final main. Bummers!
Hi rmdhawaii..
Next time before you install the engine be sure to install side chassis stiffness first.. its make adjusting gearmess a lot easier.. I hope this help..
Old 05-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spyspeed
Hi rmdhawaii..
Next time before you install the engine be sure to install side chassis stiffness first.. its make adjusting gearmess a lot easier.. I hope this help..
Understood. That's an excellent tip. Thanks!

With the exception of some tuning issue, things ran okay today. I didn't have to take the engine out at all. I had gone through about 10 tanks before the gears stripped. I still need to work on that post turn marshalling checklist and checking the gear mesh is definitely one of the things I need to add.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

On a WCE, the VZW010 is considered a zero offset.

I'm a little confused here, so please bare with me. Don't you want the front to be 200mm? Why are you screwing in the pivot balls to 198mm? Don't you want to screw them out to 200mm?
well i just want some adjustability so that i can go from 198 to 202 so that i can play with the setting but yes you are correct i do want it to be 200.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
well i just want some adjustability so that i can go from 198 to 202 so that i can play with the setting but yes you are correct i do want it to be 200.
In the attached photo, you'll see two dimensions for the rear hub - 4.2mm and 4.5mm. These are the same for the RRR and the WCE. What are your measurements? Also, what is your rear camber setting?

BTW: It's 1:25AM here now. I'm sorry, but I'll have to resume this discussion some time tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-step22.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Must be my lucky day.

Yes, I am using the standard pinions. Maybe something got lodged in between the gears and just ate them up. A few of the 2nd gear teeth are nicked (see attached picture) and quite a number of the 1st gear teeth have smaller nicks (not shown in picture, it's mostly the other side).

I didn't realize that my gears were stripped - just that my car wasn't moving. I tried revving the engine a few times, but nothing was happening. I heard an engine with a high-pitched whine, but didn't realize it was mine until the race directory said, "Rainer, that's not going to help you." Someone pulled the car off of the track and stopped the engine for me.
OMG !!!! How do you do that !!??!!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:05 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
the spacer was already there and mine is not a wce.
when i use 0 offset front tyres i can get the front to 198mm but on the rear i put GQ 0 offset and it is 201mm.
on the front, i can only get 198 with zero offset tyres if i screw the pivot balls in all the way without any thread showing.

i got the stock rear dogbones and front kfactory uni's. is vzw010 2mm offset ??
It's difficult to diagnose the problem from where I sit but here goes; since you are not using universals I think you need to change the rear axles to ones that do not require the 2mm spacers. This, by the way, is the opposite of what I am doing to allow me to use 0 offset rear tires. Assuming that all other components are the same, this would be like using an axle similar in dimension to the stock axle portion of the universal for the WCE. Does this make any sense?

How much space do you have between the inside of the rear tire and the top of the bearing block? If there is quite a bit then my suggestion would probably work.

If I'm not mistaken, the VZW010 does not have any offset to it.

Can you post a few pictures? That might help.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:19 AM
jag
Tech Master

Below is a picture of how my racing day ended today. Just a minute before the 2nd B Main after warm up laps.

Not quite sure how it happened. My best guess by looking at it now, is that the engine must have shifted when I ran over one of the road rails just before the start of the race. Not only did I not have a spare set, there just isn't enough time to change them before the 3rd and final main. Bummers!
I hear you. I had a similar weekend. Out of a possible 30 minutes of racing I competed in just 5 of them. My problem was engine related. I missed all 3 qualifiers trying to tune an engine that would not tune. So I put in an engine I knew ran well just in time for the main and 5 minutes in I was doing fine until I tangled with another car and then my car would not run. I could not figure out what happened until Robert made me try another pipe and it ran perfectly.

As for your misfortune, if you hit the rail that could cause the strip either from flexing the chassis, a sudden stop of the tires or gears or shifting the engine.

Better luck next time.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag
I hear you. I had a similar weekend. Out of a possible 30 minutes of racing I competed in just 5 of them. My problem was engine related.
Jag...I told you to get my motor Where did you run? I thought Robert wasn't racing for awhile. How's Shorts doing with the motor?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I broke my side belt this weekend and need a replacement. Do you guys recommend the Kyosho belts, or any other types of belts?? If so, where can I purcahse it???
Old 05-08-2006, 07:04 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustRace
Jag...I told you to get my motor Where did you run? I thought Robert wasn't racing for awhile. How's Shorts doing with the motor?
I was experimenting with a junk motor. I didn't want to put miles on my good motors. We raced up here in Royal Palm. I talked Robert into coming up for the race. Shorts is doing fine.

Are you going to the Region 4 race? I need a roomy.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Has any tried the Evolva rear shocks on the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.