Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Thanks, What up Niko, thanks again for the C02 wc got it done at a place here in Hayward CA. (Electro plating Specialties)...... run you around $65 just wanted to b a little different cause I race with 6 or so guys that have the Capricorn
Your welcome my friend :-)...

Thanks for the info, think I'll do the same ...

I can see you need a radio bracket and radio box ...

I'm making some carbon radio brackets which will go with the Mugen MTX5 radio box... I'll post a picture when I have time. Then you can see if it's something for you :-)))...

Br,

Niko
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Your welcome my friend :-)...

Thanks for the info, think I'll do the same ...

I can see you need a radio bracket and radio box ...

I'm making some carbon radio brackets which will go with the Mugen MTX5 radio box... I'll post a picture when I have time. Then you can see if it's something for you :-)))...

Br,

Niko
Yeah i do, but i modded my upper deck, i dremeled off the ears but if Ur box is a must have, then i will have to get a new upper deck n one of your boxes
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finished my custom receiver box:

Need to make some small changes to the design (too thin in some spots) but the overall fit and finish is very nice. The 471 receiver from Sanwa fits perfectly.

Now that I know the minium wall thickness and design features of the material I will start with the design of the universal receiver box for the standard Capricorn cars.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Finished my custom receiver box:

Need to make some small changes to the design (too thin in some spots) but the overall fit and finish is very nice. The 471 receiver from Sanwa fits perfectly.

Now that I know the minium wall thickness and design features of the material I will start with the design of the universal receiver box for the standard Capricorn cars.
Ds you the man!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrHistory
So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
I can feel your frustration... I think as a world wide community many of us want to help and it's sad for the sake of shipping you've lost confidence in the product. Yes it's your right to evaluate local support as a major factor, it's written on the walls of RC-Tech, and who are we to question the global wisdom.

As for the cars, they are awesome, "best" while often short term, isn't an understatement when it comes to a C02. So, if I can sway you with encouragement it's due to the car's performance and durability and this reduces the amount of spares required.

All said and done, all cars need parts and if there's no supply .. I hear ya... http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=41&page=6 :/
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Understand your frustration, my brother recently bought a HotBodies R10 and parts support for that is a little non existent at the moment, but in his case it doesn't matter as he can't start the engine

The third different brand starter box is a little better, but at least he won't need parts
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason,

I can definitely help you out with some parts. Unfortunately I will not be at Floyd this weekend but I should be there the following. I have a pretty decent inventory of parts. I will stop by your pit next time I am down at the track.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Me and a couple other local CAP guys piggyback on each others orders to cut shipping cost, we try n order together, that way shipping is $10 instead of $40.......your welcome to get in with us if you want........
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello ,
I just bought a brand new co2. i will receive next week!! propably the new ones with the big bore shocks(!??) lol.
Anything that i should notice in the build?? any help would be greatly appreceiated.
Thanks in advance for your answers!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport
Hello ,
I just bought a brand new co2. i will receive next week!! propably the new ones with the big bore shocks(!??) lol.
Anything that i should notice in the build?? any help would be greatly appreceiated.
Thanks in advance for your answers!!
One suggestion, Get new tools, the hard plastic is a bit&$ to screw into!! 2.5 2.0 and 1.5 has to be new!!! Have fun. Also if you run in the states on a 2x4 wood track, you may wanna have some backup metal diff gears for the rear! Contact with "boards" will kill the composite!

Last edited by 1evo RRR Driver; 04-12-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gael L
Jason,

I can definitely help you out with some parts. Unfortunately I will not be at Floyd this weekend but I should be there the following. I have a pretty decent inventory of parts. I will stop by your pit next time I am down at the track.
Thanks Gael! I have one set of plastic to get started but otherwise have no more replacement arms or steering blocks so i will need these if i will run this year. hope to see you soon
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Me and a couple other local CAP guys piggyback on each others orders to cut shipping cost, we try n order together, that way shipping is $10 instead of $40.......your welcome to get in with us if you want........
Are you ordering directly from Italy? I think you are on the west coast...maybe send me a pm and we can see if something will work. thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

One suggestion, Get new tools, the hard plastic is a bit&$ to screw into!! 2.5 2.0 and 1.5 has to be new!!! Have fun. Also if you run in the states on a 2x4 wood track, you may wanna have some backup metal diff gears for the rear! Contact with "boards" will kill the composite!
thank you for your recomendations!!
i use mugen tools, they are really good so i dont think i will have any problems with that.
about the diff... are they blown out easily?? or if you repair them often they are ok?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport
thank you for your recomendations!!
i use mugen tools, they are really good so i dont think i will have any problems with that.
about the diff... are they blown out easily?? or if you repair them often they are ok?
For threading the pivot balls and other screws into the suspension arms I recommend pre-warming the suspension arms a bit and apply some grease (Copper/Moly) to the threads for some lubrication. This way it's a lot easier to cut the threads and the cut is much nicer.

Regarding the diffs, mine last for an entire season, actually still got the first set I got 3 years ago. Of course when you hit the boards or crash you can damage them by the sudden deceleration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.