Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?

How fast(top speed) does it go? My friend who works full time at a LHS claims he has a 1/10th scale nitro car that goes 200 mph!!! He is very knowledgeable about RCs and has been into it for much longer than me. He's even ranked #1 in the state in RC drifting.

I think he is possibly BSing. Is 200 mph even possible in a Nitro 1/10th car?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Probably not true however if it is a drag car then maybe. I've seen brushless high powered systems reach that speed but not nitro unless it is a dragster.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc4basher
How fast(top speed) does it go? My friend who works full time at a LHS claims he has a 1/10th scale nitro car that goes 200 mph!!! He is very knowledgeable about RCs and has been into it for much longer than me. He's even ranked #1 in the state in RC drifting.

I think he is possibly BSing. Is 200 mph even possible in a Nitro 1/10th car?
.......................The fastest speed I can find in the books belongs to Marc Davidson who went 120mph with his nitro powered car here is a link.......http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Nic...20MPH.mp4.html I believe it would be possible to reach that speed with deep, deep pockets and a purpose built car.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Someone needs to come up with some innovative new technology for nitro cars to make them faster because they're just slow compared to brushless. Just not worth the hastle IMO.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Someone needs to come up with some innovative new technology for nitro cars to make them faster because they're just slow compared to brushless. Just not worth the hastle IMO.
Dem is fighten words- someone oughta hang this dude with his pull start rope
SITH4MMER55 likes this.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

there's tether cars that go really fast, but theyre not "RC"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DUJ1KQ35E
Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Some of us enjoy doing things for longer than 5 minutes
Old 06-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

these guys from puerto rico seems to have a fast lil nitro dragger. i believe thats a OS rotary modified to fit.

https://youtu.be/_sOuyP9yyGk
Old 06-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blis
Some of us enjoy doing things for longer than 5 minutes
So brushless cars cant run for more than 5 mins? Thats rediculous!

I mean i'm not tryin to start a nitro vs electric debate but you would think that with combustion engines being around for 100+ yrs, some of that technology can be implemented to nitro cars today to make them at least a little faster with less hastle.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

I think that electric cars are becoming too fast and people who operate them should be license and required to carry insurance. I have seen alot of unsupervised children driving grossly over powered electric cars that endangered public safety . Powerful electric motors in rc cars need to be regulated before some small child gets hurt. Then we all get banned.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So brushless cars cant run for more than 5 mins? Thats rediculous!

I mean i'm not tryin to start a nitro vs electric debate but you would think that with combustion engines being around for 100+ yrs, some of that technology can be implemented to nitro cars today to make them at least a little faster with less hastle.
Maybe you haven't seen a 30 min Nitro A-Main, or maybe you just don't appreciate it. It's like comparing F1 to nascars. Two very different technologies, with a distinctly different fan bases. At the end of the day, they're both auto racing. But it takes a true enthusiast to notice and appreciate the difference.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
Maybe you haven't seen a 30 min Nitro A-Main, or maybe you just don't appreciate it. It's like comparing F1 to nascars. Two very different technologies, with a distinctly different fan bases. At the end of the day, they're both auto racing. But it takes a true enthusiast to notice and appreciate the difference.
I hear what you're saying man. I guess a lot of it is about the challenge and tradition of going fast with nitro.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
I think that electric cars are becoming too fast and people who operate them should be license and required to carry insurance. I have seen alot of unsupervised children driving grossly over powered electric cars that endangered public safety . Powerful electric motors in rc cars need to be regulated before some small child gets hurt. Then we all get banned.
That's kind of funny. I never thought about it like that. At least the Traxxas XO1 requires work to unlock "100 MPH mode."
Old 06-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hear what you're saying man. I guess a lot of it is about the challenge and tradition of going fast with nitro.
Have you ever been in a 30 minute main?(longest main Ive ever done)
Its incredibly intense, there's also teamwork involve, its not just you driving. Its something that every RC racer should experience, adrenaline high! Ive also pitted MANY 60 minute mains, and even as a pit man is very intense, specially if you pit someone that can win the race. The day I quit nitro is the day I quit for good. If nitro ever gets banned Ill stop racing.

Last edited by nitrodude; 06-04-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

I tried racing electric cars, but I had to quit. I kept nodding off half way thru the mains because of the deafening silence.
snuvet75 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.