Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who's parts are cheaper? Losi or Xray

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Who's parts are cheaper? Losi or Xray

I'm a little ticked off today. I had the same part (left knuckle) break 3 times on my Xray today. Unbeleivable! I've had good luck so far, but this pushed the envelope.

The JRXS is the fastest car at our track now. So who's parts are cheaper?

With tax a knuckle costs me $8.35 CND.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Altrodesigns
I'm a little ticked off today. I had the same part (left knuckle) break 3 times on my Xray today. Unbeleivable! I've had good luck so far, but this pushed the envelope.

I'm not sure about up there in "Eh !?" Land, but down here in the 'States Losi parts are FAR cheaper.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:25 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

LOSI! Remember those Xray parts need to be imported.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Take off eh? the JRX-S is the fastest car at my local track as well! DUDE!
Old 10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Get a P-Dub bumper...or theone from Parma PSE....changing cars becaue you hit stuff and break is silly...

The Xray cars are every bit as durable..or even more durable than the majority of cars on the market...
Old 10-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

I'm a student (Carleton U. for Industrial Design) so I have no income, I have to rely on what I make during the summer. If Losi's cheaper I'll probably switch. Is the Losi a strong car? My Xray can easily take a huge smack into the wall, but now I'm getting the setup down and just clipping the boards some times. The only problem is my Xray only breaks on these small little clips of the board.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Get a P-Dub bumper...or theone from Parma PSE....changing cars becaue you hit stuff and break is silly...

The Xray cars are every bit as durable..or even more durable than the majority of cars on the market...
That's what I've been told, I think I'll try that out next week. I was just mad cause the parts are so expensive.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've seen the Losi's breaking too.....arms and LCD's though...

I understand the student income situation...but changing cars will cost you more than a C-hub here or there....

i've had days where I've gone through 2 or 3..folowed by months of HARD hits with NO damage....
Old 10-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Ya. I guess so. I was just a little ticked off... calmed down now...phhhhew...

The Xray gets another shot.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't know about the jrxs but the xxxs parts all come with left and right. I can remember having a ton of right handed chubs, knuckles and rear hubs. They charge you more for the parts.
XRay sells the parts you need and doesn't group them and charge you more. (one exception: aluminum bulkheads )

I did a little digging and found a single left steering knuckle for xray is about $5 and for the jrxs it is $9 for L & R. (US prices).

Do what you want but you probably spent about $18-$20 bucks today and you could have easily spent $25-$30 on losi parts you don't need.

Do you have a pdub bumper on your car? It will save alot of wear and tear on your car.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Where can I get these bumpers? I need one by next week, so a place in Canada is ideal.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Altrodesigns

when you go to buy the knuckles for the losi, they come with the castor blocks too, they run me about $10. I would think the losi parts are more easily available since this is north america. I my lhs has a good stock pile of xray parts, but that is because one of the employees is xray sponsored.

for the student - the guys who run the losi with me tend to break more arms than anything, and those will run you $13 a pair. If you are one of those drivers that bounces off the boards, stay away from the losi and xray, they do not like it when that happens. And because their parts are so hard they tend to break easily, it is not uncommon for some guys to drop $30 in 1 night on arms and ball cups because they cannot stay off the boards. The tc3/4 on the other hand is an absolute tank, that is what I use until I can learn to keep my shit off the boards.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

I don't know about up there, but parma makes one similar to the pdub. Feels like the same material and density.
Speedtechrc carries them or you can order them direct from pdub.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

In over a year + of hard racing, I have never seen a broken xray arm on mine or any others xray. With the pdub, I most often break a chub but it is few and far between. I am in no way an expert driver, I just believe in the durability of my xray.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkman
I don't know about up there, but parma makes one similar to the pdub. Feels like the same material and density.
Speedtechrc carries them or you can order them direct from pdub.
While Parma's bumper works well it is softer than the P-Dub, I have both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.