Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
AE RC8B gremlins >

AE RC8B gremlins

AE RC8B gremlins

Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default AE RC8B gremlins

hey everyone, a couple of my friends and i all have AE RC8B's and besides me they have all had gremlins, cracked hubs, steering block screws coming out and chewed up clutchbells, is this common or what? plus im running a 5 5 5 and 35 shocks all around with medium sway bar and silver shock springs and my rear end is tooo loose how can i fix this

thanks in advance

Heavy D
Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniel15fl
hey everyone, a couple of my friends and i all have AE RC8B's and besides me they have all had gremlins, cracked hubs, steering block screws coming out and chewed up clutchbells, is this common or what? plus im running a 5 5 5 and 35 shocks all around with medium sway bar and silver shock springs and my rear end is tooo loose how can i fix this

thanks in advance

Heavy D
I have gone awy from the plastic hubs and now run the AE Aluminum. The are worth every penny for them.

The steering block screws I have had the nut back off. I just started using loctite as well as the locknuts.

Never had a problem with the clutchbells. You might want to re-check your gear mesh and make sure it is not too tight.

Check the RC8B thread and you will find all your answers in there. I have never had a problem with the car being to loose. My car is always locked down and most of the time pushes if anything. You ae going to have to add what kind of surface and what tires and maybe a little more of your setup to get the proper answers.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Ya, it's not that great of a buggy. If you want to dump it on anyone I will take the hit and find a use for it.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Never had a issue stock hubs the truggy did alittle. Are you running them in the cold weather plastic get brittle in the cold The screws in the steering blocks will come out you if you don't use thread lock on them.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes we r running them in the cold but its like 60 degrees outside when we run, we all live in north florida, i have checked their mesh and all seems good it didnt move on them or ne thing. im not gonna dump mine on ne one, if mine eats a clutch bell then yea im gonna sell it or trade it for a mugen mbx6. mine only has 2 gallons on it
Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default rc8b problems

i race every weekend indoor here in illinois, it is around 30 or so degree's at the track, and have never ran into any problems, i love this car, best car i have had to race with, never broke anything yet this whole indoor season. sorry to hear you are having problems.