Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Well, Not sure why our Team Forum was closed or whatever, but here is the new link for team and product discussions for TeamDiggityDesigns.!!

Had a great time at the ROAR regionals in Illinois... I had glitching problems in 1/12th scale mod so i was not able to race that class at all... Apl ran his D12 in stock and should have won, but a few boards were his enemy He took 3rd in the stock 1/12th triple A-main. Good Job John, we'll get em next time.. The touring car was pretty good, actually ran the same fast laps in practice on friday as Brad Johnson did for the win in the A-mains. I just had no mote and my gearing was wayyyyy to high for the mains, last time I listen to other racers!! should have known that!

www.diggitydesigns.com
Old 03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Well i had a good weekend also Damon. The car was awesome! Finished building it friday at the track with one pack to setup the speedo and radio. i ran the club race in stk since thats the only class there was.an from the start of the day saturday till the end of the weekend the car was the most consistent 1/12 i ever owned or drove. I finished 3rd on sunday @the region 2 carpet champs held @ Horsham R/C www.horshamrc.com With Jeff Cuffs holding the TQ an winning the Amain in Stk 1/12

i will post a setup an pics later on tonite
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Damon thanks for all the help getting the car up to speed. I finally got it to where it needed to be at the end. Now that the car's pretty much all there, I can fine-tune it and put some more HP in
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-001.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-002.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-003.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-004.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-005.jpg  

Old 03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Here is my setup from the weekend guys .Hey brian let me know what you ran im curious to try something but my car was so perfect im not sure if i should lol
front
10 degree castor blocks
1.5 camber
front springs 20
purple fronts 43 mm
center shock 30 wt oil
silver spring
dampner tube 3000 wt diff oil
gray rears 44 mm
3.5 mm ride height
monster stk hand out geared 96 32 little big on gear should have ran a 31
Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

I ran:

10 degree caster blocks
1 degree camber
.020 front springs
1.68" Purple fronts (42.6 mm)
70 wt oil in center shock, Blue spring
Corally Diff lube in tubes (really thick)
Gray rears at 1.75" (44.5 mm)
3.5 mm ride height
Parma Speed 8 body
Reedy Quad Mag 19 geared 96/35
Old 03-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dennis - Your setup is exactly the same as mine...right down to the dampner lube. The only difference I can see from your pics is that I used the 3.2R upper pod plate (shorter than the Diggity one) with the Dura shock (longer than the AE shock). Keep in touch with any changes & driving impressions.

Denney
Old 03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Denney im curious why the crc top plate im using the crc dura shock with the diggity top plate let me know.

Brian whats the track like u ran that setup on high bite or more medium bite. traction came up nice on sunday but not terrible an how did u finish.

Last edited by DENNIS STORTI; 03-28-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

I finished 3rd. The grip was med-high.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dennis - I even cut down the ball cups as short as possible, but the Dura shock was still too long. At that point I figured the only way to get it to work would be to add internal limiters...looking at your pics I've got maybe 3-4mm of shock shaft outside the body than you do. Maybe I should actually look at the shock instructions & be sure I built it correctly...

Denney
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

yeah double check cause im having no problem with just stock asso. ball cups
Old 03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

interesting sedan conversion. how does the increased dog bone angle caused by the ultralow diff height affect performance? the trend lately (rdx, losi, xray) has been to raise the diffs to at, or above, the axle level for better drive efficiency and more consistent suspension compliance over a range of drive torques. other than an overall lower cg, what are the advantages of a lowered driveline?

- rich collins -
Old 03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by seaball
interesting sedan conversion. how does the increased dog bone angle caused by the ultralow diff height affect performance? the trend lately (rdx, losi, xray) has been to raise the diffs to at, or above, the axle level for better drive efficiency and more consistent suspension compliance over a range of drive torques. other than an overall lower cg, what are the advantages of a lowered driveline?

- rich collins -
Thanks for the question Rich ...

First of all and for most, this is a shaft drive designed car and it has many many differences from a belt car and the ways of friction and torque! Its hard to compare the handling charactoristics from a belt drive car to a shaft drive car... and also from the different chassis layouts, weight balances, and positioning of components...

The Idea behind the lowered drive line is to keep the cars weight as low as possible and to keep the CG lower to the racing surface (more overall traction). Not only did we lower the drive line but we also have lowered the arm mounts about .060 from stock height (wich is also adjustable to change CG). The lowered drive line doesnt affect the dogbone angles in any way, the bones are level to slightly angled up out to the wheel when proper ride height (4.5-5mm) is set! When running on med-high bite smooth traction surface you want to run as little droop as possible as to not allow the chassis to roll in the corners.. We designed this car for smooth surfaces. It has been tested outdoor also after adjusting the arm mounts .030 higher than stock to raise the CG the car was just as smooth as it is indoor and with the dog bones angled up out to the wheel it had no affect on the performance. The advantages are to keep weight and CG low as possible.

The XLR8 that we are talking about is very close to production. The aluminum is all in house and bagged to sell, just waiting on getting the carbon fibre chassis components cut. Stay tooned.. Pictures will be added to the website very soon..

Also this weekend Tim Brink ran his XLR8 in 19T at our club here in West Mi, and he was the fastest car there, he raced over 5 Xray T2's and some others, but no doubt the fastest car there. Took 2nd after stuffing a board...Traction was med-high bite ozite..

Thanks, Damon
TeamDiggityDesigns
www.diggitydesigns.com

Last edited by Diggity; 03-30-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Damon thanks for all the help getting the car up to speed. I finally got it to where it needed to be at the end. Now that the car's pretty much all there, I can fine-tune it and put some more HP in
No problem Brian, thanks for the help with the mote even know I couldnt lay it down this last weekend with all the little bull*(&@ problems that came up for me . I think you should be able to do really well for the Team, I think youve progressed allot from when I last seen you race at Cleveland a couple years ago. I think that corally car you got is the best thing as far as your driving style to happen for you. Great Job bro!! let me know if you need anything for that D-1-2....

Check out Dennis' steering set-up in his pics, I think thats all you got to do to change the steering link angle!! im gonna change mine and see how it is at our track here...

Let me know what the next race is that your gonna attend, just keep me informed of any good races soon!! Also can you send me some of those Corally front C blocks 4deg and some of the plastic steering blocks? Let me know on that I want to try them on my car.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Damon...I checked the laptimes from last weekend, I got into the 11's with the D12 in the main. In that run the car was pretty slow (HP...the motor went from fast to not very fast...), so I only cracked 11.9's...but with a good 19t in it I could've gotten down into 11.6 or 11.7 territory. The angled servo really smoothed the car out...I think you should try it.

As far as your XLR8, I think it showed potential but the setup you had on there didn't seem to be right. It looked awfully stiff to me. I think purple/copper springs and 70/50 oil w/ #2's would've been awesome (that's what I ran on my TC3 when I made the A @ 2005 Novak race) and would've gotten you consistently into the 11's like the rest of us.

I'll give you a call about the Corally stuff soon.

BTW, Damon, Seaball = Chris Goetz

Sorry Tony Bojangles, I let the secret out! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.