Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Cool..problem solved
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well It seems ofna messed up on the part #'s. I broke a left rear hub yesterday and that part # is the same part # for the front bumper and Sway bar ball retainer. Theres no part # for a left rear hub either just right?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LOL, Nevermind I realized that all the parts I need come on one parts tree. I thought they would sell them induvidualy. DOH.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What are the absolute must have hop ups or additions for the x-1cr pro, I know that the one piece mount is one as I run p5's.

thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think the 1 piece motor mount is a "must have". I'm running a RB C5 with the stock motor mounts and the 1 piece motor is nice but a "1 piece", I don't think so.
1. You might might want to get some Cradock brakes and throw the stock brakes as far away as possible.
2. Concentrate on tire selection for your track.
The C1 Pro is very good out of the box.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What forum has the most online help for this kit...I know A dub is on here pretty religiously as well as the grid. Just asking as I am probably gonna be one of the only guys running this kit in my area once I get home. Seems like everyone is afraid to try something new. K-Car is king around my way. Our fastest guy just switched from the K-car to the xb8 as he got a ride with them. I know the tremendous amount of online conversation and setup help for the TTR almost made me buy that kit....the same for the Jammin would be nice.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Jim for the reply been out of town
Old 01-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Well, back from race #1 of our 2005 Florida state series.....The X1 handled very well, I was impressed with it's steering, yet it didn't feel loose at the same time.....Tuff to pull off in a pretty much box stock set-up.

I did have problems with the motor mounts loosening every run, also flamed out on my runs due to the gas tank cap not sealing very well. Changed out the tank now that I figured it out, so next race should go better, LOL.

Oh, I also went back to rear hubs centered since the car felt a little too agressive on power with the hubs back like A.D. runs em'........Next race should be more fun.......Jim
Old 01-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

What do you guys think is a better engine the force .26 or the 8 port .21 found in the hyper 7 pcr.Also how many of you that just got a new x1rtr came from a hyper 7?I know there completely diferent buggys but are your laps way faster and more "dialed" out the box than the pcr?

Would you get a hard time being allowed to run the .26 thats in the rtr at most tracks?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

PIND - Only if you beat everyone soundly will they say anything about the .26.

The 8 port is a good motor.

underway - If you're running a Nova-based motor, the one-piece is a good idea. The stock mounts work great on Piccos and Sirios but seem to have a problem when bolted to a Nova. Other than that, the stock car is dialed, even the brakes have been great on my car.

There have been a ton of X-1's at the tracks around here lately, just not much forum hype..which is fine. Between Adam, myself, and Mike Dunn, we can help you with any problems or questions you might have about the X-1; that's why we're here!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, Brakes....I'm not sure why some are changing thiers, my EPA is down to 50% too keep them from being too agressive, LOL..........Jim
Old 01-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure why people are worried about their brakes at all..I can count on my hands how many times I used them the whole day Sunday!

Who needs to slow down when your car will go through any corner wide open?!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm trying to decide between the Jammin and the S3 right now and had some questions. As stupid as it might sound I'm looking at the RTR since I'll spend about $500 less intially (trying to justify spending the extra money even though I'll probably only get to race once a month lol). Anyways, can you start the RTR off a box or are different motor mounts needed?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

The motor mounts are the same from the RTR to the Pro.

Can't go wrong with the X-1
Old 01-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

I have the X1, which I really think is among the best at this point, I did have the engine mount problems, using a S421B Nova engine. But everything else seems great so far. Handling is awesome on this buggy and it has the most steering feel without being loose of any of the buggies i've owned so far(alot).

I can say that i've seen a few of the TT S3's run too, and they also look very good.......One broke a center support brace on the center diff. None are perfect I suppose.

I'd say see what on you can get parts for locally, or easiest thru the mail, etc........It's that close........Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.