Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Thinking of buying a Traxxas again, Opinions..... >

Thinking of buying a Traxxas again, Opinions.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of buying a Traxxas again, Opinions.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Thinking of buying a Traxxas again, Opinions.....

So, long and short of it.

I have owned a 3.3 Revo and an eRevo and prefered the eRevo by far, but was disappointed in the Traxxas quality, and the extensive mods to make it track competitive.

Im an old time AE fan, and repurchased a RC 8Te and am happy with it, no issues or mods required.

I want to get back into SC and have been debating a Platinum slash as it already has everything included.

Should I take the risk of buying another Traxxas that I may not be happy with, due to past experiences, or take a chance on the decked out Platinum. My only other choice would be an AE as these are the two brands that I am most familiar with.

Its not exactly a MT question, but coming from a MT background it makes scene to post it here.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

So your looking for a 4x4 SCT for racing?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would say those are the two sc trucks id stay away from

losi, ofna, durango's the way to go imo

im not a brand hater but for 4x4 sc its just what i prefer
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Suspended

I love my 4X4 Slash but it's modded a little beyond the Platinum. Never liked the sliding shafts so I installed Tekno. The Losi definitely looked the best that I've seen.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If your looking to race I can't add any input, but I have a 2wd and 4x4 for running around the yard. Both of them have been bulletproof for me. The 4x4 is the platinum edition. I have been very pleased with the durability, as I haven't been nice to these 2 trucks. Run them hard and put them up wet basically and they just keep on going.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romian14
So your looking for a 4x4 SCT for racing?
To have a lot of fun at the track with, and to be competitive with amongst friends that actually race. Not exactly racing myself due to work schedule.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nickypoo
i would say those are the two sc trucks id stay away from

losi, ofna, durango's the way to go imo

im not a brand hater but for 4x4 sc its just what i prefer
Just due to my lack of 4wd sc, what makes the others better?
I dont think your hating just sharing opinions.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have not owned a slash but my friend who runs with me every time always has problems. Shaft drive sucks, messes up tranny bearings just always has to wrench on it. Sure it's tough but the little things add up to be annoying and it's not even my car. Also poor design if you want to race. Why do u think there are kits to totally change the whole layout of the car.

To the AE it's just really hard to setup and really hard to work on. Needs lots of mods but so does the Durango. Poor design IMO because all motors heat up due to low air flow and the moving weight up top of the belts makes it squirly and not drive like a 4x4

The ofna Nexx,hyper,jammin have their little problems here and there and the losi is a heavy tank but they are tough competitive trucks

IMO losi losi losi is absolutely dominating anything 4x4 short course and is the best rc I've ever owned
Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nothing touches the Losi at my tracks. Take the slowest guy and put him on a Losi and he is now tons faster. I'm not a big fan of SCT's but that class is booming now because you can get into comp. racing fairly cheap.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nickypoo
I have not owned a slash but my friend who runs with me every time always has problems. Shaft drive sucks, messes up tranny bearings just always has to wrench on it. Sure it's tough but the little things add up to be annoying and it's not even my car. Also poor design if you want to race. Why do u think there are kits to totally change the whole layout of the car.

To the AE it's just really hard to setup and really hard to work on. Needs lots of mods but so does the Durango. Poor design IMO because all motors heat up due to low air flow and the moving weight up top of the belts makes it squirly and not drive like a 4x4

The ofna Nexx,hyper,jammin have their little problems here and there and the losi is a heavy tank but they are tough competitive trucks

IMO losi losi losi is absolutely dominating anything 4x4 short course and is the best rc I've ever owned

Thanks for the input, it sounds like all or the same little consistent Issues that I had
With the two revos, which is why I sold them to begin with. I'm not a losi fan, but if they are that good ill have to look into one.

Thanks everyone.