Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting for money

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Waiting for money

How long should a seller wait, past the agreed upon time, for the funds ? When should an alternate buyer be accepted ?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by T Tom
How long should a seller wait, past the agreed upon time, for the funds ? When should an alternate buyer be accepted ?
That's a tough one. After years of selling I have come to adopt the policy. "When the cash is in my hand it's sold" until then it's up for grabs. I am always upfront with buyers and let them know just because they say "i'll take it" doesn't mean crap to me. Ive had a salt water light for sale for a few days and I have had 2 people say they will take and asked for my payapl info. So far neither have paid. That's why I don't wait on people anymore. It's just business
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

when its past the "agreed upon time" means you had a time set already. if its past it, realize the buyer is a piece of garbage and sell it to someone else.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Unhappy

Send two e-mails if no responce sell it! Good luck ! Happens to me everytime! People are tire kickers, mostly kids waste your time! I get a phone # and bug the S--- out of them. If they are under 21 I ask to talk to the perents!
Never trade unless its face to face! Just some advice to those who don't know!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Send two e-mails if no responce sell it! Good luck ! Happens to me everytime! People are tire kickers, mostly kids waste your time! I get a phone # and bug the S--- out of them. If they are under 21 I ask to talk to the perents!
Never trade unless its face to face! Just some advice to those who don't know!
+1 about the kids.

Every deal I make for a trade or a purchase I always contact to the seller. If it's a kid DEAL IS OFF!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If I know I might not be able to come up with the full amount and I really want the item, I'll offer a deposit. Other than that. it isn't sold untill cash is in hand.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I would say I would wait 24-48 hours, unless someone else is interested and willing to pay now.

If you cannot pay with in that time frame then you probably should not be buying RC gears.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I wait until the next day. Check their profile and see if they've been on since you last talked to them. If they have and you haven't gotten anything I'd move on to a new buyer. People who don't pay within 24 hours generally are tire kickers and not as interested in your item as you think they are. I'd let them know you've moved on to another buyer though just incase they do try to send the money after you've accepted payment from someone else.