SoCal Raceway~

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SoCal Raceway~

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with MD, if you have need space in the pit, i always have extra room. My pit isnt as nice as MD's with that big old fan on hot days I need to get one of those AND that air blast thingy majig is nice as well.

Im in RC for the fun as well.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MD-You mean we can share pit space with you under your plush tent.See u later rto I'm moving!(hehehe)
Old 09-04-2001, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

I really don't know anyone that's not in the RC for the fun at first. Cuz it is FUN just like video games and all. The reason that I ask about sponsorship is that I just wonder how do people are getting sponsored and why they got picked.

I was thinking it was more like "applying" for a scholarship. Apprently it's not.

This hobby isn't cheap at all. Being sponsored surely can help a lot.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it does save on ALOT of expenses, and opens the door to alot more races.

just keep at it. practice practice practice. at one time i was going to the track 4 times a week. pretty sad time in my life...

but, it paid off. go to some big races and just do yer best. eventually you'll see yourself start getting better, and once you can consistently make the A & B mains, start a resume and send it out.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Hey fellaz- Thought you might like some more sponsored stories. When I lived in IL my dad and I raced A LOT of oval. We traveled the country and spent TONS of money. We were (patting my own back) pretty good. Then we got sponsored. I say we because, at the time, we were a team. Then we got very competative and stuff started to count. We were representing a company. It's pressure that not everyone deals with properly. My dad and I were an example of that. Eventually we got on each other so much racing wasn't fun anymore. So we stopped. (There were many other factors outside that but it was a major factor).

Don't try to get sponsored. If you are trying to get sponsored you already have the wrong state of mind to a "good" sponsored driver.

There are a few different types of "being Sponsored" too.

Tony is one of the best guys to sponsor- Friendly, helpful, old, and very tolerable to be around. (LOL) If you want to get sponsored be like tony- he is the man.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Wow Charlie...but...

friendly AND old???? sort of an oxi-moron there, no??? hahahahhaha
Old 09-05-2001, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Being sponsored in anyway is good I think. I am a college student with very limited personal income. Most of time I am saving up weeks by weeks by miss couple meal here and there. So I can have some extra money for RC. But when I can get that certain upgrade that I am looking for It's kinda worth all the waits.

I'm not trying to get sponsored at all. My driving skill still sucks pretty bad. I just wonder how people are getting sponsored that's all. And One day when i'm old and friendly and helpful..... I will dream of getting sponsored........

lol~~~~~

P.S. Tony, you are running sorex 36R's at SoCal right? What kinda insert are you using???
Old 09-06-2001, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

heh heh TRF...you have a LONG way to go to be old like me...!!!!!!

Umm, ya, 36R's with either HPI Green inserts or a Pit Shimitzu insert...but don't ask me which one because I threw the header cards away and have NO idea which ones they are now....I just know those go in the back tires and those go in the front...
Old 09-06-2001, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Hey Tony,

Are sorex tires sold in the set of four or a pair of two? I'm currently running the Tamiya B2 compund tire. It is very much like the Sorex 36R's. They show very little wear after many runs. Tamiya's type A slick and B slick just don't hold up to the track at socal. It shows wears in about two runs.

I bought my B2 tires at TCS. Which is sooo much cheaper than what the dealers are selling. But I only bought a set of four.... which is a big mistake..... should have buy more......AHH~
Old 09-07-2001, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Sorex come in packages of 2 for about $15. They have them at SoCal and they have the HPI Green inserts that everyone is using over there.

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Hey Tony,

Are sorex tires sold in the set of four or a pair of two? I'm currently running the Tamiya B2 compund tire. It is very much like the Sorex 36R's. They show very little wear after many runs. Tamiya's type A slick and B slick just don't hold up to the track at socal. It shows wears in about two runs.

I bought my B2 tires at TCS. Which is sooo much cheaper than what the dealers are selling. But I only bought a set of four.... which is a big mistake..... should have buy more......AHH~
Old 09-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

ic ic,

thanks wolfeman.

Man tires ain't cheap at all. I really should bought more tire at TCS event. AHHHH..
Old 09-10-2001, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

ya, what matt said....
Old 09-10-2001, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I was wondering when you So Cal T/C guys were going to come here to Las Vegas and race. There have been a number of LV guys who have traveled there, but we haven't seen any of you yet. I have heard that you all don't like to travel out of your back yard. I guess it must be true.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

When there is a big race, I would say 60% (at least) of the field is from SoCal alone!!!! Most of us here like the competition of SoCal. We have 10-15 heats every race night, plus ALL of the big dogs race there. Just sort of spoils us....

We do, however, travel alot locally to some of the other events in the SoCal area...not just SoCal Raceway itself.
Old 09-10-2001, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

I would agree with Tony! We do enough traveling in Southern California to warrent not wanting to travel outside our area. In case you dont know Southern CA, every where you go is a drive.

I have been to Vegas and raced, did not do to well. Will be there again for the Nats in a couple of weeks. Hopefully i will have better luck this time. Could not find any traction last time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.