Xceed 1/10 200mm Chevy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xceed 1/10 200mm Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Yes!! Just picked up the chevy body. Looks awesome! cant wait to paint it and try it out. Paid through the nose, but i got it.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Got mine yesterday

I got mine painted are ready for our SourGrapes race at the Fort .
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

mabey it was just mine, but what's up with the cheap window masks that left all kinds of residue, and the cut lines were almost non-existant
Old 04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITTO550
mabey it was just mine, but what's up with the cheap window masks that left all kinds of residue, and the cut lines were almost non-existant
Yep residue here as well, and damn near invisible cut lines. Body handles good
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Pit it back to back With a stratus, it's the only way to tell if it's good, I thought the R5n was good until I put the 3.1 on wright after, not even close to a stratus
Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Pit it back to back With a stratus, it's the only way to tell if it's good, I thought the R5n was good until I put the 3.1 on wright after, not even close to a stratus
Good point, you do need a direct comparison to see if the body works, and I totally agree about the r5n, I didn't really like it. Not over a 3.1. Hopefully the chey will be a little more balanced then the r5n.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default new bodies

Whether it's an R5N or a Blitz or a NEW!! Chevy, at the end of the day the setup usually has to be modified to "fit" the body to encourage good handling. That being said I a body is only as good as your laptimes or at leat that's what most ppl are led to believe. Since I have been involed in this hobby I have found (this being for MYSELF) engines have been the major contributor to lower laptimes.

Yes it feels faster more aggressive etc. When the stratus came out in '04 and Kenji Osaka broke the track record in Ft myers, Chris tosolini as well for how many years, still countless designs later it still came back to the same thing. Again, most ppl say that the body feels better because it's supposed to feel better....yep you guesseed it because the team driver said so

This is by no means to say that I am not willing to buy and try another body...heck I play the lotto weekly too..the logic One day I'll win
Old 04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
Whether it's an R5N or a Blitz or a NEW!! Chevy, at the end of the day the setup usually has to be modified to "fit" the body to encourage good handling. That being said I a body is only as good as your laptimes or at leat that's what most ppl are led to believe. Since I have been involed in this hobby I have found (this being for MYSELF) engines have been the major contributor to lower laptimes.

Yes it feels faster more aggressive etc. When the stratus came out in '04 and Kenji Osaka broke the track record in Ft myers, Chris tosolini as well for how many years, still countless designs later it still came back to the same thing. Again, most ppl say that the body feels better because it's supposed to feel better....yep you guesseed it because the team driver said so

This is by no means to say that I am not willing to buy and try another body...heck I play the lotto weekly too..the logic One day I'll win
+1

There is no "magic cure-all" body that is made for these cars. You have to one out, compare it to others, then go with what works for you. I literally have a closet full of bodies and with my current set-up, I have bodies for small to medium tracks, bodies for big tracks, bodies for speed tracks and bodies for technical tracks. A body that works on Kissimmee's track may not work well on Toledo's or Las Vegas's track due to many factors.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

I tottaly agree when u say there is no cure all body, but I see body shells like women. Sometimes u want a new look or a different feel, but in the end you go back to what worked the best for you. Its all a matter of driving style and setup. Speaking of Chris Tosolini, he was at my local track a few weeks ago, and it would not matter what body he used, because he knows how to compensate for the designs shortcomings. He could drive a shopping cart better than most around the track if that cart had 2 servos and an engine! But anyways u r correct, there is no cure all magical body.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What is the fastest way to remove this cheap residue... Thanks.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

I used denatured alcohol because anything stronger would ruin the paint job.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default comparison

for me personally i usually stick to what works I ran the mazda6 for 3 years and then tried the 3.1 stratus and it was much more stable in the straightaway so I switched and have used that body since i have always had plenty of steering (kyosho) so all these other bodies didn't entice me with they give you more steering but recently at the sour grapes race in florida I ran the stratus for five minutes in practice and then ran the chevy for the next five the chevy was more stable everywhere on the track so i'm now a chevy man but will not sell my f350 4x4
Old 05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default sticky residue

+2 they need new window mask thats ridiculous to have to spend more time cleaning the windows then actually putting the paint on I also used alcohol
Old 05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

I also loved the mazda body when I used to drive the mugen mtx4 a few years back, but then I switched to the kyosho rrr which had tons of steering like u said. Now I drive xray and I use the stratus on wide open tracks cause it makes the car feel smoother so to speak. I do like the chevy on a track with a tighter infield.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

I had a chance to test 4 bodies this past weekend. Altis, Chevy, RS4 and ISF. Getting ready for the Worlds I want to use what ever is best (by this I mean what give the fastest laps). I had heard of the new Protoform, but do not have access to one, so I did not include it in my test. Be sure I will though!

Out of all four that I tested the Chevy gave the fastest laps. this test was on an unsealed high bite track. The ISF was second closest then the Altis and the RS4 was last. This is as far as lap times. The Chevy rolled in the rear the most and all three other were pretty flat. The ISF felt and looked the best, but again the time were not the fastest. I think a lot has to do with how the body is mounted and racers are going to have to just play around with this.

I hope to get a Protoform and test it soon enough.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.