Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think what would really help people out with the Corally front end is some explenation as to what the screws do and a base setup sheet would be great
Old 01-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

T Bars are an issue - i have to be very careful this weekend
Tech Adept

oh ok, i run indoors on turf aswell. the standard t-bar seems to do better there.

Yeah to adjust the camber just screw in the grub screws furtherest to the left and right of the front end. Then to adjust the ground clearance adjust the shims in where the front tyres are
Attached Thumbnails Corally SP12X-picture-002.jpg  
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hell ya I just want to know what each screws do on the front end and what adjustment dose what since the book tell me nothing about the front end
except how to adjust ride hight
Old 01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

view my attachement in my last post, may give you a little insight
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ya i did and thanks alot for that info, dont know why they just dont jsut tell u that all in the book they give u
Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Regarding some comments on the Corally front end.
It's basically a variation of a mcpherson strut assembly in a real car which does away with an upper arm (which most Japanese cars have). And the 12th doesn't need a trailing arm because there are no braking forces going through it.

Adjusting camber is quite easy...
You need to make sure you have backed off the most centred grub screws.
Then wind the springs up or down to adjust it to the desired camber. The arms angle upwards gives more camber. Once sorted, then change the ride height with the washers on the kingpin.
Remember to adjust the droop and downstop grub screws to suit.
And finished.

Any one that has issues with camber change mid corner camber changes, here are some suggestions...
Remember softer springs mean = more compression = more camber
Plus the Roll centre plate (check servo saver clearance) will also reduce mid corner camber (slightly).

I love the car, even though I have had it for a while now, I had my first decent run in the weekend. It was flying!
There is alot of potential in this car that I have yet to realise. But my brother (drivingpro) puts a lot of work into it, and I have just copied his setup's lately and it's made huge improvements from when it was out of the box. The most exicting thing about this car for me, was the amazing constistancy which lead to a faultless 8mins. It does require tuning for low grip surfaces.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default front end

what frontend did spashett have in the worlds
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He used an Associated strut front end, with some machined CRC parts, and a CRC brace....
I am trying my 12X this weekend with the Old School Assoc front end....
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vdh design
Regarding some comments on the Corally front end.
It's basically a variation of a mcpherson strut assembly in a real car which does away with an upper arm (which most Japanese cars have). And the 12th doesn't need a trailing arm because there are no braking forces going through it.
Are you referring to the standard, red aluminium front end that comes assembled on the Corally SP12X car? If so, then I think you have confused this description for the Associated front end!

A MacPherson strut system has three separate pivot points (one at each end of the moving suspension arm, and one at the end of the fixed arm) whereas a semi-trailing system has only one pivot point - at the opposite end to where the wheel is attached.

The Associated front end (MacPherson design) does have a strut (trailing arm) - it is built into the top link by turning it into a wishbone - in this case it is a tension strut ('leading arm', if you like). The Corally design (semi-trailing) wishbone doesn't need a strut because it can space the ends of its pivot apart to avoid the twisting forces.

HTH

Last edited by SlowerOne; 02-04-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension2.htm

I hope this helps.

AE = Double wishbone
Corally = Macpherson Strut
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default setup

can anybody give me a carpet setup for 12x in detail fairly technical track ....foams
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension2.htm

I hope this helps.

AE = Double wishbone
Corally = Macpherson Strut
Not quite sure what you mean. A double wishbone set-up is characterised by two moving wisbones, but the AE front end only has one.
A Macpherson strut has one moving wishbone, and one articulated joint at the opposite end to the wishbone, near the spring; the Corally only has one wishbone and one joint.

AE - Macpherson strut (turn the picture in your link upside down to see what I am thinking)
Corally - semi-trailing arm (go to page 2 of your link to see the diagram)

Yes?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
mha
Tech Initiate

Plus the Roll centre plate (check servo saver clearance) will also reduce mid corner camber (slightly)...
Hi

what roll centre plate are you talking about? Is it in the kit? Could you take a pic and post it here?

Thanks

MHA
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=COR74725

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.