Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
I thought it was interesting how Pudge and Skids showed up to the race after spending most of their time this year driving the B4 and RC8, and they still tore it up in open mod! Maybe the reason why Team USA sucks in on-road isn't just due to the foam/rubber and sandbagger issues. Maybe it also has to do with the possibility that many of Team USA's best drivers spend most of their time playing in the dirt. 2WD Mod Buggy 4 Life Biotches!
Driving offroad makes you a better driver... it's not going to make you worse in onroad.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig

As for the 5 and 6 cell rule thing I think it is again up to the organizer/s. I remember when the Reedy race banned one-ways and you had to run a diff or a spool in the front. I don't think one-ways were banned overseas at the time. The point is that the Reedy Race is an event that is willing to try things out of the norm to see how it works, not necessarly cater to other visiting racers.
I was told that they ran 5 cells to keep the race international. Those drivers were not going to come if it wasn't going to be 5 cell. Again, just what I heard
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default jmho

I went to the Reedy last week end to see the pro's run.
maybe I'm getting jaded but this years was not at impressive as the past and did not stay until the end of the mains.

after seeing what the pro teams were running maybe I know why,
almost all were running brushless and i guess 5 cell,

In the past the cars seemed to have much more punch thru the infield and and faster down the straight and cars were braking before turn one.

I'm not sure if the lap times were as fast or the equivalent of the past races, but I missed sound of the brushed mod motors and the punch of 6 cell.

I hope for the spectators sake that the pros don't go to 4 cell. like us oval guys.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This use to be about the Reedy Race now it's a Foam vs. Rubber thread, The fact of the matter is the "Pro" US drivers got Spanked, not because of the tires and how many they had, because everyone ran the same tire and for the sponsored drivers I am sure they had plenty of them. You can debate Foam and Rubber till your blue in the face and it wont matter, the people who setup the race controll what and how many tires will be used, and the overall rules for the event.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
maybe I'm getting jaded but this years was not at impressive as the past and did not stay until the end of the mains.

In the past the cars seemed to have much more punch thru the infield and and faster down the straight and cars were braking before turn one.

I'm not sure if the lap times were as fast or the equivalent of the past races, but I missed sound of the brushed mod motors and the punch of 6 cell.

I hope for the spectators sake that the pros don't go to 4 cell. like us oval guys.
Track records were broke in every class this year at Reedy. No one has ever gone 24 laps in mod ( by more than one person). It only took 21 laps to make the spec A mains in years past. This year it took 22 to get in. Lap records were broke in all classes. Before you type things, try and know your facts.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk

Invitational had to run 5 cell and all of them had to run brushless to be competitive. I also mis hearing the whine of 10, 7 turn motors going down the straight. But their lap times I think were the fastest ever and I know they had a radar gun on Friday or Saturday and were hitting about 50+ down the straight. They didn't have the same lurching punch through the short shoots that the brushed 6 cell cars in open mod did. But overall, I think they were faster. They never had 24 lap runs before and there were a few of them this year.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Track records were broke in every class this year at Reedy. No one has ever gone 24 laps in mod ( by more than one person). It only took 21 laps to make the spec A mains in years past. This year it took 22 to get in. Lap records were broke in all classes. Before you type things, try and know your facts.
It took fast 22 lappers to get into the A in spec...I had 3 22 lap runs and was in the C

EA
Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I were to guess I'd say the US got spanked cause most of them are primarily foam drivers. In my experience I would say it's much harder to go from foam to rubber than rubber to foam. So maybe being competitive on a World basis should be part of the rubber/foam debate....

Originally Posted by Big B
This use to be about the Reedy Race now it's a Foam vs. Rubber thread, The fact of the matter is the "Pro" US drivers got Spanked, not because of the tires and how many they had, because everyone ran the same tire and for the sponsored drivers I am sure they had plenty of them. You can debate Foam and Rubber till your blue in the face and it wont matter, the people who setup the race controll what and how many tires will be used, and the overall rules for the event.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thank you

I would like to thank Scotty and his team for putting on a great event. Also all those that helped in tech. That can't be the most fun job to do. This year was so competitive in every class. You almost had to have absolutely mistake free runs to be where you wanted. The competition was insane. Juan, you are still my boy and sorry about our incident on the drivers stand...my bad.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

There's a lot of strategy that goes into winning the invitational...not just a fast car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blackstock have the fastest lap, a 12.4. Strategy, consistency, track position, tire management and a bit of luck is the formula for the "W"...very similar to 1:1.

I watched MR first hand go over again and again his starting position, what tires should he use, who's in the race, the time of day he'll be on the track (track got slower mid-day), where he was compared to the other drivers and how hard he needed to push it. Pretty impressive.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COREY LEWIS
I would like to thank Scotty and his team for putting on a great event. Also all those that helped in tech. That can't be the most fun job to do. This year was so competitive in every class. You almost had to have absolutely mistake free runs to be where you wanted. The competition was insane. Juan, you are still my boy and sorry about our incident on the drivers stand...my bad.
U R da man! Great run playa. Mod for you next year!

And thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It took fast 22 lappers to get into the A in spec...I had 3 22 lap runs and was in the C

EA
Not only that, but the last round of qualifying, there were 8 drivers in 19T spec that ran 22/5:11's! This obviously shows that qualifying was tight, as it should be in an event like this.

Congrats to Corey Lewis and the rest of the spec A-main guys!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
are you willing to share?
Always
Old 05-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

mr. bautista,
sure the lap times were faster,
but I still miss the whine of the brushed motors and the power slides on the tight turns.

I realize the racers point of view, but it was not so exciting for spectating.
I remember a couple of years ago. it just seemed more exciting to watch.

although I must say that watching reinhart drive was something to behold. His car looked as though it was in slow motion, as he lead the field. his driving style was so smoooth.

but I think Ive seen enough, it still was not so exciting as to watch, notwithstanding the faster times. as a racer, although not fast, I prefer to be racing and will find a race next to and go racing. sorry about rufling you feathers just because I had an opinion.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Are there any final invite class results?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.