U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 11-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daign
My TT01 based 68 camaro built to resemble my 69. I'm waiting for HPI to release the 69 body so I can do a real replica down to the wheels....

The inspiration. My TA inspired 69.

And its no garage queen.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Defiantly need more of this!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My TT01 based 68 camaro built to resemble my 69. I'm waiting for HPI to release the 69 body so I can do a real replica down to the wheels....
Nice Camaro, makes me miss my '69 . . .

Last edited by kwkride; 11-16-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default The true definiton of FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation, or both. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes, people are free to come to this forum and criticize the choices made by those who make the rules.

We are free to tell you to be quiet and go somewhere else.

What's humorous is the reaction of people who don't like to be told 'No, these are the rules. You have X number of OTHER onroad classes where you can participate. Stop complaining.'
Old 11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
We are free to tell you to be quiet and go somewhere else.

What's humorous is the reaction of people who don't like to be told 'No, these are the rules. You have X number of OTHER onroad classes where you can participate. Stop complaining.'
+100
Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

2 things:
Novak made the 25.5, and it was adopted due to their record of excellent customer service, their willingness to allow "upgrade" or "trade -in" exchanges on motors, and the fact that they don't introduce new motors every 6 months and get rid of the current line. This class needs stability. The reason no other motors are allowed is the motor-of-the-week syndrome. As soon as someone starts winning with another motor, everyone feels they must buy that motor, warranted or not. That is not what Trans Am is about.

The other thing is that a huge amount of people cannot stand being told what to do vis-a-vis rules. Unfortunately, we need rules otherwise this will be yet another out of control class. I am sorry if this is offensive to you, but there have to be limits.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation, or both. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".
complaining about VTA rules is a hate crime. I hate it.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

I challenge any of you to show me where I have contested or argued about the rules!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yawn...what I miss?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default you missed this

Originally Posted by BATTMAN
oh also, hopefully we will not run all VTA's in the same main again...track is a little tight for that...to many different driving styles and experience...dont want to sour anybodies fun to soon..lol...
again I'll reiterate VTA is a slow class that you might get bashed wither unintentional or out of the drivers wanting something that is not so serious as TC. Plus understand IF you want to be serious about a class and RACE please step up to TC. If you don't like getting punted sometime several times in one lap stay out of VTA. I tell the same thing to the slash stock guys and when I ran it I got bashed by less experienced drivers and accepted it. I want you guys to have fun in the class but you can't go off complaining if someone less experienced takes you out. now if batboy does it to you peel him I do, but I won't do it in touring car there is a difference.

ALSO from the VTA site

http://usvintagetransam.com/

Welcome to the home for the newly created Vintage T/A 1/10th scale R/C road racing class, based on 4wd touring cars. The class rules are developed to provide close racing with controlled chassis, battery, motor, tire and body specifications. The goal of the VTA class is to bring back awesome looking cars in a cost controlled racing format where the result is just plain fun. The speed of the specification package brings close and competitive racing for sportsman, intermediate and experienced hobbyist that rewards driver development.

With a decline in all R/C racing in recent years, racing needs a big shot of fun and excitement--and this is the perfect class. Far more reasonable speeds, low costs, realistic and exciting looking bodies, wheels and tires, less traction and wheel-to-wheel action drive this class. It IS the next big thing. It's appealing not only to spectators, but to new and old racers, alike. For a low initial cost, any prospective Trans-Am racer can get a car, a radio and be racing with very little time or effort. And the fact is that racers who have never raced before can be on the same level playing field as everyone else, and really enjoy doing so.

TNOS

I posted this on my tracks forum. was I off base or too harsh?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can't wait to start racing VTA again. The new MI1 should make a great platform. VTA is relaxing AND thrilling at the same time since the racing is usually pretty close. Never had so much fun or frustration actually being able to SEE the changes in performance when you dial in the chassis.
Long live VTA !!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

this threads a giant trolling/pissing match about rules?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
again I'll reiterate VTA is a slow class that you might get bashed wither unintentional or out of the drivers wanting something that is not so serious as TC. Plus understand IF you want to be serious about a class and RACE please step up to TC. If you don't like getting punted sometime several times in one lap stay out of VTA. I tell the same thing to the slash stock guys and when I ran it I got bashed by less experienced drivers and accepted it. I want you guys to have fun in the class but you can't go off complaining if someone less experienced takes you out. now if batboy does it to you peel him I do, but I won't do it in touring car there is a difference.

ALSO from the VTA site

http://usvintagetransam.com/

Welcome to the home for the newly created Vintage T/A 1/10th scale R/C road racing class, based on 4wd touring cars. The class rules are developed to provide close racing with controlled chassis, battery, motor, tire and body specifications. The goal of the VTA class is to bring back awesome looking cars in a cost controlled racing format where the result is just plain fun. The speed of the specification package brings close and competitive racing for sportsman, intermediate and experienced hobbyist that rewards driver development.

With a decline in all R/C racing in recent years, racing needs a big shot of fun and excitement--and this is the perfect class. Far more reasonable speeds, low costs, realistic and exciting looking bodies, wheels and tires, less traction and wheel-to-wheel action drive this class. It IS the next big thing. It's appealing not only to spectators, but to new and old racers, alike. For a low initial cost, any prospective Trans-Am racer can get a car, a radio and be racing with very little time or effort. And the fact is that racers who have never raced before can be on the same level playing field as everyone else, and really enjoy doing so.

TNOS

I posted this on my tracks forum. was I off base or too harsh?
VTA HATER!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

didnt notice...seems we are all have a Monday on Tuesday....

screw that...How was everybody VTA racing this weekend...

ours was good....alot of guys are stepping up to challenge everyweek..
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Yes but it comes down to Rob King rules. If you run the true rules you should follow them. but then again your track my vary. personally if you can get everybody running the true rules I think it's a better deal and has less headaches for the tracks race director. and in my case that would be me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.