Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
AI, Rapid boy, and AMG need to be the R40 Dream team.
Rapid boy.... I think you meant Rapid Roy..

yeah its too bad there isn't more support for the R40.. it seems that if your not running kyosho or mugen then your out of the mainstream.....
thats fine for someone thats been racing for a while and dont need as much parts support or help with setup.. but for the new guy getting into racing its a big deal to be able to get that help from someone at the track with the same kit.....
thats why I switched to a mtx-3...
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Sry...I'm still not awake yet...lol
Old 05-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Sry...I'm still not awake yet...lol
Old 05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
If you ever see a shop with Kawahara wheel nuts for sale you can get them for around $4 and they are the "toothed" items you are looking for. Otherwise any ID 5mm flange nut with a toothed inner face will work, you can sometimes find them at hardware shops. Or otherwise the MTX4 wheelnuts come toothed stock now as well.

I love mine, they never back out even slightly.
Yeah that reminds me , do you know of any shops with them. Ive been looking for awhile , couldnt fine one so I figured I try this. Also what are they made of.

Yeah I noticed a few companies have em stock.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Battery pack

Does anyone know of a site that will ship a battery pack for R40 2005/hara adition worldwide?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah that reminds me , do you know of any shops with them. Ive been looking for awhile , couldnt fine one so I figured I try this. Also what are they made of.

Yeah I noticed a few companies have em stock.
I got mine locally over here so I cant really help you too much. I believe the mugen ones are steel and the kawahara ones are aluminium, but I cant guarantee thats right.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Your more than right. The carbon rods where like an unfinished wood. Very bumpy , the rears when first inserted completely binded the suspension. It was hard to just slide them in.

I had to sand them and polish them , brought it around completely. They went from a dark grey to a polish black. But if they crack within a few laps on a slight tap...at least it seemed to be.

I would figure its not going to be a reliable part. Darn shame too, It was going to loose me 15 grams.

I would have been at 1615 total weight. With even 8 HD Body clips and all.
I would have never thought that you could polish it. Amazing.

You will notice that some people are using arrow shafts for buggy parts, like fore/aft braces and linkages and such. They are ultra durable along their length, but they hate side hits............. That is a damn shame cause they would be WAY cool to use.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

to you guys that converted the r40 to 05 specs....or the ones that have it....besides the obvious things I need...are there any new plastic trees I need ..or parts that aren't on the 04..(you know..holders for battery....covers,steering linkage parts,etc.....)..anyone have a PDF of any addendum sheets...or did they do a whole new manual...thank you as always..
Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Fast harry do you still race at Nanuet? What was their site? Do they run any other classes?
Old 05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we'll probably start running in another month....everyone invited....nitro touring is slowing down in this area..so new faces are welcome...I'll keep everyone posted.....nitro touring only...(we might run a little electric stuff depending on turnout,...)
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Roger that. It is like carbon fibre arrow shafts. They are light and have high lengthwise strength, but their lateral strength is quite low as it is not required in the application. Same with carbon plate for electric cars, very strong on the flat face, but a reasonable side on hit will crack it fairly easily.

The other thing that bothers me with carbon shafts is that I always polish my steel ones to make them nice and smooth. Carbon I would think would be more rough and increase "sticktion"? Or perhaps I am wrong?
C'mon; what about CF 1/12 axles, Golf clubs, fishing rods, etc. Only way to truly tell is test it..
Old 05-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OB42TC3
C'mon; what about CF 1/12 axles, Golf clubs, fishing rods, etc. Only way to truly tell is test it..
All these things do not take a sharp whack sideways, and when they do they break!! Try it out........ Its the shear stregth thats lacking not flexibility or rigidity which there is plenty of. I have broken my fair share of RC12 rear axles............
Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone know where to get a few good set-up sheets for the R40...HPI's site doesnt have much. I would like to have these for base lines

Thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Also was wondering if anyone is having problems with there diffs leaking...I can seem to keep fluid in mine. Thanks for the info
Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BallPy
Also was wondering if anyone is having problems with there diffs leaking...I can seem to keep fluid in mine. Thanks for the info
its a common problem..... use gaket sealer on it.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.