Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World GT setups for 10r5, genx10 and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

drove my new 10r5 tonight for the first time and i am not hooked. the driving is complete opposite of my 13.5 rubber TC...but i will give it time and see how i like it. only had 2 runs tonight.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ran mine lastweek and loved it. i will be racing this class for a long time.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt d
ran mine lastweek and loved it. i will be racing this class for a long time.
Hey Matt, Are they racing WGT at the Track?

I've been racing this all season with 1/12 down at Jtec. The WGT is the most fun class I ever raced in. It's almost as fast as 1/12 and the tire wear is negligible (unless you crash bad and chunk it).

I like the new link style chassis, they don't tweak like the T-bars did.

Dave K
Old 02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thomas, i bet your lap times will be faster and more consistent with that WGT car than your touring car will be. you are used to the rip that a 2s lipo gives. you know i dont care for the 1s but it is what it is. the key with this car to fast,consistent laptimes, is making your lines flow to keep up momentum,2wd pan car driving is different from TC. i managed 10.1 with mine last nite even with that slow ass SPX speedo in there. your car was fast, you dont think it is fast because it isnt sliding around and spinning the tires, you have more than enough traction, the car is soooo much easier to drive and it makes it less work. give it a little while, my 12th is quicker, but man is the WGT easier to drive on our currently bumpy track. patience, young jedi.....
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

World GT 13.5 1S is as fast as Rubber Sedan 13.5 2S. If you want to go fast w/o being on the edge of grip all the time, try WGT.

Our current track is pretty fast, being about 1/2 an oval. While the Sedan's have a power advantage, the WGT cars just blow the Sedan's away on the infield.

Basically these are full bodied 1/12 cars, just stretched and widened, with the weight only being 930 grams total compared to most sedans being over 1300 grams on skinnier and less grippy rubber tires.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
there are already crc genx10 and 10r5 threads.
2wdrive, do you have so massive a desire to have your ego stroked that whnever someone wants to start a discussion about WGT (or 10th pan cars in general) that you have to make some smarmy comment in hopes of freezing the discussion? The guy couldnt find anything and so he decided to start something up and now someone stepped up and pointed him in the right direction. No need to look down your nose at him
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Hey Matt, Are they racing WGT at the Track?

I've been racing this all season with 1/12 down at Jtec. The WGT is the most fun class I ever raced in. It's almost as fast as 1/12 and the tire wear is negligible (unless you crash bad and chunk it).

I like the new link style chassis, they don't tweak like the T-bars did.

Dave K
Link suspension fo' life, baby!!! Far easier to dial in and maintain.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawirider
thomas, i bet your lap times will be faster and more consistent with that WGT car than your touring car will be. you are used to the rip that a 2s lipo gives. you know i dont care for the 1s but it is what it is. the key with this car to fast,consistent laptimes, is making your lines flow to keep up momentum,2wd pan car driving is different from TC. i managed 10.1 with mine last nite even with that slow ass SPX speedo in there. your car was fast, you dont think it is fast because it isnt sliding around and spinning the tires, you have more than enough traction, the car is soooo much easier to drive and it makes it less work. give it a little while, my 12th is quicker, but man is the WGT easier to drive on our currently bumpy track. patience, young jedi.....
Couldn't say it any better myself - think "pan car version of VTA" while driving these cars. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING tightens your lines like learning how to drive a pan car at any speed...
Old 02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
2wdrive, do you have so massive a desire to have your ego stroked that whnever someone wants to start a discussion about WGT (or 10th pan cars in general) that you have to make some smarmy comment in hopes of freezing the discussion? The guy couldnt find anything and so he decided to start something up and now someone stepped up and pointed him in the right direction. No need to look down your nose at him
I was only pointing out that there are already brand related threads on here that is all, someone put the link here to the WGT thread, nothing wrong or smart to point out that there are already threads for those brands or class. I have no idea where your next lines comes from or what you are emplying but it is your own imagination.

By the way, i drive 200mm pancar indoors and 235mm pancar outdoors in the summer, what do you drive?

Last edited by 2wdrive; 02-19-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

There is a new player in the foamtire world. Exceed is producing 1/10 pancar tires now.

http://www.xceedrc.com/
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was only pointing out that there are already brand related threads on here that is all, someone put the link here to the WGT thread, nothing wrong or smart to point out that there are already threads for those brands or class. I have no idea where your next lines comes from or what you are emplying but it is your own imagination.

By the way, i drive 200mm pancar indoors and 235mm pancar outdoors in the summer, what do you drive?
Ive tried 4wd touring car, had a 235mm car back in the early 2000s and now Im working on getting a CRC Pantoura up and running for WGT. Its not easy as Lynchburg, VA isnt exactly a burgeoning RC mecca (there is a hobby shop near where I go to school but it isnt very big and there are no onroad tracks within a short drive and the only RC track within a decent drive closed down a couple years ago)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

There is a new player in the foamtire world. Exceed is producing 1/10 pancar tires now.

http://www.xceedrc.com/
Are you sure? Those look identical to the Jaco WGT wheel, carbon fiber print on the face too. Wouldn't be surprised if they are just buying Jaco's and rebranding them.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

what i read is that they will first use the jaco rims and later exceed will use there own rims. But it is only what i have red. I cannot verify that.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

well, one thing is that our track is a little rough right now. we are going to doa sub floor to straighten it up a little, but for now i just need to get this thing working a little better on the rough sections. it was very easy to drive last nite as i didnt have the speedo turned up yet or anything. we have a 90x45 track with smaller lanes and fairly tight infield. i had the thick shim back and the skinny shim in the front on the front caster adjustment with 5 deg reactive in there too. you could really hear the tires working hard onthe carpet this way and was a little too hooked up.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Running at VTA body- I did that 2 years ago trying to get things going down here.I ran a Cuda and my buddy ran a Mustang.Then when the real bodies came out at got the Sophie GT.Tried the vette amonth ago and went back to the Sophie GT.
As for the links and T-bars I still prefer the T bar.But I've presently got a links and converted my other T-bar car to a links.Just waiting for something special to be made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.