Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy to match Driving Style

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
No the Losi is cheaper than Mugen. You can get a Losi 2.0 race roller for $500 + $8 shipping at nitrohouse, while the Mugen M-Spec race roller is $540 + shipping at amainhobbies. The 2.0 comes with Losi wheels and XBT tires which are surprizingly good.

I bought my original 8ight from somebody who bought it used, from somebody who bought it used. The original mach 427 (started life as a RTR) was pinched 3 times and still runs good, so say 8 gallons a pinch times 2 (just got another pinch) is approx. 16 gallons (I ran it for 10 gallons), 2 gallons from a modded 427 and 3 gallons from a v-spec. Yes, I know, I run way too much. And I havent replaced a drivetrain part yet.

The main thing is, you haven't driven a Losi. Don't bag on it until you have tried it. I have nothing bad to say about the Mugen, other than Losi is more popular than Mugen around here so parts are much more readily available.
yeah chris. if i can get one at theat price, i might go ahead and get one. Either that or a mbx6t
Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
yeah chris. if i can get one at theat price, i might go ahead and get one. Either that or a mbx6t
As much as I like the new 2.0, it is alot easier to run 1 brand than 2. Not to mention much less expensive as you don't need 2 boxes of everything (screws and spare parts).
Old 12-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dude seriously maybe u cant read or see but i use periods and commas.

sounds like your name should be tc5 kid.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hyper 9 is a fun car, not too spendy either
Old 12-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now i know im not an expert but i do know this. i have ran Jammin, Losi, And Associated.. and the jammins are tough little rigs i could drive it hard and it would take it.. but like they stated before its a forgiveing car to a smooth driver and will bite a sloppy one like me.. it tought me to be more smooth... the losi was the same way.. so both of them got sold.. then i bought the team AE and i fell in love with it.. i could over jump, take a corner too hard and it just took it and never asked questions.. i still have to stay smooth but if i get out of my groove one lap it wont punish me like the other two did.. its by far my fav car to run.. since i currently have 3 buggies, 2 nitro one e-buggy and 3 truggies 2 nitro one e-truggy i have all my local tracks coverd they both do really well on packed indoor tight tracks and out door wide open loose track.. but AE and losi dominate around here.... GOOD LUCK
Old 12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

thanks for the good info. I'm from the UK and a lot of my racing is on astro turf.

The rc8b and losi over here has the best parts service so it will be one of those, also A.E are really good for posting all there lastest set-ups here in the uk.

just one last question, which requires the least setting up or changing from track to track?

Cheers again
Old 12-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Once you've got a good base set-up for a particular surface with any car you don't have to change to much on them. Like you said, over here in the UK the AE team are extremely good at posting set-ups and are even more friendly when you ask for advice in person. Saying that the Losi team are also but i've never run a Losi...... ewwww lol. Both very good cars but i like blue