Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ashford Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

I agree -- great guy, knows his stuff! Some of us no longer have local shops and race in large parking lots
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

I believe in supproting my LHS, but Ashford and a few other shops have very hard to find parts. Robert KNOWS R/C racing...period! My local LHS is a franchise and is a glorified toy store. Many people that work there know little to nothing about R/C racing.

Guys with the names like Robert, Lee, Richie and others, who own and operate R/C race shops makes our hobby that much more successful and fun!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I believe in supproting my LHS, but Ashford and a few other shops have very hard to find parts. Robert KNOWS R/C racing...period! My local LHS is a franchise and is a glorified toy store. Many people that work there know little to nothing about R/C racing.

Guys with the names like Robert, Lee, Richie and others, who own and operate R/C race shops makes our hobby that much more successful and fun!
You tell'em H.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I just got off the phone with Robert all I can say is AWSOME!!! He got things worked out so I can race our proseries race this weekend in KC.

Thanks Robert. May we should say he is our nationwide lhs.

My local hobby shop is HobbyTown. There corparate headquarters is here as this is where they started that being said there store is setup as the model of what all there stores "should" be like which would be a like the previous poster said a glorified toy store. Furthermore I have spent more there with special orders fuel tires glow plugs that kind of stuff over the past five years than I have ever online. Now that I am concentrating with on-road I have to find another route to get the parts i need which would be Robert.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

I've done business with Robert for several years now, and he's done nothing but a fantastic job! And is the only online shop I recommend when asked where to get RC items!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm not sure what Robert told me he likes better......

100 Monday morning "I smashed my car in 1000 pieces" phone calls, or the 100 Friday afternoon "I need it by tomorrow morning" calls

I try my best to avoid the Monday/Friday rushes, but he gets the orders pumped out whenever you call.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Well I just got off the phone with Robert all I can say is AWSOME!!! He got things worked out so I can race our proseries race this weekend in KC.

Thanks Robert. May we should say he is our nationwide lhs.

My local hobby shop is HobbyTown. There corparate headquarters is here as this is where they started that being said there store is setup as the model of what all there stores "should" be like which would be a like the previous poster said a glorified toy store. Furthermore I have spent more there with special orders fuel tires glow plugs that kind of stuff over the past five years than I have ever online. Now that I am concentrating with on-road I have to find another route to get the parts i need which would be Robert.

I too have a number of experiences where Ashford has always come through for me. Always reliable...

However, I must disagree with Huskerfreaks post about their HobbyTown being a glorified toy store (assuming this comment is about Omaha's HobbyTown). I've traveled to quite a few places over the years, and I must say that Omaha's HobbyTown is probably THE best carpet racing facility I've ever been too. They may not have the gas car stuff in inventory (serpent, mugen, delta, etc), but they've got a ton of sedan and off-road stuff. This carpet facility is second to none...
Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Bigger plug plz.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fuelgun
I too have a number of experiences where Ashford has always come through for me. Always reliable...

However, I must disagree with Huskerfreaks post about their HobbyTown being a glorified toy store (assuming this comment is about Omaha's HobbyTown). I've traveled to quite a few places over the years, and I must say that Omaha's HobbyTown is probably THE best carpet racing facility I've ever been too. They may not have the gas car stuff in inventory (serpent, mugen, delta, etc), but they've got a ton of sedan and off-road stuff. This carpet facility is second to none...
Sorry I guess I shouldn't assume that all them are the same as the Lincoln stores. The Lincoln stores are more your toy slash magic card slash back yard basher store.

Now the Omaha HobbyTown that is different. Like John was saying this is one of if the nicest carpet tracks in the country. With one of the most well stock hobbyshop's for your electric on road and off road as well as every offroad part you can think of. I shouldn't have stereo typed or made it sound like all of the HT. By the way the Omaha HT is having one of the off-road pro series race later this fall. And for all you winter carpet racers I think this might be one of the best tracks you have to go to for a big race. Believe me you will not regret the trip.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xrcbuggy
Bigger plug plz.

Is that BIG enough??
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uncle Tom
What about supporting your LHS and track
Ashford Hobby specializes in nitro racing. He carries a lot of stuff hobby shops have trouble keeping in stock. Just ask anyone about stocking Serpent! Robert loves 1/8 on road, and does everything he can to keep that racing going.

My first experience with Robert was at the 2002 Region 1 race at 106 Racepark in New Hampshire. Right next to his pit area he had practically an entire hobby shop of parts available for the racers. He made several recommendations for my car (did I mention I was TQ in 235mm 4wd?). The cool part was instead of shelling out every time I needed something, he kept a tab all weekend, and we settled at the end of the race. This is something I've only seen at full scale races. PS Thanks to my friends who wanted to leave a paid in full receipt on my pit table for an 1/8 scale car with the words "Don't show this to his wife!" in big letters!

Robert supports our hobby in ways we can only dream of.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got to say also, Robert is the BEST. Freindly service, good advice, always willing to help whether on the phone or email.

Thanks Robert

I also support the local lhs here. but when they don't have the parts I need, I go to Ashford and Robert
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Been dealing with Robert for about 5 years and have always had great help Keep up the good work Robert ....Your the greatest.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I agree, Ashford's the place to get your RC "fix"...and Robert's a damn good pit man too!

On-line ordering is e-a-s-y and you know that "what you order is what you get", thanks to his real-time inventory and ridiculous work ethic.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

From Big races to small races you will see Robert' what can i say' He always support this hobby, I'm just a lucky person that i met this guy personally at Greatlakes challenge last year, and he is also a good announcer' he'he'he'
Thanks for helping me out Robert'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.