Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: ps12

Originally posted by Speedypeterb
hey guys has anyone had the ps12 in a yokomo yet and if so any problems that I may need to know about next week. Peter

No words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default PM box is too small!!!

My PM box is empty again.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Congratulation Chris ( Kitracer) with great result !!!!!
He set up new track record ( lap time) in Hong Kong.
He was using IFMAR legal version of Palmaris PS12 against outlaw MAXs, JPs, NSRs etc.
Way to go Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Way to go. Can't wait to get one. Can others share their expirances with the engine. I have a Ft ntc3 just waiting for an engine.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Hey is there a website about your engine that i can check out? Where could I buy it?
Old 06-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Techart27
Hey is there a website about your engine that i can check out? Where could I buy it?
No website yet. Just waiting for everything to be sorted out and finalised before putting up a website of any type.

You will need to contact TopGun regarding getting an engine.

[email protected]
Old 06-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
No website yet. Just waiting for everything to be sorted out and finalised before putting up a website of any type.

You will need to contact TopGun regarding getting an engine.

[email protected]
AAhhh...not yet??

I think this motor has proven it's self!!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Congratulation Chris ( Kitracer) with great result !!!!!
He set up new track record ( lap time) in Hong Kong.
He was using IFMAR legal version of Palmaris PS12 against outlaw MAXs, JPs, NSRs etc.
Way to go Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks TG for the great engine.

I set the best lap time at 13.94, with few other at 13.95 and 13.98. so far I am the only one break the 14sec per lap. so I am very happy.

I was using 20% odonnel, "Charge" pipe ( 5.mm) on MTX3 (21/60 & 27/54)

I will try it on 710 this weekend on a bigger track to see how the PS12 agaist the MAX 15 7ports
Old 06-16-2004, 09:39 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Default Top Gun

Looks like the Palmaris PS12 is getting faster and faster

Good job
Old 06-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Top Gun

Originally posted by wad
Looks like the Palmaris PS12 is getting faster and faster

Good job
It is not getting, it is fast, just need ......................., that is all. Chris did it!!! and you will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding. PS12 has different type of tunning. Ones you tune it according to recomendations-it is realllyyyyy fast thing, but if you will try on it apply Novas based tuning techniques, it will not be very fast. This engine has different design and it is required to run much leaner on the bottom. It is related to timing on induction and temperature transfer rates all around the engine.
Pretty easy and totaly different from conventional desings.
Just for instance, ones it tuned right, head ( glow plug area) temperature is about 230-240 but bottom part of cyinder and crancase never reach even 190-so , whatever has to be hot is hot, and whatever has to be cold is cold.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 06-17-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ed, do you have any P/S sets for .12 available right now? I might need one in a soon. PM with prize, please.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Ed, trying to reach you but, your pm box is full.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Hi Ed, trying to reach you but, your pm box is full.
Sorry about that, PM box too small and getting full too fast. Now it is clean again.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ps12

Hi Edward and everyone else out there! Just wanted to post my results from the weekend. I have the gt4s yok and had no problem fitting in the ps12. my results are not quite as impressive as Chris's, but am very happy with the all around performance of the engine. there was no quiker car on the track but we all know the car has to be set and the driver has to drive it properly. with that said i qualified third in the a-main. In the main we got off to a rough start , nobody started in their alotted positions, basically a free forall I ran third most of the first 5 minutes but when everyone else pitted, i just kept racing since i can get about 6and half minutes or more of run time, this allowes you to pit later and if its only ten minute main you don't have to take all the time to fill it up when you do pit just a little over half a tank to finish the race. that put me up a half a lap after pitting. with two minutes left my car died, my first thought was he didn't give me enough fuel in the pit, but came to find out the receiver pack was low.
Hopefully next results will be complete Thanks again Edward will call you this week and good luck to all talk later Peter
Old 06-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: ps12

Originally posted by Speedypeterb
Hi Edward and everyone else out there! Just wanted to post my results from the weekend. I have the gt4s yok and had no problem fitting in the ps12. my results are not quite as impressive as Chris's, but am very happy with the all around performance of the engine. there was no quiker car on the track but we all know the car has to be set and the driver has to drive it properly. with that said i qualified third in the a-main. In the main we got off to a rough start , nobody started in their alotted positions, basically a free forall I ran third most of the first 5 minutes but when everyone else pitted, i just kept racing since i can get about 6and half minutes or more of run time, this allowes you to pit later and if its only ten minute main you don't have to take all the time to fill it up when you do pit just a little over half a tank to finish the race. that put me up a half a lap after pitting. with two minutes left my car died, my first thought was he didn't give me enough fuel in the pit, but came to find out the receiver pack was low.
Hopefully next results will be complete Thanks again Edward will call you this week and good luck to all talk later Peter
Hmm. Shoot the kids. They turned the charger off. Give me a shout when your online again. Couple of things to talk about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.