Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Rally Car Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Rally Car Racing

This thread will be used to help promote and start a Traxxas Rally car series.
Our goal is to turn this fun lil car into a class that gets more people into the hobby.. I've been able to turn a stock rally car into a fun street racer with lil to no upgrades... " Ruber or Foam Tires $20-30 bucks. Stiffer Springs $ 8 bucks. Re-position stock links to lower ride height $ Free, 10kdiff fluid in Shocks $ 5 bucks, 19t pinnion for small tracks $ 4 bucks in total $37-45 bucks and your set up.... We use a cut down wing from the Losi B22 for added downforce...Optional.....

Only rule is stock Traxxas motor and ESC. We want to keep the racing fun and easy for newbies and pros.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rally! Cool. I've always loved rc rally
Old 07-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

any pic's what size is the car 1/18 1/10, been considering converting a 1/10 touring car to rally speck.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is mine http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...128_134138.jpg. rpm knuckles are so much more durable than the stock ones, they don't develop slop. To be driven quickly it also needs a center diff, its just too short.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big paul
any pic's what size is the car 1/18 1/10, been considering converting a 1/10 touring car to rally speck.
I would classify it as 1/12, but Traxxas calls it 1/16. But how can a monster truck (mini Summit) be the same size as a For Fiesta?

I personally think this car belongs in this forum, though it seems to be brought up in the Mini Scale forum mostly.

Back to the topic, In Houston, the class is growing bigger and bigger. Most of use run the factory ESC and motor. We don't make it a true rule because we want to encourage the Traxxas Rally racing circuit to grow, but it seems to be understood that you shouldn't change those two components.

Here's some 2S racing on a small cement track
Here's some 3S racing on a large asphalt track

This is mine.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

1/12 scale Mini, cup racer, the VM2 and ABC cars all have the same wheelbase and width than the Traxxas Rally.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by reggiehamilton
Re-position stock links to lower ride height $ Free
I really like the idea of doing some racing with the KB or Rally. Unfortunately here in the center of Europe these cars are not so popular at the moment, but maybe this will change . Nevertheless I would like to get the best possible performance from my KB and would like to harden the suspension. Unfortunately until now I could not find helpful information about changing the rocker rate front and rear. Can you give me some tips or have a link to a site which explains the modifications or what after market rocker arms offer what rates?
Thanks !
Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iPearl
1/12 scale Mini, cup racer, the VM2 and ABC cars all have the same wheelbase and width than the Traxxas Rally.
The Traxxas is a LOT wider.

Good luck with the class. Anything that gets new people into racing is worth doing.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHsu...e_gdata_player

Not to many racers here on this day, my servo was having issues returning to center. This was with the stock chassis, foam tires and sway bars.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

For the last two summers we have a good class of Traxxas Rallies at the parking lot races at the Hobbytown USA in St. Charles, IL. We have had from 5 to 8 cars with mix of drivers of all ages. They're a lot of fun, fast and durable. The only complaints I have heard are about the servo in the more recent models. Mine is a conversion of a 1/16 Slash and I am still running the same servo, which is 3 or 4 years old. I have heard the newer versions of the servo are not as good. The hobby shop doesn't recommend replacing a broken servo with a Traxxas. Getting the cars to handle more like a touring car is a little tricky. Of course tires are a big facto.