Savox Black edition 1258 servo
Tuning Haus lightweight rear axles
Associated Brass Weights
Has optional Sway bars installed
Have all the pills for toe blocks.

Car is setup for high grip crc carpet
Very easy to drive, handles great.
You wont be disappointed

Only trade interested in is a iCharger 406 duo PLUS CASH or 2017 Xray XB2 carpet edition PLUS CASH. SOLD SOLD SOLd
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC7.1-20170223_195312-360x640-360x640-.jpg   Team Associated TC7.1-20170223_195408-640x360-.jpg   Team Associated TC7.1-20170223_195358-640x360-.jpg   Team Associated TC7.1-20170223_195341-360x640-.jpg  

Last edited by JEFFs SC10; 02-23-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

PM sent.

I got the car today... not real happy. Add says like brand new, but its pretty used. Chassis is pretty worn, full set of sway bars is not there, body washers not there, something is bound up in the drive train, and the brass weight set is not complete like you said. Outdrives are shot, too long of a ball stud was installed in rear bulk head and wore a groove in the outdrive - no clue how you even ran the car this way, but someone did.

Dave

Last edited by CRFXXXT; 02-27-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

well no use in responding to the PM since you said the same thing here so I'll respond it since you are making it public.

Ad says approx 3 months old so there will be some wear n tear , It worked fine for me, even before I took the electronics off, and I never had a binding in the drivetrain issue. . Brass weights were installed on the aluminum and graphite chassis, the pictures show them. You can use body clips as body washers.

I thought I packed both sway bar bags but I found the other bag of sway bars , I'll stick them in the mail.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

There is no way you ran this car the way it sits. The drive train literally doesn't move.

Yes, the 10G weights are on the chassis, but the 20G weights are not included - hence not a full kit.

I would prefer to keep it public, as the car I received is clearly not the car that is described and while I have never had this happen to me, I have seen it many times and it generally does not end well for the buyer.

I would appreciate a refund, this car is not what I expected, nor was it even close to the description "its like brand new and well taken care of". It may be 3 months old, but it is clearly not like brand new, nor taken care of.

I can post pictures of the car if you would like, however I think you know what it looks like.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Just a heads up to anyone looking to purchase from him in future:

He was completely unwilling to work out any of this, his exact quote in text was:
"(1/2)
I sent what was advertised. It's not my fault if you thought it was brand new when clearly the ad said it was 3 months old.
I'm sending you the other pa
(2/2) ck of sways and thats it."

I filed a paypal claim this morning and I will let them handle it.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Here is a picture... If this looks "like brand new and well taken care of" to anyone, please let me know. Notice the extra long ball stud used in the bulkhead that has ground a groove in the outdrive. It is still binding the drive train, so you ran it this way, but apparently not for long:

Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yikes
CRFXXXT likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
Here is a picture... If this looks "like brand new and well taken care of" to anyone, please let me know. Notice the extra long ball stud used in the bulkhead that has ground a groove in the outdrive. It is still binding the drive train, so you ran it this way, but apparently not for long:

That's pretty bad actually - The very least, the out-drives should be replaced along with the correct ball studs for the upper link.

I have a TC6.1 WC (can't even tell you how old - years though) that was run on old gray carpet as well (can see all the fuzzies) and it's taken care of. Just replaced all 4 bulkheads... just because. It doesn't look like the carpet fuzz has been removed in 3 months on that car.
I had been keenly watching this ad because I'm wanting to pick up a 7.1, glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one. Sorry for the bad exchange, hopefully paypal and/or the buyer will come to terms with it.

I'm always leery when "like new" is included with a used RC car. I prefer "clean and maintained"... I know it's not new.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've done the too long of ball stud and have had it rub the outdrive. Really no big deal. Some rub marks on the outside of the outdrives does not hurt them one bit. Just put a shorter ball stud in there or put a shim in there to lower the roll center some. I don't run carpet, but just because there are carpet fibers there doesn't mean the car is junk. Personally I'd keep the car.

Oh, one other thing you could do, looks like he's running the highest setting on the cam position. Most factory drivers are running medium low. Go to that setting and you won't rub the outdrives.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How much do you want for it?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

It's not a matter of if the car is use able or not, it's the fact that it was listed "like brand new", and clearly it is not like brand new.

I am well aware of what is needed to make this car right, but that isn't the point.

I paid 385, if someone wants it for 385 let me know, if not I'll let PayPal handle the refund dispute and just get my money back.

Fyi, this is only 1 picture, the graphite chassis is quite worn, razor blade on the edges, the droop screw holes are 1.5 mil deep.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I've done the too long of ball stud and have had it rub the outdrive. Really no big deal. Some rub marks on the outside of the outdrives does not hurt them one bit. Just put a shorter ball stud in there or put a shim in there to lower the roll center some. I don't run carpet, but just because there are carpet fibers there doesn't mean the car is junk. Personally I'd keep the car.

Oh, one other thing you could do, looks like he's running the highest setting on the cam position. Most factory drivers are running medium low. Go to that setting and you won't rub the outdrives.
That's not the point, the ballstud and outdrive issue was not disclosed in the add, thus needs to be addressed.
CRFXXXT likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AZJP
That's not the point, the ballstud and outdrive issue was not disclosed in the add, thus needs to be addressed.
Bingo!
Old 02-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl

It is kind-of a big deal. There should be a 1mm blue washer in all four corners under the ball studs (per the build instructions)... car was "possibly not built correctly. And I didn't say it was junk, but with that "thicket" of carpet fibers wrapped around the outdrives I seriously doubt it was WELL maintained.

And I would be happy to have the car, it's not like it's not salvageable or anything - but from that 1 pic alone it IS NOT in like NEW condition. That was my point, my 4-5 year old 6.1 looks better than that. That's all I was saying. And I think that's the buyer's point - car did not come to him "as described".
CRFXXXT, ThePanda and honda1 like this.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Carpet fibers? Is that an issue? A slight rub on the outdrives. I'm guessing he built it with the kit setup but had some handling issues so went to the higher roll center. Then he tried the higher rear diff and he just didn't notice that there was a slight rub on the outdrives. Doesn't mean he didn't take good care of the car. And rubs on the bottom of the graphite chassis, pretty normal. I just think there are some very picky people out there.
mooby64 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.