What battery should i use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What battery should i use?

Okay so i have just bought the following items

1. FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 79P-GT3B-CarRadio-LCD

2. HobbyWing EZRUN Brushless 07E-EZRUN-Combo
System Combo B1 w/ 35A ESC and 13T@3000KV 3650M Brushless Motor 1/10 on-road racing

and i am wondering what battery i should use to the the maximum performance out of it, i know its a slower motor and ecs, but this is for my brother to practice later on i will buy a stronger motor for the ecs.

thanks and if you have any idea let me know.

link to the motor and ECS combo :http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-...tem-combo.html

some videos of the ecs and motor on a stampede i found.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

What car?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

im running it on a older TL-01 4 wheel drive, then i am getting a whole new roller chassis to throw it all on once he gets good.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

no one at all???
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If its only for your little brother practicing and getting used to the car, you don't need to be blowing big bucks on batteries. 40 c rate or something like that should be enough. Better to get a few middle class batteries than only one really good one. I'm sure your lil bro is more concerned about just racing the car and not getting every ounce of performance out of it.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

yea well once i get a rc car since i have drove i am going to get a brush-less VXl system in a rc car for me, i just need a enough power for him to be able to spin the tires to drift only thing im wanting to be sure it can do.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftSesh
yea well once i get a rc car since i have drove i am going to get a brush-less VXl system in a rc car for me, i just need a enough power for him to be able to spin the tires to drift only thing im wanting to be sure it can do.
I'm not sure you understand how little amount of power you need to actually
"spin the tyres".

Drifting is done with plastic tyres that offer very little grip. It's like driving on ice. The 13T hobbywing system you have is more then enough power. And by the way, the videos you linked are not using the same motor as you. The system you've picked is what we use here for a control setup for mini racing. The 13T 3000KV motor with the 35a ESC.

I have 2 of these systems, and both are running on 25c batteries. Specifically Gens Ace 25c 4000mah stick packs, which will fit in your TL01 perfectly (they are the same size as NIMH packs). You can grab them from hobbypartz for about $20 each.

You dont need anything special for it. Those batteries above can put out up to 100a if needed. You 35a speedie wont go near that.

Turn up the punch and timing all the way (using the program card), and gear it at something like 5.0 FDR (you may need the fast gear set). Check the motor temps regularly, say at 1 minute, 2 minutes and 4 minutes the first time around. See how hot it gets. A temp gun is ideal, but if you don't have one, you should be able to hold your finger on the motor for a few seconds without burning yourself. The max you want to get to is 70 deg C (160 deg F). And I mean max. For longer life try to keep it more in the 50 deg C (120 deg F) range.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

you sir are amazing i am going to use that post to plan out all my stuff for gearing, and oh not the same motor :P well i hope the one i ordered which i get in 3 days and my receiver comes in 2 days which its 9 at night here so not even that maybe 1 day and a half, and yea the TL 01 i saw with a VXl or something and it FLEW, but i dont want to fry the inner parts since this is a test car for my brother till i buy a HPI or something
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Take a lipo 2s 5000mah at least 30c for your car and motor/esc combo.