Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Man I have to admit...all this talk about misaligned rear-toe-in has me rethinking my purchase....I haven't even run the car yet
Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Carl, don't let all the rumblings about the rear toe-in sway you away from the car. I can't tell if mine has it or not. It certainly doesn't show on the track. A friend of mine does have the issue, but he still runs the car just fine. Look back in the threads and Brit even said he loves the car, but it has this "issue". I'm sure it'll get resolved. Check out the Xray forums, company reps have already stated they are aware of the problem and will be addressing it.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by killingtime
Carl, don't let all the rumblings about the rear toe-in sway you away from the car. I can't tell if mine has it or not. It certainly doesn't show on the track. A friend of mine does have the issue, but he still runs the car just fine. Look back in the threads and Brit even said he loves the car, but it has this "issue". I'm sure it'll get resolved. Check out the Xray forums, company reps have already stated they are aware of the problem and will be addressing it.
Well said.

No one can argue with the increased performance that drivers are seeing in the T2 with the shim fix.

Not to mention the ease of adjustability. I put the new easy access layshaft to work this weekend for the first time in order to dial in the equivalent of a "half" tooth pinion gearing change by switching from a 116t spur to a 114t in less than two minutes, without having to de-tweak the car. The net result came in at a consistant .1s per lap decrease in lap times with the motors temp coming off at 195F (was 179F with the previous gearing).
Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

just use pro4 0 deg rear hubs and you will be set... well at least untill team tamale comes out with there's built 2deg into the metal hub.... plug plug plug muhahahahah
Old 01-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I just made the switch from the 415MSX to the T2 on Saturday. I was amazed how well the car went together just like my serpent... Everything thing fit like it should and unlike many here my rear toe-in is just fine. I brought it to the track early Sunday morning and was nervous to drive it as there are not parts available at my local track for the car yet, however there will be by this weeks end!!

I did very little set-up tweaks, the main using the lowest roll center hinge pin holders (F/R) I didnt even have time to really set it up before my first qualifier, I even through it down with wet tires...OOPS Lets just say the day went by in complete grandeur not one broken part, and the car was so easy to drive I was amazed, predictable and stable. By days end I was able to take almost a half second off my lap times and added a full lap on my overall Qualifying run.

The day ended up with a T2 in 1st, MSX in 2nd, and my lovely new T2 holding a strong 3rd. This new T2 has to be the nicest car on the market right now, and the amount of available tunning options are so vast it may me a few years to learn. I just hope everyone is enjoying their new T2 as much as I am.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
So its Xray's fault for your radio geting a "sick glitch and hitting the board pretty hard" that split your chassis?
EA
Quite frankly ..Yes it is there fault. well not the glitch part but the chassis splitting part. I have seen other manufactures cars hit the wall alot faster than I hit it and there car was fine. It just sucks plain & simple. I just wish thay did not have to countersink the holes so damn much and this probubly would not happen.

About the T2 rear-toe issue. I will shim it out but I am not happy about it. I really think X-ray gave us some BS story. Why can they just figure out where the problem is and address it? Dont dance around the issue.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

All,

This is FYI only and should not be read into any more than that.

In the quest for more caster (a must for the one-way setup ), and due to my giving up spare parts to other drivers in the past few weeks, I came up with a way to use the FK05 front c-hubs, steering blocks and rear hubs.

You can find the details in the Using FK05 hubs & steering blocks on the T2 thread on the XRAY forum.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killingtime
Do any of you guys remember when the Associated TC3 came out with different rear toe on each side and won darn near every race for about two years! They eventually fixed the problem but it took a long time. There were no sites like this back then so everyone lived with the slight problem without a lot of keyboard courage and went out and won races....just like the T2 is doing now.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

anyone wanna sell one cheap WITH the messed up rearend?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I just wish thay did not have to countersink the holes so damn much and this probubly would not happen.
Yea I could see it now at the drivers meetings "All T2 drivers must run 6mm ride height to keep their front chassis screws from draging the carpet"

LOL Thats a good one!!

Xray is a standup company as are all the other manufactures out there...They will address the problem as soon as they come up with a definate answer...

EA
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quite frankly ..Yes it is there fault. well not the glitch part but the chassis splitting part. I have seen other manufactures cars hit the wall alot faster than I hit it and there car was fine. It just sucks plain & simple. I just wish thay did not have to countersink the holes so damn much and this probubly would not happen.

About the T2 rear-toe issue. I will shim it out but I am not happy about it. I really think X-ray gave us some BS story. Why can they just figure out where the problem is and address it? Dont dance around the issue.

Dude, how can you say it is their fault the chassis split. You wrecked the car. Your not supposed to be hitting stuff. Didn't someone say Burch wrecked his car at the Novak and all the team drives scrounged stuff of the broken car. It happens.

Even if you witnessed other manufactures car cars hit the wall at greater speeds doesn't mean squat. Look at it this way. When Dale Earnhart hit the wall at Daytona everyone thought he would be ok, because the wreck wasn't that bad. The angle of the crash is what did it, not the speed.

You all need to stop bitching about breaking stuff. Shit happens. If you are so un-happy with your T2 give it to me and shut the hell up.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

I'll take it
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Dude, how can you say it is their fault the chassis split. You wrecked the car. Your not supposed to be hitting stuff. Didn't someone say Burch wrecked his car at the Novak and all the team drives scrounged stuff of the broken car. It happens.

Even if you witnessed other manufactures car cars hit the wall at greater speeds doesn't mean squat. Look at it this way. When Dale Earnhart hit the wall at Daytona everyone thought he would be ok, because the wreck wasn't that bad. The angle of the crash is what did it, not the speed.

You all need to stop bitching about breaking stuff. Shit happens. If you are so un-happy with your T2 give it to me and shut the hell up.

"wow"......well put!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yea I could see it now at the drivers meetings "All T2 drivers must run 6mm ride height to keep their front chassis screws from draging the carpet"
EA
First of all I was talking about my FK'05. If you look at the bottom of the chassis with the screw put in the bulkhead. They should have either not countersunk the holes so much or give us bigger screw heads so that it would grip the carbon fiber better.The screws just rip right through it. I would never run any screws lower than the chassis or reccommend anyone else doing so. Its all good.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

First of all I was talking about my FK'05. If you look at the bottom of the chassis with the screw put in the bulkhead. They should have either not countersunk the holes so much or give us bigger screw heads so that it would grip the carbon fiber better.The screws just rip right through it. I would never run any screws lower than the chassis or reccommend anyone else doing so. Its all good.
My bad...I missed the part of Fk05.... I know some guys did have a problem with that at one point and they took the center screw out and never had a problem after that....

I agree the screws that came with the FK05 did suck...they stripped out very easy...The T2's that I have seen seem to have better screws in them though...Havent heard of anyone having a problem with them yet...Thats a good thing I guess.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.