Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
BTW Kyle, excuse my ignorance but, is that some kind of phallic trophy that you're holding next to your man friend?
Possibly..

Here's another great pic..

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-14890811359_a269fff8ca_z.jpg
Old 03-21-2018, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone that objects on the basis of price to a $60 spec motor that would otherwise buy 3 or 4 $100+ motors a year to try and keep up with the motor game is seriously kidding themselves. I'm not totally sold on the FDR but its by no means a deal breaker.

If you are objecting on the basis that it will be too slow, there is stock and mod available as well, I think there will be plenty of speed difference between the classes where you can find a home.

Entry Fees: The club is super transparent about their finances. Any change in race fees is discussed at length and not taken lightly. Asking for donations when the SeaTac track needed paving was uncomfortable for sure, club members also kicked in cash when we bought a second set of carpet. Carpet does not last forever, the club does not want to pass the hat again when it needs to replace the carpet. A cash reserve has to be there for stuff like this. Brian has done a stellar job keeping the books in order and will show anyone who asks where every dime goes.

Ive heard a lot of doom and gloom about turnout numbers. Our friends in BC have their program going strong, probably less traveling down here for sure. Same thing for Rose City. NORA has a good thing going up north. Seattle between H30 and the Gym runs weekly in the winter. We have a permanent outdoor track now, there are lots of chances to race. Lots of supply for probably the same amount of demand, its a good problem have I guess.

Comp Committee: Anyone can run for a position. I wanted to be heard and wanted to see how things were done, so I did it and it was a rewarding experience. We through the course of hundreds of emails and hours of meetings discuss and debate every rule change and decision with great care, nothing is just tossed out there. I think some people have a perception that its a Toddtatorship and whatever he says goes, but trust me everyone at the table has a voice and isn't afraid to shoot down any idea, including Todd's. I'm not running for comp committee again this year, I think the position should go to someone that will be able to be at the track more consistently, and have new ideas. So if you are one of the grumblers, guess what, you can put up or shut up.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wednesday Final Points!

Great racing last night and Congrats to all the winners!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-capture.png  
cementsurfer86 and boylrmakr like this.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 2017/18 Season Wrap-Up

Another season of Hangar 30 racing is in the book, holy schnikeys! I can't say enough great things about our regulars and guests at Hangar 30, so let me just conclude this season by saying I'm grateful we have such a wide variety of programs (Nora, BC, Portland, and of course the Community Center) to choose from, and for the band of slightly demented brothers who make the pilgrimage to a bumpy WWII storage shed to thrash their toy cars. You guys rock.

Now, on to our final race report, courtesy of Jesse "Loctite" Anderson.

I've gone on and on all season long about the "fun factor" that Wednesday night racing at Hangar 30 provides. I've also gone on and on about how great it's been to have a legitimate novice class all season. What I haven't gone on about is the proverbial "bubble" that's created by our mid-week program. Many will say that On-Road is hurting, many will say that racers' attitudes are hurting, and many will say that cheating is an ever-present problem. While this may not have been our absolute stongest season in terms of car counts, I think I speak for most when I say that none of these rampant "problems" within the hobby exist on a Wednesday night. Our fastest wheelman galloping around with a rainbow fanny pack and a stuffed pony is evidence of that.

The laughs, smiles, and questionable conversations are to me, what is right with this hobby. While we all spend our hard-earned dollars and quality time preparing our cars to race, and while competition is/always will be the name of the game, the refreshing atmosphere of a club race is a welcome distraction from the negatives that this hobby/sport can provide at times. I'd like to personally thank everyone at Seattle RC Racers for continuing to provide the Wednesday program for all to enjoy, as well as all of our racers that made their way out to the track this year. Racing to me is fun again because of it.

Sappy sentiment aside, we had class champs to crown!

While Stuart went about destroying the Stock classes, there were podiums in both to be decided, as well as a Scale Spec title coming down to the last Main of the season. Kyle Bradshaw disposed of all our tomfoolery and was able to put a drive together to snatch the season crown from the #lyfecoach himself, Mr. Mike Boyle. Paul Nortness would take the Novice crown for the season, and will undoubtedly be moving up full time to Scale Spec for next year. He's ready, and has shown huge gains all season. Congrats to him, as well as all Novice drivers who made it out all season long. YOU are the ones who inevitably keep this hobby alive for us!

Congrats again to all the champions/podium finishers for the 2017/2018 H30 season!

Novice: 1st: Paul Nortness 2nd: Ken Christensen 3rd: Gary Bennett Scale Spec: 1st: Kyle Bradshaw 2nd: Mike Boyle 3rd: Chris Perry Stock TC: 1st: Stuart Mason 2nd: Andrew Cartwright 3rd: Jesse Anderson Stock 1/12th: 1st: Stuart Mason 2nd: Brian Bodine 3rd: Todd Mason

Full results are available as always, as rcscoringpro.com and attached below.

We have one more rip on the rug this weekend with the Emerald City Classic starting tomorrow night! Come on out and get your final fuzz-fix of the season before we head outdoors! It's been a hoot fellas, thanks for making this an epic carpet season.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (901.6 KB, 77 views)
Round 2.pdf (905.0 KB, 82 views)
Mains.pdf (896.6 KB, 108 views)
boylrmakr and Nortran11 like this.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Link to video of all Emerald City Classic Main Day Races

https://youtu.be/ihKHrkR0l8E

Cheers, Jake
boylrmakr likes this.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

See you guys on the asphalt, or if you're still craving some carpet racing, just 1.5hours north, is my local track: Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad
Race Dates Remaining at OGR:

Mar 31
Apr 14
Apr 28
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Asking/hoping/seeing...

11/21/18 H30
Turkey Eve Nationals...

Want to get back to the Hangar!!!
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2018-2019 Magnuson Schedule

Our tenth season at Magnuson! Hopefully this gets it out early enough for other clubs to work with. I feel that we're not hogging the schedule, and we'd sure like to come visit you!

Sep
Wed 26 H30
Sat 29 CC

Oct
Sat 13 CC
Wed 24 H30
Sat 27 CC

Nov
Sat-Sun 3-4 Big Chill (Chilliwack BC)
Wed 14 H30
Sat 17 CC

Dec
Sat 8 CC
Wed 12 H30
Sat 22 CC

Jan
Sat-Sun 5-6 WCICS (Sydney BC)
Wed 9 H30
Sat 12 CC
Sat 26 CC

Feb
Sat 9 CC
Wed 13 H30
Sat 23 CC
Wed 27 H30

Mar
Sat 9 CC
Wed 13 H30
Sat-Sun 23-24 ECC
Old 04-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

HI ALL

Had my surgery things are not good. I will be out for a few months.
I will be back some time..

Gary Bennett
Old 04-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Thinking of you Gary. I hope things take a positive turn soon.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Smile

Originally Posted by RC GB
HI ALL

Had my surgery things are not good. I will be out for a few months.
I will be back some time..

Gary Bennett
You're a tough old bird. I'll see ya back at the track bud. Get well soon.

JB
Old 07-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Doing some family scheduling, and this came together as a result. I think these dates are all good?

10/20-21 Yacolt, WA
11/2-4 Chilliwack, BC
11/30-12/2 Kelowna, BC
1/4-6 Victoria, BC
2/16-17 Mt. Vernon, WA
3/1*-3 Kamloops, BC
3/23-24 Seattle, WA

It comes up that that North America should have an ETS or somesuch. Well, North America is big. But, I look at that WA/BC race schedule and think, y'know, that's seven solid races that leave room on the calendar for club racing for all of us. The longest leg would be Yacolt to Kamloops at approx. 600 miles. A long haul, no question. About as long as Vienna, Austria to Apeldoorn, Netherlands.

The Northwest is strong with racing!
speedxl, angrymelon and AlexPate like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Doing some family scheduling, and this came together as a result. I think these dates are all good?

10/20-21 Yacolt, WA
11/2-4 Chilliwack, BC
11/30-12/2 Kelowna, BC
1/4-6 Victoria, BC
2/16-17 Mt. Vernon, WA
3/1*-3 Kamloops, BC
3/23-24 Seattle, WA

It comes up that that North America should have an ETS or somesuch. Well, North America is big. But, I look at that WA/BC race schedule and think, y'know, that's seven solid races that leave room on the calendar for club racing for all of us. The longest leg would be Yacolt to Kamloops at approx. 600 miles. A long haul, no question. About as long as Vienna, Austria to Apeldoorn, Netherlands.

The Northwest is strong with racing!
WTS FOR THE WIN!!!
how ever wcics might have something to say about you stealing several of its events 🤣
Personally I always felt there should be some sort of can am series to encourage travel between clubs .
speedxl likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Haha. Well, I'm not looking to poach anything, particularly as this schedule happened organically. More to the point that we have a series of races spread over a season where the region's best will be giving it their all. I'm not sure that needs yet another trophy.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Shoot, I’ll design the trophy. No problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.