Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCE PMB6 MBX6 Chassis!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default BCE PMB6 MBX6 Chassis!

Got to the house and saw a really nice package sitting next to the door! I ordered this Chassis from Bill at BCE Speed http://www.bcespeed.com/ and wanted to try this chassis out on my Mugen MBX6. Once i opened the package, the chassis looked all blinged out! fit and finish looks awesome, as most of his products.

I went ahead and snapped some shots of the new chassis, if you noticed, i didnt order the Hard ano'd chassis, just the regular stock finish. I ran a BCE chassis in the past, and the quality of aluminum, is greater than stock by more than just a few levels. I use to have to change out my chassis after about 8 gallons or so with stock..my older MBX5T BCE chassis lasted much longer...impressive none the less. Also you will notice this chassis is in fact lighter than the stock chassis by like 4 grams or so (non anodized)...this chassis is also 2mm to 3mm longer than stock (which is what i think the MBX6 needs considering its more narrow than the previous model)

but at any rate, here are some photos, i took pics of a brand new Mugen chassis and the New BCE Speed chassis on the scale so you can see the weight differences. Chassis looks awesome and cant wait to hit the track with it!

BCE

Mugen Stock Chassis

Last edited by Jesse; 06-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I must say that BCE chassis are first rate like the one I have
less weight last longer
Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let us know when you hit the track with it. I am really interested in it and want to know how much of a difference it really makes. Looks good.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Not a problem man, I will for sure post up some results and what setup I was using and so on..

I just finished installing the new chassis...everything fit right in no probs, looks real nice. Couldn't run it this weekend considering its fathers day, but I will for sure hit the track this week with it. Should be fun.

Jesse
Old 06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse
Not a problem man, I will for sure post up some results and what setup I was using and so on..

I just finished installing the new chassis...everything fit right in no probs, looks real nice. Couldn't run it this weekend considering its fathers day, but I will for sure hit the track this week with it. Should be fun.

Jesse

jesse the holes are in the same places?
have you notice any difference in the length?
Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, They manufacture their chassis to be a direct fit, no mods necessary. The new chassis is 2mm longer, where they lengthened the chassis does not effect anything else on the kit. The fit and finish is awesome.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

I have read that if you have the first production run kit the center shafts are to short. The apparently made them longer in the updated kit!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Yea they do...however looking at my kit (with original center drive shafts) it would need to take a lot to pop it out of place, or if my rear brace decides to go missing, then maybe. I never found the need for the longer option part, even with this chassis (by looking at how much room I have). So we will see how my original MBX6 (first prod kit) holds up with this chassis.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks good! 4g is utter peanuts though, especially as a lighter chassis actually raises the CG... but 4g anyway who cares

Are you a sponsored BCE pilot? Any info about the price?

thanks,

Paul
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jesse
Yea they do...however looking at my kit (with original center drive shafts) it would need to take a lot to pop it out of place, or if my rear brace decides to go missing, then maybe. I never found the need for the longer option part, even with this chassis (by looking at how much room I have). So we will see how my original MBX6 (first prod kit) holds up with this chassis.
Thank you for the thread and the info, keep us posted on the results! Also if you have any problems with the shorter shafts; I have one of the first kits and considered going BCE until I heard about the center shafts!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Got mine today $107 shipped to my door:
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Thank you for the thread and the info, keep us posted on the results! Also if you have any problems with the shorter shafts; I have one of the first kits and considered going BCE until I heard about the center shafts!
Anytime man! i enjoy posting threads like this, its exciting to try something you think should work well...its almost like trying out different setups for different track settings, its all part of the hobby man, so i am more than welcome to help out!

Like i said earlier, i do not see the "shorter" shafts being a problem, and if there is one, i will let you know.

Paul, the price of the chassis is listed on his site, they list the chassis for 98.95 http://www.bcespeed.com/index.php?pa...emart&Itemid=2

I agree Paul, 4 grams is nothing, could probably triple that weight by changing out your receiver battery, but what i think is important is how close they came to the OEM specs, even down to the last gram. One of my main concerns was how much flex the chassis will provide, as with the stock Mugen chassis, it flexes quite well, which helps aid in stability, problem is with the stock chassis, it wears down faster than previous models, such as the old 5R stock chassis.

BCE kept this in mind from what it seems, went with the same thickness and weight, as that does effect the CG, and handling. the extra 2mm in length should be beneficial as well, which i am eager to find out here soon. The higher grade aluminum is another great feature, which should help the chassis in longevity and the hairline cracks the stock mugen chassis's have been getting from a number of different drivers.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I do have to say, I drove the 6 with the stock chassis, and with the bce chassis, what a difference, I'm a losi guy, and now I've been jealous for months(so I had bill make a chassis for my 2.0) I'm not so jealous now. But I still have nothing bad to say about the 6 with the bce chassis on it, still blown away when I think about it.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Best hop up you can buy. I have had mine for about two months and love how stable it made the car. Money well spent.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

hello

does anybody have a set up with the bce chassis. i had mine for about 3 months now and i love it but wanted to see what others are running.

thanks
john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.