Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default goose in any main

yeah ill be there david the car is so much better 4 me easy street just have to drive her also got a hot mod nova LL3 THE FUTURE looks much
Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default goose fever

ill also be at west coast challenge at crystal park that next weekend oh yeah
Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

cya on the way to work
Old 08-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

WOW!!You've come along way since that trusty ole' MT-12.Now you're runnin' with the big boys.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Try to get SONY's AAA ones ... i got 5 of 1.100 mah, built a pack with them and they are working great ...

good luck

I didn't know that the capacity of the AAA size cells had reached 1100mah yet?!? I found some Energizer AAA cells that have 850mah which is 50mah more than the GP cells that most premade packs are made of.

If I can find some of those SONY cells I will definitely get them.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default goose holliday

fordman plan on gettin me an os tz also im working on improving
Old 08-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bundy_Bear, the S-Class gears are already on the Mongoose, so just carry on as you normally would. If you're orderinig gears, make sure you use gears for the S-Class set when specified. Look back a few pages and Motorman explains which gears can be used with what.

The side plates can be used with the S-Class gears so no drama there. The EVO 2 G4 is the same car as the Mongoose.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Bundy_Bear, the S-Class gears are already on the Mongoose, so just carry on as you normally would. If you're orderinig gears, make sure you use gears for the S-Class set when specified. Look back a few pages and Motorman explains which gears can be used with what.

The side plates can be used with the S-Class gears so no drama there. The EVO 2 G4 is the same car as the Mongoose.
Zoom: You have a PM!

BB
Old 08-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Un believable

I saw where you can get a adjustable gas cap for the Mongoose.I was even told it shoulden't leak like the stock ones do...SAY WHAT??? Is this like the frame stiffener that should have come with the kit because let's face it the Mongoose really needs it. Or maybe it's like the steering snafo .They admited it rubs<<< sugar coating but at least they came out with a new design that you can get so the car will steer. Wow there's a bonus .Also. I noticed marks on my engines from the brake disc hiting. That said I still think it is a good car but if this keeps up my Mugan and Serpent are in the bull pin
Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-imga6324.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's the quality of the bumper on the Mongoose? Is it useable or would it be a good idea to get a replacement?

If someone has replaced theirs, has anyone tried a Rubberneck on it yet? I love the one I have on my electric car, and wouldn't mind having one on this car.

I know there isn't a specific one for the Mongoose, but if I remember correctly, the G4 shared the same front post positions as the Reflex...which shared the same front post positions with the Kyosho V-One....which by my twisted logic says that the pre-cut Rubberneck bumper for the V-One RRR should in tern fit the Mongoose! The pics I've seen of the RRR and Mongoose would seem to support this.

I guess I could just by their generic bumper and drill it myself, but it would be so much easier if the if one of the premade ones fit.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The bumper on the Mongoose is really strong, no problems at all for me
Old 08-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dark I dont thing Kevin makes a bumper for the Mongoose yet. But the bumper RD Logics put on there is way stronger than the one that Trinity put on.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Hellion I havent seen any fuel tank leaks on any of the team cars cept the one we broke when hitting a wall. LOL The carbon braces are nice but not required. if the disc is rubbing the engine then you need to reorient the carb slightly. Heck even my serpent used to almost rub the carb. If you had a legitimate defective part did you try sending it back??? oh yea no other manufacturer does that so why would you think of it.

Bumper is plenty tough almost overkill.

S pinions and spurs have a diametrial pitch change meaning diameter not tooth count. The S class 1st pinions got smaller and the second spurs got smaller in diameter. Tooth count stayed constant but allowed an 18 to be used now and not before.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Uneke wrote: Will you have RDLogics stuff to sell at the GLC, ie. pipes, parts for the mongoose? If not do you know if Halo carries RDLogics?

I will have very little to nuthing on hand for sale. No Halo does not handle gas cars except kyosho.

Plan accordingly.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
Hellion I havent seen any fuel tank leaks on any of the team cars cept the one we broke when hitting a wall. LOL The carbon braces are nice but not required. if the disc is rubbing the engine then you need to reorient the carb slightly. Heck even my serpent used to almost rub the carb. If you had a legitimate defective part did you try sending it back??? oh yea no other manufacturer does that so why would you think of it.

Bumper is plenty tough almost overkill.

S pinions and spurs have a diametrial pitch change meaning diameter not tooth count. The S class 1st pinions got smaller and the second spurs got smaller in diameter. Tooth count stayed constant but allowed an 18 to be used now and not before.

Thanks Motorman

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.