Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Great Planes carried the previous line of Sweep tires, but they won't be carrying the EXP line?
I noticed this too. From what I can tell, GP is discontinuing a lot of Sweep products. But all the Sweep products on GPs site were under Much More part numbers. I think that Much More stopped distributing Sweep and that is why GP has no more Sweep Tires.

That's all I can come up with
Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Sweep Tires 30 exp

I did some Testing tonight at WestCoast raceway with the Sweep 30 exp.

First off ran 2 packs with are local spec tire. My best lap was 13.4.

Then I ran the Sweep 30 exp. My car right off the bat hit 13.2 and I was still breaking in tires. My car was more stable and carrying more cornerspeed!!! Will do more testing tuesday night racing.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That was when Sweep was associated with Much More. Now they split off and are a separate company from what I understand. Its good to see these tires be promoted in the US. I'll be looking forward to trying a set.

Oh yes... yellow wheels are freaking awesome. I'm so glad to have a premount available with yellow wheels!

-Korey
Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been testing the EXP30 on carpet for about a month now. The testing was done side by side between EXP30, Jaco Blue (32), and SJR 28. Well we all know about Jaco Blue on carpet.

The SJR28 are awesome for the first 3 minutes to get hot laps in, but then they pick up too much rubber off the carpet and begin to snap traction roll.

The EXP30 has the same grip like the SJR28 from the start and remain the same traction throughout the 6 minutes. After the run, the tires are noticeably cleaner and no rubber buildup. This is the consistency that every rubber on carpet racer is looking for.

Testing was done with both Jack-the-gripper and Stickyfingers.

Camber is critical for these tires.
Jaco Blue (32) F -2.5, R -3.5
SJR28 F-2.0, R-2.0
EXP30 F -2.0, R -2.0
I will continue testing next weekend. The 36" of snow killed this weekend.

I also plan to take a few sets to Fastcats and test up there in a couple weeks.

-- Randy
Old 02-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

In fact i am running Sorex 40R tyre with original type A hard insert in a highbite medium size track in 13.5R 8min race.
Unfortunately, the Sorex are always wear so fast and blistering in min 6.
Could this EXP36PP be helpful to fix my blistering and fast wear problem?

Best regards
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
I was asked to repost this information from my Losi XXX-S Tips and Tricks for Mod thread here. The test is run on a long outdoor track in a Losi XXX-S touring car with LRP X12 3.5 motor, Thunderpower 40 C battery and Tekin RX8 speed control. Speeds (60 mph) and amp draw (47 average amps) are high.

Sweep Racing Premounts

My Sweep racing premount tires came in. Thanks John. They come on yellow wheels of medium stiffness. I like the stiffness of the wheel. I inspected the glue bead carefully looking for the best premount 30's to put in the photo. It was apparent they were glued by hand. I saw evidence of a couple of stalls where the glue builds up more than normal. Practice eliminates this. This does not affect performance and cannot be seen without very close examination.

The wheels mounted easily but snugly on the Losi axles and hexes showing a good fit. The 36R tires that I will test tomorrow came unglued as they are prototype units. I scuffed the wheels as instructed and superglued the tires on. I had a couple of the stalls where the tip glues itself to the tire for a moment and stops the smooth round movement necessary for a visully perfect glue job. The insert were nice tapered rubber inserts in pink. Similar in shape to Sorex inserts. They felt like medium stiffness, although the literature with the tire says they are soft. The tire itself is identified with its temperature rating on the inside sidewall, and the tire brand on the outside sidewall. Thats a nice touch that saves you grief later on.
Road test tomorrow. Lap times maybe on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails

Sweep Racing 36R vs SJ racing 36R, 66 F air temp 84 F track temp.

I set the track to medium-high traction like I do on race day. I ran a pack to fine tune my sway bar changes. Things were in good shape after a couple of upper shock mount changes. I ran 5 laps on my control tire the SJ racing 36 R. These tires had 8-12 runs on them. I ran some good laps. I noticed how quickly I gained on a blue Nitro sedan. The car was good. I traded tires and ran the sweep racing tires (new). I was rewarded with more traction and better handling. I made progress on a blue Nitro much quicker. I ran only 6-7 laps and then decided to save the tire for racing tomorrow. The tire did not fade.
Normally a new tire is a little quicker than a well used tire. This is especially noticeable on indoor asphalt. On our outdoor track there is a new tire effect but it is much smaller than idoors with stock motors. Chances are good that I will still have more grip after 8-10 runs.
The only thing left now is to test durability. I will try to count runs on this set.
Attached Thumbnails

Is that a fair test comparing new tires to a set with roughly 8-12 runs on them? How are they head to head new?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Reg: Sweep Racing USA.

Sweep Racing products used to be distributed in the US by other companies. But this is no longer the case. Sweep Racing USA is now the exclusive distributor for all of North America.

Thank you.

Team Sweep Racing.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I did some Testing tonight at WestCoast raceway with the Sweep 30 exp.

First off ran 2 packs with are local spec tire. My best lap was 13.4.

Then I ran the Sweep 30 exp. My car right off the bat hit 13.2 and I was still breaking in tires. My car was more stable and carrying more cornerspeed!!! Will do more testing tuesday night racing.
as we expected, that is about right number. good luck in Tuesday series. at WCRCR

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
That was when Sweep was associated with Much More. Now they split off and are a separate company from what I understand. Its good to see these tires be promoted in the US. I'll be looking forward to trying a set.

Oh yes... yellow wheels are freaking awesome. I'm so glad to have a premount available with yellow wheels!

-Korey
Thanks you got it all right. this neon color is eye candy for sure.

Originally Posted by mac853
In fact i am running Sorex 40R tyre with original type A hard insert in a highbite medium size track in 13.5R 8min race.
Unfortunately, the Sorex are always wear so fast and blistering in min 6.
Could this EXP36PP be helpful to fix my blistering and fast wear problem?

Best regards
I used to Love Sorex, in fact 36R was my Advil. but In my personal opinion they have changed. try our 30yello for cool days and a EXP36yellow for warm days. on asphalt, more grip, wear lasts. they wont disappoint you.

when Summer comes we will have our own set of HARD EXP compound available.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Is that a fair test comparing new tires to a set with roughly 8-12 runs on them? How are they head to head new?
Hello Clint, i believe John will have long term report for us, he is known for, detailed, extreme accurate testing on fair ground.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-07-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
I have been testing the EXP30 on carpet for about a month now. The testing was done side by side between EXP30, Jaco Blue (32), and SJR 28. Well we all know about Jaco Blue on carpet.

The SJR28 are awesome for the first 3 minutes to get hot laps in, but then they pick up too much rubber off the carpet and begin to snap traction roll.

The EXP30 has the same grip like the SJR28 from the start and remain the same traction throughout the 6 minutes. After the run, the tires are noticeably cleaner and no rubber buildup. This is the consistency that every rubber on carpet racer is looking for.

Testing was done with both Jack-the-gripper and Stickyfingers.

Camber is critical for these tires.
Jaco Blue (32) F -2.5, R -3.5
SJR28 F-2.0, R-2.0
EXP30 F -2.0, R -2.0
I will continue testing next weekend. The 36" of snow killed this weekend.

I also plan to take a few sets to Fastcats and test up there in a couple weeks.

-- Randy
fast cats will be a good barometer for our exp36wht. that race will have Sorexx, Blue, xenon all on same track in same day, and I know our tires should compete with foam tires, league of our own I should say.

Our new EXP36wht Extreme Carpet tires will be the final nail in the coffin for foam TC racing.

Good luck! at North East Grand Slam.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
well you know I'm on board with these and will be supporting sweep racing for the 2010 season. i hope this will be tire of choice for Jackson
Thank you for your support ! I hope so too. running plastic like tires on heavy sugar coated surface should be over for us, we deserve better. see ya at races!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Hello Clint, i believe John will have long term report for us, he is known for, detail, extreme accurate testing on fair ground.
Sounds good. I guess we better get them now before the $30 price goes up
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Company Representative

Hello drivers

thank you for the great response on our 2 new tires, EXP36yel hot weather and EXP36wht carpet Extreme, we re sold out on introductory quantity of those 2 ypes of tires at this moment, regular shipment is expected by middle of next week.

we have our EXP30 cool weather spec in stock and ready to ship, this tire is suitable for medium to high bite carpets and asphalt for this cool season.

Again Thank you, see you at races.

Team Sweep Racing USA
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Company Representative

BTW We will reserve a last set of EXP36wht for Jeff M, you can placed an order as we emailed you.

Thanks Jeff

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
well you know im on board with these and will be supporting sweep racing for the 2010 season. i hope this will be tire of choice for jackson
We'll be rocking these tires for the 2010 Staten Island Outdoor Season!!........... Can't wait!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Company Representative

Hello racers

we been informed there is a incident where EXP30 yellow cool weather spec tires became unglued on high traction driving.

we will try to make the bonding even stronger from a next batch, please inspect your wheels after each run, re-glue spots if needed.

sorry for the inconvenience it may occur

regards

Team Sweep Racing USA

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-10-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.