Wiki Posts
Search

Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time

I just got this in a large lot of stuff I got off eBay. Original Ideas were TRC, Corally, AE, but I couldn't find anything similar using google images. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time-102_2355.jpg   Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time-102_2356.jpg   Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time-102_2358.jpg   Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time-102_2360.jpg   Unknow Pan Car (ID Help Needed) Better pics this time-102_2361.jpg  

Old 10-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Like someone said in the other thread...it's a Composite Craft Predator but using the AE front end instead of the stock one.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37652

Scroll down a bit and you'll see one like yours.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is a TRC Lynx. The TRC had an 3/8" aluminum cross bar with upright kingpins in front which have been replaced by the Associated Old Skool front end.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by mazdaprotege4
I just got this in a large lot of stuff I got off eBay. Original Ideas were TRC, Corally, AE, but I couldn't find anything similar using google images. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
C/C Predator. Though I don't remember the front end being Associated. ???

Edit: InspGadgt's got it correct!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Check out that motor! That's from what, 1991? Those things used to rock!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by miller tyme
That is a TRC Lynx. The TRC had an 3/8" aluminum cross bar with upright kingpins in front which have been replaced by the Associated Old Skool front end.
The Lynx used a completely different rear end which had a single shock and damper disks mounted to a cantilever lower arm with 2 links on the top.

Original thread where I found the pic: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.ph...=14059&start=0
Old 10-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Don't ya just love those front tires? Man, that thing must have turned on a dime!!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Here is a link to the Composite Craft people on facebook (Facebook=yuk) but so you can see what you have. Scroll down to the post about the cars, midpage or so. You will see the stock versions. You need to understand that back in the old days, everyone had and used their Dremels all the time. To take off the flat beam front end and put a associated front end was common and only took 30 minutes or so to do. This was a Hobby after all, and building your own cars from scratch was fairly common too. My brother and I made several of our own cars.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-C...32259133489198

Steve
Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The Lynx used a completely different rear end which had a single shock and damper disks mounted to a cantilever lower arm with 2 links on the top.

Original thread where I found the pic: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.ph...=14059&start=0
Your pic is a Lynx II, I had both and loved them on asphalt they were glued to the track. The 1st post may be a composite craft, but sure is awful similar to the original lynx just with the links closer together. My first Lynx had the link out wide and the rear pod floated as close to a vertical path as you could get no dampener disc at all
Old 10-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Well given TRC eventually took over Composite Craft I wouldn't be surprised if there was some cross over there in the cars.