Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rubber tire carpet setup

hey everyone. can anyone help me with a good setup for running rubber tire on carpet. want to try my ta05 on carpet in rubber tire class. thanx i appreciate the help.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rear toe in question

So the stock TA05 kit has 1 degree of rear toe in. So if I want to achieve 3 degrees of rear toe in can I just switch to the 2 degree rear hubs?

The only blocks I have right now are the stock ones and a "B" and "D" block.

Also on the rear traction comment with the camber link angle. Is that higher ad the diff side or higher at the tire side for more traction?

Thanks.

Also on the standing up the shocks bit, doesn't standing them up make the car react quicker as the suspension is less progressive. Maybe that's a fine tuning adjustment... I don't know I have just begun to play with setup after racing for over a year.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by cutwo
So the stock TA05 kit has 1 degree of rear toe in. So if I want to achieve 3 degrees of rear toe in can I just switch to the 2 degree rear hubs?

The only blocks I have right now are the stock ones and a "B" and "D" block.
The stock TA05 comes with 2 degree rear toe-in upright. TA05R comes with 1 degree toe-in upright.
With "B" and "D" block you are at 3 degree since you're on TA05 stock kit.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Higher at the tyre side

I run the standard TA 05 R A? and D blocks with the Aluminium Rear Upright Hop Up. Can I get more toe in than that?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I will be racing in the Belgian Tamiya EuroCup Series in 2008, with the TA-05. Which upgrades can you guys recommend? With that I mean upgrades that really do matter in lap times, such as a one-way, TRF-shocks,... is the Tamiya carbon reinforced bath tub chassis good?
I will be running on asphalt and carpet, with a Tamiya TZ/RZ 23T motor.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by potloodslijper
Hi,

I will be racing in the Belgian Tamiya EuroCup Series in 2008, with the TA-05. Which upgrades can you guys recommend? With that I mean upgrades that really do matter in lap times, such as a one-way, TRF-shocks,... is the Tamiya carbon reinforced bath tub chassis good?
I will be running on asphalt and carpet, with a Tamiya TZ/RZ 23T motor.
If the track is flowing, use a one way, if it is technical use a spool.

The trf shocks are worth having, they are a bit heavier but they are much easier to setup and are very smooth. The kit shocks are OK to start with though I doubt they would change your laptimes though.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the advice, I'll start by buying the TRF-shocks, spool and one-way, so I can test them all. We have very different tracks here, so every option will be used I guess.
Is the Tamiya carbon reinforced bathtub chassis often used? Another thing that I'll be needing is an alu motor mount for cooling.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

There are two versions of 1 way, centre and front. I've only ever used the centre version. It keeps the speed up through the corners when you lift off the throttle, but you have less brakes.

I prefer the spool, which gives better drive out the corners

Oh, make sure you upgrade the front driveshafts at least to the Universal ones. Never used the carbon bathtub chassis so I cant comment on it, but I heard some people getting them brand new and they have a small amount of tweak in them

I tried roll bars, but didnt like how they changed the cars handling.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I have also heard guys mention the tweak in the carbon bathtub
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

TA05 Mobile 1 Kit

Question.

Are the diffs the same as the R kit or the outdrives different.
Are the arms, c-hubs, steering knuckles the standard suspension in regular plastic or harder graphite/plastic like normal 415 stuff.

I know it has dogbones and other lower end stuff. I'm debating using one to run a GT2 class and beat down the man known on here as Solara and his TA05R!! Slowara...I will show you what a box stock kit can do!!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Toe In

Thanks KilleR! I will try that out at the next rubber tire race.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
TA05 Mobile 1 Kit

Question.

Are the arms, c-hubs, steering knuckles the standard suspension in regular plastic or harder graphite/plastic like normal 415 stuff.

I know it has dogbones and other lower end stuff. I'm debating using one to run a GT2 class and beat down the man known on here as Solara and his TA05R!! Slowara...I will show you what a box stock kit can do!!
Stock diff outdrives are plastic, pulleys are similar but the R uses the wide tooth spacing.

Suspension is normal plastic but may not be LW Reversable style. The IFS uses the upgraded suspension.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cannonball Dan
Higher at the tyre side

I run the standard TA 05 R A? and D blocks with the Aluminium Rear Upright Hop Up. Can I get more toe in than that?
I went thru exactly what you went thru 3 weeks ago...you will need only 1 block...the XA block at the front of your rear tranmssion.

I have the same alum rear up right...0 degree, using the existing D block at the rear...only changed the front block from A to XA. That will gives you 3 degree.

Also...take off all the sway bar.....

After 2 weeks of testing...my car is quite good, just a little push at couple turns...might need to trim down the rear toe from -3 to -2.5, that will require a C block at the rear instead of D.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
TA05 Mobile 1 Kit

Question.

You use a box stock TA05 @ Trackside...if you can beat my stock 05R, I hand that car over to you, plus my Mi3, my 950R, 501X, M18, Gen X, My SCAR-Light, G4 Carbine, M249 Para....my whole basement. Cause I will retire from RC...

Diff on R is different, it use the WHITE doublt tooth pulley...use the blue belt. Arms are the hard plastic one, not the revsersable one...good for FOAMS. You need quite a lot of $$$ to convert the stock 05 to R version.......

BTW ppl...Nexus used to have his R (I bought that for him from Japan since day 1) and somehow he ran that car 2 times and sold that car for $100, and now he wants it back cause he knew the 05R is a better car then his radio shack RC car...someone sell him a 05R cheap....LOL
Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
BTW ppl...Nexus used to have his R (I bought that for him from Japan since day 1) and somehow he ran that car 2 times and sold that car for $100, and now he wants it back cause he knew the 05R is a better car then his radio shack RC car...someone sell him a 05R cheap....LOL
let him suffer! thats what he gets for selling a great car and having no faith in it.... just kidding nexus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.