06 FR21 Off-Road Racing Engine >

06 FR21 Off-Road Racing Engine

Old 06-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow 06 FR21 Off-Road Racing Engine

High Performance. Quality. Affordable. When setting out to develop the 2006 FR21, our main goals were to build a high performance engine capable of competing at the highest levels of competition, that exceeds the highest quality standards, and is affordable. Joining forces with one of the most reputable Italian engine manufacturers, we met our goals with this latest addition to our nitro engine line. The 2006 FR21 is completely new and shares no parts with its predecessors. The 2006 FR21 was specifically developed for serious off-road racing and flat out rips in both 1/8 buggy and truggy classes.

NOTE: This engine was developed for racing purposes and is not recommended for backyard use. This engine is recommended only for experienced racers and/or under the close supervision of an experienced racer.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Italian based quality and performance.
True ABC construction features pro ported sleeve with special outside channels to increase and accelerate fuel delivery to the ports; special cylinder chroming system achieves maximum quality and hardness; machined piston made of special aluminum alloy for maximum performance and cylinder/piston logevity.
High performance connecting rod features high strength design machined from solid billet aluminum alloy, double bushings, and 3 oil passage holes for maximum lubrication.
High performance crank features pro porting and modifications for maximum fuel delivery and efficiency.
High performance crankcase made using special Italian engine casting techniques which produce a highly stable casting that will not distort from heat.
High performance heat sink head features strong 6 bolt configuration, 11 fins for maximum cooling, and replaceable combustion chamber button.
High performance 8mm carburetor features aluminum construction, 2-needle design, and adjustable swivel fuel inlet.
High performance rear plate features o-ring seal, and machined passages for maximum fuel delivery.
High performance bearings (sealed front bearing).
Standard head button (optional turbo head button available - part number FAN00208).
Includes extra set of head shims for fine tuning, glow plug, exhaust seal, crankshaft collet, and allen wrench.
Unmatched customer support.
All spare parts available separately; Click here for parts menu

SPECIFICATIONS:

Displacement: .21ci / 3.5cc
Bore: 16.4mm
Stroke: 16.4mm
Horsepower: Due to the deception and inaccuracy of other brands we do not provide this spec. We are considering providing X-Dyno ratings if/when it becomes the industry standard. This engine has more than enough HP for any off-road racing situation. For comparison purposes only, other brands are rating their comparable engines in the 2.60 to 3.05 HP range.
Typical RPM Range: 3,000-38,000
Ports: 7 (6 transfer + 1 exhaust)
Carburetor: 8mm aluminum slide / 2 needle
Crank: Standard SG

MOST COMMON USE:

1/8 Off-Road Buggy
Off-Road Truggy
Old 06-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

$$$?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

OPS!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grindgod
OPS!
Ditto. OPS' are supposed to be great. How much for this?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I have 6 FR18s from the 2003-2005 era and they were all sweet. 3 of them are still rocking my world. One of which is fresh. Fantom makes happy stuff and I'm hoping this .21 is just the beginning of the new lineup.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
$$$?
$279.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=FAN00100
Old 06-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

looks like OPS finally got a distributer I had a ops 21 with the boost chamber, it was the best motor I had. I still have the carb and use that on other motors to make them run better, the carb all on its own is awsome.

Looks like I found my new motor
Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

nternationalnitro.com have the new OPS motors they look awesome
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

US$ 279.99 at stormer ...

Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I commented on another forum that OPS seems to be taking the Novarossi philosophy to heart. This makes 3 dofferent badge worn by OPS made engines. I have heard that the latest OPS' are spectacular engines that get unreal mileage, make great power and last 9-10 gallons easily. Not bad if you ask me. I wouldn't call $279 economical but if it outlasts other engines by a large amount then it is certainly a better bargain than some of the other top engines that can only go 4 gallons (*cough*vspec*cough, cough*).
Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thats a lot of $$ for a Fantom. I have an RB S7II thats still runs like a champ, must have 7+ gallons on it. This will be the second season for it. Heck of a lot cheaper. I had a big problem with them last year with a Fantom motor going bad on me. Tossed the wrist pin clips after 3/4 of a gallon through it. Took almost 6 months to get the motor fixed. Also I a friend of mine bought a fr21 when i got mine and has had problems with his after the first gallon. I know they stopped distrubting nitro motors for a time last summer. Maybe they fixed their issues and are back on the market.

Last edited by BigRed; 07-13-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
saw
Tech Adept

those motors you had were made by an entirely different company than this motor is made buy
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The FR21 06' is made by RC Power out of Italy. They also manufacture OPS and Radical engines. RC Power has been around a long time, and are back now again in the market. I just recieved my FR21 06' and I'll let you guys know how it runs once I get some time with it. I will try it with a JP3 and the OPS adjustible pipe. I have seen the other engines in the family run and if its anything like those it will be insane!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

a local guy ran an ops last year that was quite the power plant. I was very impressed by it, to bad I couldn't purchase one.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

The OPS line of motors are very impressive. I have been testing the OPS Speedster for a few months, and it's a very nice motor.

The OPS Torque is by far the best motor from OPS though. Great milage with the OPS pipe, and very smooth. Chris Crews has been running the '06 series Torque motors, and his only complaint is longevity- 3 or 4 gallons at the max.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.