Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stadium trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink Stadium trucks

Hi i am going to buy a stadium truck, i am new to nitro cars so i want the stadium truck to have a good reliable engine and to be fast. Any suggestions please,just need help lol.

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I would look at the LOSI XXX-NT RTR
or the new
TRAXXAS JATO
if you are going to race at a track i would go for the LOSI
Good LUCK
Old 05-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Well as i am a beginner i want most of all a good engine. And i have heard that traxxas engines are too fidally and need too much tweaking. I also want the car to be roto or drill start, as i hate pull starts lol, Do u thnk that the schumacer menace is a good car or not?

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

RTR Duratrax Evader ST
RTR Associated RC10GT
RTR Losi XXX-NT

The GT and ST are found at www.towerhobbies.com and the Losi is found at www.stormerhobbies.com
Old 05-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Are all of these cars roto or drill start? And if it was ur choice here and now based on these three cars engine and value for money which one wud u go for? And can u also get spares and upgrades for these crs?

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc fanatic
Well as i am a beginner i want most of all a good engine. And i have heard that traxxas engines are too fidally and need too much tweaking. I also want the car to be roto or drill start, as i hate pull starts lol, Do u thnk that the schumacer menace is a good car or not?
Chris - you've got the cart a little bit ahead of the horse.

You say you're a beginner but hate pull-starts. Why? Because of what everyone says? I prefer non-pullstart engines, but there's nothing wrong with pullstarts, especially for a beginner. It's less equipment to buy and pretty easy to get them running. The reason racers don't use pullstarts is it's more weight and drag to carry around, a pull-start requires a taller engine mount and this raises the center of gravity, and pull-start flywheels are usually larger diameter (to reach the S/B hole) but thinner, so harder to crank if you DO use a starter box, and it's just one more piece of equipment to go wrong. But they are great for learning.

As for engines - as a beginner, you're going to find ALL engines are too fiddley at first. There are things to be learned you can't get from any message board but from hands-on listening and observation.

As for a good engine - like it or not, you're probably going to make a lot of mistakes on your first engine, so you're better off not getting a "good" one. Stuff happens and you chock it up to learning. Don't worry, any sport class engine is going to be PLENTLY fast enough for you and you're going to get plenty of fun out of it. But if you make some fatal mistakes, you'll be glad it was the stock engine or a sport class engine rather than a $400 italian job.

Seriously, don't make your FIRST engine a good one. Make it a mid-quality engine and let yourself make mistakes on that. Then after you get good at it, you're going to want to spring for a hot engine anyway.

So. All this being said, I say go for the AE GT RTR Plus, hot stuff right out of the box, .15 pullstart engine, you'll be running it the day you receive it and you wont be displeased. Both my wife and I own and run GT's and they're durable, tunable, fast, and reliable trucks.

One word of advice with ANY newbie - the initial inclination is to over-prime the engine, I'm guessing 90% of the "can't get it started" posts are from flooded engines. Just bring the fuel up to the carb and maybe one crank more, and they'll almost always start.

Have fun!

Last edited by rocknbil; 05-28-2005 at 09:55 AM. Reason: me typin sux
Old 05-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Sorry for confusing u but i still class myself a beginner although i have had 1 previous nitro car. It was a pull start and it was probably just unlucky but the one that it came with snapped within 1 week of having it, it was not me yanking on it, a chap at a hobby rc shop sed it was just cheaply made. So naturally since this happened i have not been to kean on pull start engines. So as u sed start of with a cheap 1 i did, however in the long run i spent more altogher on the car and repairs than what i would have on a good quality one. So now i have a vague idea on how they work i want a good quality one without a pull start engine.
So taking in to consideration to what i hav sed do u fink that the traxxas jato wud be a gud choice of car.

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If you want a durable fast cheap nitro stadium truck i would look at xtm's x-cellerator, looks like a peice of junk but it isnt it even comes with a nice engine and radio.